Raith vs Ayr, 24/2/2023

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I believe Dempsey has put every single one of his penalty’s the same way bar one (against Arbroath at home) so it would’t have been hard for MacDonald and his goalie coach to do a bit of research into it and know where he was going. 

Aye Robbie Thomson (our goalkeeping coach) said after the penalty win at Dundee that him and our data analyst go over pretty much every penalty ever taken by the penalty takers of whoever they face so MacDonald would have been well briefed. 

2 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Aye Robbie Thomson (our goalkeeping coach) said after the penalty win at Dundee that him and our data analyst go over pretty much every penalty ever taken by the penalty takers of whoever they face so MacDonald would have been well briefed. 

Robbie owes me a tenner 

Screenshot_20230224_214521_bet365.jpg

5 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Poor game of football, lacking in quality on both sides. Ayr will probably feel they should have taken 3 points based on the penalty save and Akinyemi’s sitter late on.

That’s the worst I’ve seen us since the draw with Morton before Christmas, a real missed opportunity to put ourselves right into the mix for the top 4. Positives are it’s another game unbeaten and grinding out a point when not at our best and also a much needed clean sheet, only our second clean sheet in our last 13 league games. Thought Lang and Nolan handled Akinyemi pretty well.

Our real problem was up front, we badly miss the option of Vaughan and Gullan. Goncalves is no where near fit and his decision making was poor when opportunities opened up late on. However, he is still a better option than Akio for me who just doesn’t look like a footballer. His movement was awful. Watching him closely, he let the passer dictate his run rather than him dictating the pass with his movement if that makes sense. Always on his heels and only chasing after a pass when it was made rather than making the runs himself for our midfield to find.

Yeah. Pretty much all this. 

I would start Gonçalves and have Akio as the option from the bench where I think he'd offer a bit more against tiring defenders. 

Unfortunately we just don't have enough about us to make a push for that top 4, but quite happy to keep accumulating points and stay out of trouble at the other end of the table. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah. Pretty much all this. 

I would start Gonçalves and have Akio as the option from the bench where I think he'd offer a bit more against tiring defenders. 

Unfortunately we just don't have enough about us to make a push for that top 4, but quite happy to keep accumulating points and stay out of trouble at the other end of the table. 

Yeah might not be the worst thing, obviously the cash for finishing higher up would be very welcome. But let’s face it, even if we sneaked into the play offs, there is no chance we’re going up. Knowing with certainty what division we will be in with a few games to spare should give us a head start on our squad planning for next season. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

7A38A5B9-BD4D-4065-866E-0E006F56ED0C.thumb.jpeg.2461ed0f9304a9d4dca47ca552140213.jpeg

See on twitter they’ve lost another drum plus a flag, no a great couple of weeks for the young ultras. 

They're no the brightest bunch. Stood on the platform for trains headed towards Dundee / Aberdeen arguing amongst themselves about what route Ayr fans would be taking to get home. 

Apparently the actual fighting was elsewhere so they must have just been the shitebags. Poor show.

10 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Yeah might not be the worst thing, obviously the cash for finishing higher up would be very welcome. But let’s face it, even if we sneaked into the play offs, there is no chance we’re going up. Knowing with certainty what division we will be in with a few games to spare should give us a head start on our squad planning for next season. 

It would be great to get there from a financial point of view but we've just not got the quality up front. We just can't seem to beat the teams above us and if we can't do that we're not going to catch them. 5th or 6th would be a decent effort this season. 

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

When the young team can't even get the flag the right way up, you know you've had a boring night. 

I’m no overally clued up on ultras etiquette, but I think that’s what happens when one fan group steals another’s flag. 

Just watched the Ian Murray interview. Not sure what game he was watching in the second half but there’s absolutely zero chance we ‘just shaded it as the better team’ in that half. Came out asleep after half time as usual and gave away a penalty. Then the last half an hour was pretty much constant Ayr pressure with us mostly booting it clear and handed possession back to Ayr. His post match assessments are usually pretty spot on but he’s way off the mark there.