Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager - 3rd Edition of 2022/2023 Season

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

As the poster who's been waging a one-man campaign to bring Levein back on any opportunity we've had for the last four years, I'm looking forward to looking like a genius or a fcuking idiot over the next few months.

27 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

As the poster who's been waging a one-man campaign to bring Levein back on any opportunity we've had for the last four years, I'm looking forward to looking like a genius or a fcuking idiot over the next few months.

You probably don't need told this already, but his 2nd spell at Hearts was awful.

Terrible tactics, terrible recruitment, terrible man management, culminating in a club with an annual £9 million wage bill finishing below Hamilton Accies.

19 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

You probably don't need told this already, but his 2nd spell at Hearts was awful.

Terrible tactics, terrible recruitment, terrible man management, culminating in a club with an annual £9 million wage bill finishing below Hamilton Accies.

Sounds like a perfect fit for United, in fairness.

It was because of how good a job he did changing Dundee United’s fortunes around, that I was happy when he came back to HMFC. At that point it felt like exactly what we needed.

From the outside looking in at United, he appeared to take a relegation threatened team, and had them up near the top of the league and competing with us. I think people are too quick to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to Levein. He has done well and poorly throughout his managerial career, and maybe United are the perfect fit? 

I think he would be a success there.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

If we’re after an experienced manager that’s never had a shit spell at any club they’ve managed,  I guess we could give Alex Ferguson a bell, but outside of that I’m stumped.

3 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

He missed out on the sheep job to McNeil I'm sure after he left St Mirren but probably to do with that yeah. 

By all accounts there was a lot going on at that time, so it's all rather murky. Said events apparently led him to turn down the sheep job, after being tapped by them.

5 hours ago, Martin_T said:

I like Levein on the radio now but he seems to get off lightly in Scottish football for this. As managerial f**k ups go it's right up there.

I know there's been plenty of jokes about John Hughes but I feel that Dundee United might genuinely be at such a point of desperation and panic that someone there may seriously consider him, sort of like a 'Hail Mary' scenario.

Under normal circumstances you'd imagine they'd never consider such a ridiculous appointment, but given the circus they've been hiring a clown wouldn't be the maddest idea in principle*.

*It would be in practice though. For that reason I hope it happens, but even desperate clubs would be unlikely to resort to such insane measures you'd think.