Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager - 3rd Edition of 2022/2023 Season

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

195 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I know there's been plenty of jokes about John Hughes but I feel that Dundee United might genuinely be at such a point of desperation and panic that someone there may seriously consider him, sort of like a 'Hail Mary' scenario.

Under normal circumstances you'd imagine they'd never consider such a ridiculous appointment, but given the circus they've been hiring a clown wouldn't be the maddest idea in principle*.

*It would be in practice though. For that reason I hope it happens, but even desperate clubs would be unlikely to resort to such insane measures you'd think.

Not sure if I want to red dot you for trolling or green dot you for making me laugh.

But sadly we have has worse managers than Yogi.

13 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Not sure if I want to red dot you for trolling or green dot you for making me laugh.

Not trolling. As I said, such is the situation that there might be someone at Dundee United who is desperate enough to consider it.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Not trolling. As I said, such is the situation that there might be someone at Dundee United who is desperate enough to consider it.

Now you are giving me the fear as Tony might bite. 

Available. Experienced. Cheap. Tony keeps his job.

Ticks our boxes. 

Hell he has even won silverware. 

47 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

Ticks our boxes. 

Yogi would give you more chance of staying up that Potter would. 

7 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

7 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Ticks our boxes. 

You see, you're already warming to the idea.  It's for the best, you'll be at the acceptance stage by Friday.

3 hours ago, mychurch said:

Someone mentioned Dougie Imrie earlier, and that might be a gamble worth taking. His Morton team are horrible to play against and even if you go down, he should be able to put together a reasonable squad for the season after.

Won't matter who is in charge, Ogren has assured us all they will be coming right back up again regardless. 

17 hours ago, ArabFC said:

If we’re after an experienced manager that’s never had a shit spell at any club they’ve managed,  I guess we could give Alex Ferguson a bell, but outside of that I’m stumped.

If only there was a third option instead of Scottish footballs worst manager Levein and Scottish football's best manager Ferguson. 

13 hours ago, gannonball said:

I like Levein on the radio now but he seems to get off lightly in Scottish football for this. As managerial f**k ups go it's right up there.

He's a part of the BBC boys club. Truly astonishing that he's even in the frame for another club in Scotland's top two tiers. What he did to Hearts surpasses Lennon blowing the ten by a significant margin. He signed 96 players and I can think of about 3 who were good enough for Hearts.