Raith vs Ayr, 24/2/2023

19 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Going to look for trouble is cringe worthy I agree, but personally I've no problem with the flare being set off.

Let's face it; Stark's would be one of the shittest atmospheres going without the young supporters bouncing about. 

Don't get me wrong, no one has a problem with them bouncing about and singing, they do bring a bit of atmosphere, but the flares can do one, especially after the Pars cup game that caused pitch damage due to one little diddy chucking it.

42 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Going to look for trouble is cringe worthy I agree, but personally I've no problem with the flare being set off.

Let's face it; Stark's would be one of the shittest atmospheres going without the young supporters bouncing about. 

Says it all about our lack of punch up front that the young team decide a penalty save was worthy of a flare going off. 

What next, Gullan lasting 90 minutes? 

20 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Says it all about our lack of punch up front that the young team decide a penalty save was worthy of a flare going off. 

What next, Gullan lasting 90 minutes? 

Colin Steven not sending one of our players off seems worthy of it tbh. 

4 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Don't get me wrong, no one has a problem with them bouncing about and singing, they do bring a bit of atmosphere, but the flares can do one, especially after the Pars cup game that caused pitch damage due to one little diddy chucking it.

As has been noted in other releases, there are genuine concerns about the fumes released from smoke bombs and flares. A flare is burning at around 1,300 Celsius, and both a flare or a smoke bomb release chemicals that can damage airways and are a particular risk to persons with asthma or other respiratory disease or damage. Releasing this smoke in a somewhat enclosed area makes it even worse, and if someone was at a match with these concerns, there would be a genuine risk of a severe asthma attack and subsequent hospitalization. Are we saying we can afford to tell our older fans, and some younger ones, that attending the Rovers might be hazardous or potentially fatal?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6236165/

https://jtd.amegroups.com/article/view/10602/html