Queens v Dunfermline

31 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Routine victory. We seem to play so much better away from home.

No idea what it is about EEP this season. The games are almost always dead nervy and we’re often chasing results. Very annoying when we can play like we did today. 

We've had some really poor results at home this season but worse, some really dreadful performances. It's very concerning and I'm still worried it may cost us yet.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The reality is that Bartley is failing to get a tune out of these guys, in much the same way that his predecessor was also unable to.

The strong factor in mediation for Bartley is that he didn't compile most of them.  We do need to wait for the summer and the start of next season to make any fair judgements.

He's got nothing much to point to in his favour so far though.

Let’s be honest he has a very low bar to outperform and I was expecting a lot more than I have seen in the past 5 league games. 4 new players should be improving things but we look every bit as poor as we were. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Not at our best just now, as shown over the last few weeks, however, we are resilient. If we can keep that spirit going, I believe we'll do enough to win the league. 

The better, stronger side won today, Can see why each team is where it is in the league despite to be fair not much in the game.. Cochrane was QoS stand out for be me he wanted the ball and moved it well. Left hand side of defence is poor. Paton needed more support up top though. Lots of cross balls into the box but ever worked Mehmet enough...

Marvin Bartley has his work cut out but I think he will work hard and improve the squad for next season for sure... 

10 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Let’s be honest he has a very low bar to outperform and I was expecting a lot more than I have seen in the past 5 league games. 4 new players should be improving things but we look every bit as poor as we were. 

I don't know if I was expecting a great deal more to be honest. 

It would have been nice, but it's not happening yet. 

Bartley benefits from a large amount of goodwill.  He comes across well and we really do all need him to succeed where others haven't. 

Judging him at this stage isn't fair.  If it was going well even now though, we all would be.

23 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

The better, stronger side won today, Can see why each team is where it is in the league despite to be fair not much in the game.. Cochrane was QoS stand out for be me he wanted the ball and moved it well. Left hand side of defence is poor. Paton needed more support up top though. Lots of cross balls into the box but ever worked Mehmet enough...

Marvin Bartley has his work cut out but I think he will work hard and improve the squad for next season for sure... 

It was men v boys we had plenty of effort but Dunfermline had that plus experience height and confidence played like a team top of the League .

What has happened to Kev a month ago he would have been off his line to attack that corner for the 2nd goal but  he seems to have lost his confidence like the rest of the team thought as well he should have saved the header straight at him but the keeper is the least of our problems .

Bartley now has to start planning for next season then he will be judged with his squad his very good talking will need to get replaced with results. 

Edited by Greenacres

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

There was some very poor draws in the mix this season, which we should be comfortably winning. This has gave Falkirk some chance when they really shouldn’t be having any whatsoever. But that’s the way it goes. 

Both clubs have dropped daft points. You lot got 4 off us to start with 😉

Got rid of "weak links" McKenna and the two McKays, but still losing soft goals. We're nowhere near the fitness of teams at the top, or the  workrate for that matter. Balls over the top to Paton were a complete waste of time but we kept trying it. Can't complain about the outcome, to be honest it was probably expected. Players in every position for Dunfermline looked like they weren't afraid to get stuck in, their passing and bal control was far better too. Another game less to the end of the season when we can hopefully get some footballers in. 

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Glad to see another clean sheet and win on the board.

How did McGowan play?

Be honest (and no doubt he'll have a blinder for the rest of the season) I thought he looked like an overweight jobber. I haven't seen him in the flesh for years though so he's maybe been podgy for a while. 

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

It was men v boys we had plenty of effort but Dunfermline had that plus experience height and confidence played like a team top of the League .

What has happened to Kev a month ago he would have been off his line to attack that corner for the 2nd goal but  he seems to have lost his confidence like the rest of the team thought as well he should have saved the header straight at him but the keeper is the least of our problems .

Bartley now has to start planning for next season then he will be judged with his squad his very good talking will need to get replaced with results. 

Bartley is a very good talker.  He understands how to punctuate his sentences.

6 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Didn’t have to do anything, Dunfermline had the game won before he came on. 

True but in terms of getting involved I thought he looked a step off it even in a team which didn't need to push it. He did however use his experience to buy a couple of cheap free kicks to take defuse the game and slow things down. If he gets fit he'll be an asset to Dunfermline. Even if he doesn't he'll probably have a use at the back end of games to see them out.

Why did we sit back 1st half yesterday and allow Dunfermline so much space to play out from the back. They were always nearly at the halfway line before meeting any "resistance". James McPake saying he knew Queens try to play out from the back which he successfully stopped meaning aimless punts up to our wee front men. Maybe Marvin's got his tactics wrong in this one and it's not all on the players.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Great ball by Comrie to KRH and a superb ball from KRH into Wighton for the first, the finish isn't too bad either

Even tho it trundled in it really was a great goal. Impressive  how quick we can move it when we want to

Edited by da_no_1

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Noticed the graphic on the goals shown on the Pars twitter has the second down as a Josh Todd OG. Looks to me like like Todd gets the first touch off his back but it actually deflects off Benedictus before going in?

I 100% thought it was bene’s goal at the time but he’s pretty easily conceded it in his COWS interview,   I highly doubt a striker would have done similarly

Wasn’t at the game, so only going off the highlights. Why was Josh Todd marking Benedictus? The guy looked like he had no idea what he was doing when trying to track his man.

Also, was Harry Cochrane as dreadful as he looked in the highlights? Seemed like Mochrie was running rings around him all day. Highlights seemed like he was trying to man-mark Mochrie, but seemed to be several times he lost his man so easily and just didn’t look at the races at all. Doesn’t feel like long ago that he was considered a really bright young talent, playing regularly in the top flight. Now he seems to be struggling at this level.

From a Pars perspective, looked like a couple of good passages of play. But a typical ‘professional’ performance. We’re tough to break down and trust our attacking players to have the quality to break down the opposition. KRH looked good in the highlights. Seemed to link up well with Comrie too.