WTF No Thread - SMFC v RCFC

Waited Til Friday, no thread…

Blah, blah, blah, need a reaction, blah, blah, need a win to re-ignite Top 6 Tony hopes, blah, blah, etc. Anyone anything constructive or even anyone interested, the stage is yours. I’ve nothing to offer other than blah, blah, gie’s a scrappy 1-0. Can’t see it being a classic.

48 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Waited Til Friday, no thread…

Blah, blah, blah, need a reaction, blah, blah, need a win to re-ignite Top 6 Tony hopes, blah, blah, etc. Anyone anything constructive or even anyone interested, the stage is yours. I’ve nothing to offer other than blah, blah, gie’s a scrappy 1-0. Can’t see it being a classic.

Must win if any pretensions of top 6 / Europe given our remaining fixtures after this. Anything less and unfortunately the season will just fizzle out. Not in the least bit confident given recent form and injuries  /  suspensions

Given Motherwell's result in the week we could do with getting a result here.

Anytime we've hit a bit of decent form this season there's been a break, and it's set us back so hoping that's not the case again tomorrow. Don't have the stats off the top of my head but don't seem to recall Paisley being a particularly happy hunting ground, so I'd be happy with a point. Hopeful 🤞🏼

Laidlaw

Watson | Baldwin | Iacovitti

Randall* | Kenneh | Loturi* | Harmon

Dhanda

White | Murray

I think the team mostly picks itself. The only questions to me are:-

• Randall at right wing-back offers nothing going forward. Owura Edwards has played there and I think Gwion Edwards might be used there too. Randall tends to be favoured but I'd rather a winger than defensive full-back there, to balance the rest of the side
  • Loturi played instead of Callachan at Rangers. Is Callachan really going to be benched for two matches in a row?

Brophy can't play, of course.

Edited by bunglebonce

Carson

Strain - Fraser - Shaughnessy - Dunne - Small

O'Hara - Kiltie - Flynn

Watt - Jamieson/Offord

That is a worrying first XI to be honest. The bench will be even more terrifying with only Urminsky and Richard Taylor not wee boys.

County have made progress lately add in our injury list this will not be an easy game to win for St Mirren. Love my days out to the football a wee beer on the ferry train to St James into the 1877 club. . Then Wemyss Bay station bar before the ferry always great crac in there owner is a St Mirren season ticket holder. If Saints win it's a magic day out. , If we lost then it's still a good day out. 

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

County have made progress lately add in our injury list this will not be an easy game to win for St Mirren. Love my days out to the football a wee beer on the ferry train to St James into the 1877 club. . Then Wemyss Bay station bar before the ferry always great crac in there owner is a St Mirren season ticket holder. If Saints win it's a magic day out. , If we lost then it's still a good day out. 

Take elvis with you, might change either of your outlooks on the day😃

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Carson

Strain - Fraser - Shaughnessy - Dunne - Small

O'Hara - Kiltie - Flynn

Watt - Jamieson/Offord

That is a worrying first XI to be honest. The bench will be even more terrifying with only Urminsky and Richard Taylor not wee boys.

Seems not that long ago that we had a strong first 11 AND a strong bench.

Incredible how it can change so quickly.

Also, it could be worse than that line up - Dunne was on the bench on Wednesday, presumably because he wasn't fully fit.  3 days later that may still be the case.

9 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Seems not that long ago that we had a strong first 11 AND a strong bench.

Incredible how it can change so quickly.

Also, it could be worse than that line up - Dunne was on the bench on Wednesday, presumably because he wasn't fully fit.  3 days later that may still be the case.

Dunne wasn't named by Robinson as a doubt earlier when he was running names off so presuming he's now OK to go.

Assuming there's no miraculous improvement in our away form, we are going to need to win our remaining home games against bottom six teams if we are going to make top six. We have two of those left before the split, tomorrow and Killie on the 22nd of April. 

The squad is down to the bare bones and we have just lost three games in a row. We're off the back off a bruising encounter on a heavy Fir Park pitch midweek, while County haven't had a game for a fortnight. Still, I think we are going to win. Draw won't be much use to either side so hopefully we see a bit of excitement one way or another.

5-4

Steven Thompson hat trick.

This season has been a bit stop start for us, seems as soon as we come off a tiny bit of form we have a break. At least it will have given time for our new signings to settle in.

I don’t think Bunglebonce is too far off the mark, and I too would like to see Randall and Callachan rested for Edwards and Loturi as suggested. However I don’t expect this to be the case, as we know Mackay has his favourites. If St Mirren are struggling a bit with injuries, then maybe a 0-1 win is not too hopeful. 

I fear we're in for a sound thrashing today.

When you look at our potential starting XI, our best midfield is powderpuff and we'll have a forward who is barely up to match fitness alongside someone who has barely kicked a ball in the premiership.

I think I may have to put a bottle of vino in the fridge to soften the blow of defeat.

I'm in full "Elvis" mode today.