Raith vs Ayr, 24/2/2023

18 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Lee Bullen is one of the absolute trailblazers when it comes to setting up a team to play shite and somehow being 3rd in the table.

I therefore salute his guile, his awareness, his astuteness, his agility, his strength and his courage.

I would say "you forgot his indefatigability" but of course he gets beat all the time now.

Anyway. Home win. Ashford to start, O'Connor on the bench, Musonda on the operating table, the happy-clappers on the laughing gas as usual. Either that or Super Chris Maguire will set Akinyemi up for a double hat-trick. Either of these things are equally likely.

On 21/02/2023 at 13:27, D'Jaffo said:

Ayr fans aren’t particularly fond of him either. Must be easily the worst referee in the SPFL. 

Not buying that, as most are bad in their own unique and special ways. There isn’t really a ref out there that every team would cry and moan that they are doomed if he’s assigned. Take Colon Steven, ICT fans don’t hate him…you can pretty much find a team that tolerates each one of the evil little b*****ds!

Edited by TxRover

24 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not buying that, as most are bad in their own unique and special ways. There isn’t really a red out there that every team would cry and moan that they are doomed if he’s assigned. Take Colon Steven, ICT fans don’t hate him…you can pretty much find a team that tolerates each one of the evil little b*****ds!

He reffed us when we played Beith a few years back. Obviously with them being a junior side there were a few sturdy challenges that you’d expect at that level. He obviously let them away with it but anytime one of our players did the same, usually Bell or Geggan, he was straight out with the whistle and not having any of it. He’s got the face of someone who you just knew was a wee grass in school and never had any pals. 

I’d say he’s my least favourite but you’ve also got Steven McLean, Bobby Madden and Mike Roncone in there as well as refs I’ve remembered just because how little they’ve given us over the years. 

A bit more confident for this given the signing of Maguire and the fact Musonda came through 45 minutes in a reserve game and is hopefully fit enough to start 

Team wise I’d go:

Albinson

McAllister Kirk McGinty Musonda

Mullin McAlear Dempsey O'Connor

Maguire Akinyemi

Subs: McAdams, Houston, Reading, Hewitt, Smith, JML, Ashford, McKenzie, Bryden 

14 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

A bit more confident for this given the signing of Maguire and the fact Musonda came through 45 minutes in a reserve game and is hopefully fit enough to start 

Team wise I’d go:

Albinson

McAllister Kirk McGinty Musonda

Mullin McAlear Dempsey O'Connor

Maguire Akinyemi

Subs: McAdams, Houston, Reading, Hewitt, Smith, JML, Ashford, McKenzie, Bryden 

AP saying it's unlikely Musonda will be risked for Friday night so probably going to be on the bench again.

In Friday's programme:

- A chat with man of both clubs Craig McEwan (also Friday's FPA guest),

- A tribute to former Rovers goalkeeper Andy Graham,

- An interview with Ryan Nolan,

- A top of the table memory match from January 2009,

- Seeing as the BBC are here, a chat with pundit Leanne Crichton about her playing, coaching and media career,

- Rovers doctor Katy Green's new arrival,

Plus all the usual features including:

- Manager's Notes,

- On This Day,

- Mascots feature,

- Motherwell and QP match reports and pics,

- Stats, Quiz and Pics from past games.

On sale in and around the ground for only £3

3475474201.jpg

2 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I’d be very surprised by anything other than a rovers win. Raith are obviously “in form” and we are spiralling towards a 6th place finish. Definitely, definitely not trying to temp (good) fate but it’s written in the stars. 

We might be 13 unbeaten but a few of them were cup games and a lot of shared points, the only teams we have beaten in the league since November are Hamilton and Arbroath.

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Canny even be arsed watching this, be surprised if we create much and Raith will just bully our full backs.  

This concept of bulling full backs, do explain further. You see, it’s just not something we’ve seen yet this year…although there is hope now that Akio and Gonçalves have arrived. As long as we can avoid conceding a corner, we’ll be alright.

21 minutes ago, TxRover said:

This concept of bulling full backs, do explain further. You see, it’s just not something we’ve seen yet this year…although there is hope now that Akio and Gonçalves have arrived. As long as we can avoid conceding a corner, we’ll be alright.

We've only scored from 1 all season so i don't think you're in much danger

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

We've only scored from 1 all season so i don't think you're in much danger

Have we? It’s hard to judge as I’d have said Brydens goal against Elgin came from a corner but technically it probably wouldn’t be counted as such. 

Kirk scored from one against Cove and McGinty scored from one against QP. That’s the two that spring to mind.