30 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

I’d consider myself a Barry Cuddihy fan but Jesus he’s struggling.

If only we'd signed a rightback in January...

Edit: And there he is, in midfield ffs.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Delighted to get a long-awaited win. Given Clyde and Peterhead managed to miss the best part of three and a half open goals between them, you got the feeling, as the game went on, that one goal for either team would be enough. Cuddihy was really poor today and I didn’t think Hynds looked too clever either (it’s the first time I’ve seen him). We made plenty of individual mistakes that gave Peterhead chances but, for once, our luck was in.

Rennie was having no joy against Joshua but he did superbly well on the other side to get the ball back across for Salkeld’s header. Doherty did work very hard and I felt he had a better game today. You can tell he’s certainly a bit rough but I can see why we’ve brought him in as an Allan replacement.

Peterhead were a team of absolute giants. So much so that Oyinsan didn’t even look that big compared to some of their other players. Although we got three points today, the sheer size of them gives me the fear for the game at Balmoor. Shanks looks a talented player too.

A few closing remarks:

I’ve no idea how the Peterhead player wasn’t booked for hacking down Salkeld as we broke downfield.

We probably had no right celebrating a win that much given our pathetic season thus far but, given it was AUGUST, when we last won in the league, I’ll absolutely enjoy it!

Kurtis Roberts was the difference between the sides today, always pressing to get the ball back. Assuming he is on a one year contract I'd be surprised if someone doesnt offer him a better deal next season.

Mcgeever also looks committed but he was lucky not to be sent off in the first half for a two footed lunge. Peterhead should have been awarded a penalty for it, although they were so wasteful, and at times unlucky, with chances like hitting the crossbar. I'm relieved that there's finally a win but it can't excuse some of the poor performances recently. I hope it can be the start of players gaining a bit of confidence. 

Awful standard of game but fantastic result for us, as it’s hard to see either ourselves or Peterhead winning again this season out-with playing each other.

Roberts makes such a difference in that he is creative and does get us up the park. Funnily how folk see games, I actually thought Rennie was really good today and it was Doherty who really struggled. McGeever is pretty solid and makes a difference, Sula however is one of those players who ranges from doing well to bomb-scare within 5 mins, but worth persevering with as we have little choice. 
Not sure what was up with Cudihay today, awful. Very strange as we all know he is much better than that! 
Hynes is never a midfield player do I assume he is better at fullback, either way we desperately need a RB, what a difference it would make. 

Still… well done to the guys today and hopefully we can build from actually getting a win.
Crowd were great today, I’m sure the players appreciated it.

24 minutes ago, BonnieClyde said:

Kurtis Roberts was the difference between the sides today, always pressing to get the ball back. 

Mcgeever also looks committed but he was lucky not to be sent off in the first half for a two footed lunge. Peterhead should have been awarded a penalty for it, 

Roberts - agreed, some "engine" on him

McGeever - again agreed. Lucky boy.

Not sure how the 2 footed tackle was missed but glad it was. McGeever is a decent centre half, him and Sula are the best pairing I’ve seen this season.

How some of those chances were missed is beyond me, genuinely easier to score for some of them. Felt like Peterhead had better chances whereas we had more of the ball and tried to make more happen. 

I think we should’ve went to a 442, rennie out wide didn’t work and Doherty needed a hand in holding the ball up which rennie does well. Excellent work from him for the goal and glad we had bodies in the box to stick it away.

Did we deserve to win, probably not but we’ll take it. 

I hope I don’t see a game with 2 teams as bad as that again for a long time. 

Kurtis Roberts as said above was excellent, but I also thought Jon Craig had a very good game at left back as well. 

Edited by SLClyde