Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager - 3rd Edition of 2022/2023 Season

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd be delighted to see United choose Goodwin over Levein as a Dundee fan.

Not really choosing Goodwin over Levein if the latter doesn't want it as is being reported.

I always kind of suspected talks would break down with Levein. A pity as I'd really warmed to the idea of him coming back, if only until the summer to try bail us out of this mire we've stuck ourselves in. One of the big pluses for Levein is that he still has credit in the bank with our fans. It would go someway to help alleviate the understandably poisonous atmosphere from our support at games.

Goodwin however, if he's appointed, will get little to no patience or support. He still lives rent free in the heads of a not insignificant proportion of our fanbase due to getting away with smashing Armstrong in the pus almost 10 years ago.

If the club want an appointment to take the heat off and get folk off their backs then Goodwin ain't it.

Eta: It should go without saying that despite all that, Goodwin is still a far more palatable option than John Hughes.

Edited by captainkev

19 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Not really choosing Goodwin over Levein if the latter doesn't want it as is being reported.

I always kind of suspected talks would break down with Levein. A pity as I'd really warmed to the idea of him coming back, if only until the summer to try bail us out of this mire we've stuck ourselves in. On of the big pluses for Levein is that he still has credit in the bank with our fans. It would go someway to help alleviate the understandably poisonous atmosphere from our support at games.

Goodwin however, if he's appointed, will get little to no patience or support. He still lives rent free in the heads of a not insignificant proportion of our fanbase due to getting away with smashing Armstrong in the pus almost 10 years ago.

If the club want an appointment to take the heat off and get folk off their backs then Goodwin ain't it.

Sounds like Levein does want to come back but the club are only offering a deal until the end of the season which he isn't interested in. Short sighted, if understandable with all the drama going on just now. 

Had to double check it was in fact March 1st instead of April 1st. All the goodwill theyve generated in the last 3 days will be gone in an instant by employing either of those two jobbers mentioned

Of the names mentioned thus far, my preference would be (in order):

Sir Craig >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Popcorn Teeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Goodwin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dum-Dum Hughes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Courts/Mulgrew/Crawford.

Cannae mind who else has been suggested, tbf. Probably prefer Goodwin to Hughes on the basis that whilst he's a smarmy, preening arsehole, he can at least form a coherent sentence.

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Of the names mentioned thus far, my preference would be (in order):

Sir Craig >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Popcorn Teeth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Goodwin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dum-Dum Hughes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Courts/Mulgrew/Crawford.

Cannae mind who else has been suggested, tbf. Probably prefer Goodwin to Hughes on the basis that whilst he's a smarmy, preening arsehole, he can at least form a coherent sentence.

Why is Courts so low down the list?

11 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Sounds like Levein does want to come back but the club are only offering a deal until the end of the season which he isn't interested in. Short sighted...

Quite frankly, the club should be asking Sir Craig what he wants and how high he wants them to jump.

Arseholes!

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why is Courts so low down the list?

Pros: We were very well organised and hard to beat. Fourth place was a decent achievement with a relatively poor squad (although greatly helped by everyone else below us being pish).

Cons: The nonsense churned out in every interview (*shudder*). We were sooooo boring to watch. The decision to jump ship after one moderately successful season (although that could be down to his boss being an arse). The general feeling that he was just an odd, out of place character.

On balance, maybe I'd have him ahead of Crawford and Mulgrew. 

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Pros: We were very well organised and hard to beat. Fourth place was a decent achievement with a relatively poor squad (although greatly helped by everyone else below us being pish).

Cons: The nonsense churned out in every interview (*shudder*). We were sooooo boring to watch. The decision to jump ship after one moderately successful season (although that could be down to his boss being an arse). The general feeling that he was just an odd, out of place character.

On balance, maybe I'd have him ahead of Crawford and Mulgrew. 

To be fair to Courts, it’s hard to make a team with your goalies boring.  Hilarious, yes.  Hopeless, yes.  Boring, no.  

I seem to be alone in thinking Goodwin would be a decent appointment, even taking into account his only serious rival seems to be John Hughes.  

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

To be fair to Courts, it’s hard to make a team with your goalies boring.  Hilarious, yes.  Hopeless, yes.  Boring, no.  

I seem to be alone in thinking Goodwin would be a decent appointment, even taking into account his only serious rival seems to be John Hughes.  

We had a guid keeper last season. He left to warm Celtic's bench.

16 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Quite frankly, the club should be asking Sir Craig what he wants and how high he wants them to jump.

Arseholes!

Spoken like a true football fan.

If Levein's demands are outwith what we can afford, and if he's looking for a longer contract than what our recent experience with managers would suggest be sensible, then of course we have no option to pull the plug.