Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager - 3rd Edition of 2022/2023 Season

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don’t tend to pay too much heed to the whole “pals in the media” thing, but I’ve just had a look at the Dundee United section of the BBC website and by f**k they seem desperate for Lennon to get it. 

Every story headlined “Who next for United?” or similar is accompanied by a picture of Lennon, they asked United fans about him specifically, despite the fact there are no credible or serious links with him. 

Mind you, if I was involved at all in the football industry I wouldn’t be happy if my so-called “pals” were pushing for me to get the poisoned chalice that is the United job at present. 

56 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

While I’m the Levein cheerleader, the optimal strategy for me is him in as interim gaffer and permanent DoF.

Step one complete: Tony is gone! 🙌

DoF would be the worst decision given that signing players and negotiating sales is Levein's weakest trait. I look forward to reading through this thread in 12 months when you're mid table in the Championship. 

12 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

DoF would be the worst decision given that signing players and negotiating sales is Levein's weakest trait. I look forward to reading through this thread in 12 months when you're mid table in the Championship. 

And have no-hoper midfielders on 3 year megabucks contracts and all your best youth players are allowed to run their contracts down....

1 hour ago, Falcor Roar said:

Did a damn good job as DOF at United previously. Most.of his signings were good(Dillon,.Daly,Kovacevic,Swanson,Gomis,Buaben, Webster, Zaluska, Weaver to name a few)

1 minute ago, Tannadeechee said:

Did a damn good job as DOF at United previously. Most.of his signings were good(Dillon,.Daly,Kovacevic,Swanson,Gomis,Buaben, Webster, Zaluska, Weaver to name a few)

That was about 14 years ago, Hearts was a few years ago. You'll find his contacts in the game are not what they were. 

6 minutes ago, Tannadeechee said:

Malauty Martin,Loic Damour and Glenn Whelan to name a few more

Thought we may have had a chance of not being pumped by several goals in an away game this weekend for a change.

But our record against Levein teams is stinking.

Still recall when we took 7,000 to Murrayfield to play Hearts and he decided to shrink the pitch, so we ended up with a really bizarre view of this game going on the distance.

Probably a sensible appointment in United's predicament, and presumably he now backtracks on this commitment to Brechin City this season he was so keen to point out in his radio pundity role.

10 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Thought we may have had a chance of not being pumped by several goals in an away game this weekend for a change.

But our record against Levein teams is stinking.

Still recall when we took 7,000 to Murrayfield to play Hearts and he decided to shrink the pitch, so we ended up with a really bizarre view of this game going on the distance.

Probably a sensible appointment in United's predicament, and presumably he now backtracks on this commitment to Brechin City this season he was so keen to point out in his radio pundity role.

Not that it's much to do with anything but he didn't "shrink" the pitch. It was our first game in a 3 game spell and he was asked what dimensions he wanted and he asked them to mirror Tynecastle.

If he's given the first team job on a short term contract I could just about see the point of gambling with it. If it's anything longer term and he has any say in transfers, it's a disastrous move.

14 hours ago, ArabFC said:

While this is highly subjective, I think it helps illustrate the rate at which managers get a positive mark on their CV. Indeed most (all?) of the managers we brought in that did a good job before we took them we ended up sacking.

Green = Levein. Everyone loved him.

Amber = Had their moments but I personally was not sad to see them go.

Red = Confident most would’ve offered to pack their bags for them.

Why wouldn’t you go for the one guy who’s done the job well before. Sure, it might end up in tears, but he’s got as good a chance as anybody of making it work.

895A0C7E-86D6-409D-B77C-FA912938DF1C.jpeg

What's wrong with you?

Why would you copy a table and not include the column headings? 

I've worked them out now but it's just really poor form. 

eil Lennon has reportedly ruled himself out of the running to become new Dundee United manager.

It's claimed the former Celtic and Hibs manager is not interested in the vacant post at Tannadice.

Lennon - who was last in the dugout at Omonia Nicosia in Cyprus - is thought to be interested in a return to management but it won't be at United.