Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager - 3rd Edition of 2022/2023 Season

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the record, when this goes spectacularly wrong. I said Goodwin was a ‘decent’ manager, but not in the Ancelloti or Robinson category. Hopefully better than Mr Fox though, unless he listens to Mulgrew. Might have been a good idea to leave Lee Sharp out of the picture this time….

2 hours ago, GAD said:

I wonder if someone had to go back and delete all Dundee United's grassing tweets or if they are still there?

Think you've got events a bit confused there mate. Dundee United FC does not approve of trial by video and would never use video evidence to grass on another player.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-chairman-stephen-thomson-2259635

image.thumb.png.f083dbb604db2c47fc3c5fff73a3288f.png

3 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

I wonder which of Jim’s assets the United fans will warm to the most. His magnificent man management skills or his fantastic tactical nounce? 

Absolutely zero chance the relationship with Charlie Mulgrew is going to pan out. Zero.

1 hour ago, Kempes said:

For the record, when this goes spectacularly wrong. I said Goodwin was a ‘decent’ manager, but not in the Ancelloti or Robinson category. Hopefully better than Mr Fox though, unless he listens to Mulgrew. Might have been a good idea to leave Lee Sharp out of the picture this time….

Hopefully not surely?

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Think you've got events a bit confused there mate. Dundee United FC does not approve of trial by video and would never use video evidence to grass on another player.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-chairman-stephen-thomson-2259635

image.thumb.png.f083dbb604db2c47fc3c5fff73a3288f.png

That article simply was about the use of video evidence selectively, something which continues on with VAR. 

7 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That article simply was about the use of video evidence selectively, something which continues on with VAR. 

Which is fine, but about a couple months after that article, DUFC uploaded footage of an incident involving Goodwin to Youtube with the sole aim of getting him banned, making massive hypocrites of themselves.

He deserved the ban, btw, but you either hate isolated use of video evidence or you don't.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-hit-out-dundee-2974442

image.thumb.png.ee39788c94183dd3a93fd4b57ef0cdf3.png

23 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Which is fine, but about a couple months after that article, DUFC uploaded footage of an incident involving Goodwin to Youtube with the sole aim of getting him banned, making massive hypocrites of themselves.

He deserved the ban, btw, but you either hate isolated use of video evidence or you don't.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-hit-out-dundee-2974442

image.thumb.png.ee39788c94183dd3a93fd4b57ef0cdf3.png

Or highlighting the failure of the system? Up to you what interpretation you make.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Has Goodwin been paid up by Aberdeen?  Will Godwin’s contract end before that of Jack Ross?

Considering the friendship with Cormack you would expect it to be otherwise he would have been better collecting that cash for a bit.

8 hours ago, Drooper said:

This appointment is either absolutely batshit crazy, or utterly inspired.

I'll let the Dundee United fans decide....

That's what I said about the decision not to sack him after the Darvel game. Maybe this time it will be "utterly inspired".