WTF No Thread - SMFC v RCFC

A massive 3 points today, I said to my son pre match that I’d take a scrappy 1-0 win. We started really well and had we been a bit less wasteful could have been out of sight by half time. 
We had some amount of chances to kill the game off, but a mixture of bad luck and some last ditch defending Kept county in the game.

Curtis Main really does get a hard time from match officials. It would appear that opponents are allowed to give him some pretty harsh treatment that goes for the majority of time unpunished. But what a shift from the big man today. 

9 minutes ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

This ref was worse than Beaton on Wednesday.  I’m all for letting the game flow but some of the ‘tackles’ today bordered on assault.  
And why he initially gave a yellow for the two footed lunge on Carson is anybody’s guess. 

The boy who got sent off, was he the same lad that took a dive mins earlier ? Why wasn’t he booked for simulation.

6 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

From my seat in w4 it looked like a dive, but I’ve not seen any highlights as yet to see if he did actually slip.

I think he just tried to be too clever and tripped over his own feet.

That red card however, how VAR had to check it - clear 2 footed lunge. 

23 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

The boy who got sent off, was he the same lad that took a dive mins earlier ? Why wasn’t he booked for simulation.

He slipped because he's pish.

I never realised just how reckless the red card offence was at the game today. I thought at the time the lad was probably entitled to go for the rebound from Carson's save, but having seen that back on Sportscene, he should be getting done for assault. 

14 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

I think he just tried to be too clever and tripped over his own feet.

That red card however, how VAR had to check it - clear 2 footed lunge. 

I’ve just seen the highlights of the incident for the red card. How the ref didn’t see the initial two footed lunge is quite incredible. 
However I do believe the boy was trying so slide in and get a touch on the loose ball, but he got it all wrong.

I will qualify this with I have been drinking, however...

Curtis Main won us that game today. He turned himself inside out chasing every lost cause. He won a couple of headers then either won the scond phase or was challenging for them. The commitment and passion was superb. What a fucking shift the big guy put in. He was clearly struggling with an injutlry from the motherwell game and put himself thru the wringer.

I like County, and I like Malky. I know that Uncle Roy and his magic cheque book gets them some stick, but the league is a better place with RC in it. 

12 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

I’ve just seen the highlights of the incident for the red card. How the ref didn’t see the initial two footed lunge is quite incredible. 
However I do believe the boy was trying so slide in and get a touch on the loose ball, but he got it all wrong.

Yeah, it’s not malicious, and he clearly just got it wrong, but it’s also a definite red.  No controversy, no appeal, and he’ll serve his three games.  

10 hours ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

I will qualify this with I have been drinking, however...

Curtis Main won us that game today. He turned himself inside out chasing every lost cause. He won a couple of headers then either won the scond phase or was challenging for them. The commitment and passion was superb. What a fucking shift the big guy put in. He was clearly struggling with an injutlry from the motherwell game and put himself thru the wringer.

I like County, and I like Malky. I know that Uncle Roy and his magic cheque book gets them some stick, but the league is a better place with RC in it. 

uujP4LEAlBNq.gif.d0c34ca3850dacf4e2fd54eaf599e9c7.gif