Queens v Dunfermline

Routine victory. We seem to play so much better away from home.

No idea what it is about EEP this season. The games are almost always dead nervy and we’re often chasing results. Very annoying when we can play like we did today. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Our points total of 56 after 25 games isn't that bad I'd guess, certainly not mediocre. 

After the second goal we just seen the game out, lovely stuff. 

There was some very poor draws in the mix this season, which we should be comfortably winning. This has gave Falkirk some chance when they really shouldn’t be having any whatsoever. But that’s the way it goes. 

8 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

4 new signings and plenty of enthusiastic rhetoric but absolutely zero improvement where it matters …………….on the pitch. We look exactly the same as we were under WG and that’s not a compliment.In fact we are actually worse as we have dropped a place to 8th. Now 24 points behind a very mediocre Pars side which is bad enough BUT 10 BEHIND FC EDINBURGH despite beating them 3/3!!!! 

Another lacklustre display - could have played all day and never scored. The goals conceded were laughable. No on-field leadership and Wilson not fit to play yet again??

We have too many losers in that side to seriously turn things around. I don't think anyone could seriously sort that mess out on the field. Lets face it, if it wasn't for his off field antics WG would still be in charge seeing the season out. I'll wait until next season before I judge Bartley. 

Actually not angry today as they at least showed a bit of effort compared to last weekend. We were just beaten by a comfortably better side. We have too much dross in there to seriously compete but they can at least put in effort which I thought they did tbh. A comfortable victory for Dunfermline. They weren't spectacular but they were professional and got the job done without any issues. I'd give my left bollock for Queens to be as "mediocre" that. 

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Our points total of 56 after 25 games isn't that bad I'd guess, certainly not mediocre. 

After the second goal we just seen the game out, lovely stuff. 

In fairness, you could have taken three players off, not replaced them, yet still seen the game out comfortably.

19QOS19 summed it up earlier. Wasnt much of a game. There wasnt an awful lot between the two sides, but the one with better mentality and confidence found a way to score a couple of goals and win the game. And thoroughly deserved to.

First goal was the sort of scrappy goal title winning sides force in. I didnt see the 2nd. KRH should have scored with a free header late on but it made little odds. We could have played till tomorrow and not scored. Couple of half chances just before half time but Deniz had an easy enough game. Connelly looked lively when he came on at least. Just about the most positive thing from the game.

20 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Routine victory. We seem to play so much better away from home.

No idea what it is about EEP this season. The games are almost always dead nervy and we’re often chasing results. Very annoying when we can play like we did today. 

Grass pitch. Get it tae feck! 🤣

14 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

4 new signings and plenty of enthusiastic rhetoric but absolutely zero improvement where it matters …………….on the pitch. We look exactly the same as we were under WG and that’s not a compliment.In fact we are actually worse as we have dropped a place to 8th. Now 24 points behind a very mediocre Pars side which is bad enough BUT 10 BEHIND FC EDINBURGH despite beating them 3/3!!!! 

Another lacklustre display - could have played all day and never scored. The goals conceded were laughable. No on-field leadership and Wilson not fit to play yet again??

The reality is that Bartley is failing to get a tune out of these guys, in much the same way that his predecessor was also unable to.

The strong factor in mitigation for Bartley is that he didn't compile most of them.  We do need to wait for the summer and the start of next season to make any fair judgements.

He's got nothing much to point to in his favour so far though.

Edited by Monkey Tennis