The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It depends how you mean hostile - I personally think we've taken a kid gloves approach for far too long.

volatility hasn't worked for you now upping that isn't going to work for you.

The only road to independence is to prove we would be better off and we haven't saw it yet

2 minutes ago, alan862 said:

volatility hasn't worked for you now upping that isn't going to work for you.

The only road to independence is to prove we would be better off and we haven't saw it yet

Odd - Brexit Britain wasn’t achieved by proving to anyone we’d be better off, and yet you’re right behind this mysterious, demonstrably volatile state.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Swinney has been dreadful in every role he's been in, including when he previously leader of the SNP.

As has Gus. Was he not the brainchild of the Westminster campaign in 2017 when he lost his own seat? 

If you're going for Robertson you'd be as well going for Swinney who has more name recognition. The outcome would be the same though - continuity. 

Someone with fresh ideas and an ability to change course is what's required. I'm not sure who that is tbh. I just know it's not Robertson.

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

Odd - Brexit Britain wasn’t achieved by proving to anyone we’d be better off, and yet you’re right behind this mysterious, demonstrably volatile state.

That was given a referendum same as Scottish independence was. Had Brexit vote had been won by Remain then I wouldn't expect it to rear its head for a good long while so not exactly the same is it?

7 minutes ago, alan862 said:

Didn't say it was in my post. What I said was her being a feminist makes it strange to support something that would lead to women being put in danger. It seemed to be something that was more a GREEN party priority than an SNP one. But as SNP rely on them for the indy vote and is the reason why they are in government they have to take policies that they wouldn't necessarily go for

You do realise that the term "feminist" has been hijacked in this debate by a group of individuals who are anything but feminists.

The argument over women spaces is nonsense because rapists don't need a fucking bit of paper to rape.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

As has Gus. Was he not the brainchild of the Westminster campaign in 2017 when he lost his own seat? 

If you're going for Robertson you'd be as well going for Swinney who has more name recognition. The outcome would be the same though - continuity. 

Someone with fresh ideas and an ability to change course is what's required. I'm not sure who that is tbh. I just know it's not Robertson.

Stephen Flynn said today it would be someone from the holyrood group most of the newer faces are at westminster so its unlikely anyone other than Forbes is probably the freshest big name as holyrood

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You do realise that the term "feminist" has been hijacked in this debate by a group of individuals who are anything but feminists.

The argument over women spaces is nonsense because rapists don't need a fucking bit of paper to rape.

If he was locked in a mens prison for 10 years he wasn't going to rape. If hes in a womens prison for 10 years then Likelyhood was he would rape. That is the point.

Im still waiting for your answer if you would stick up for this motion as much if it was a Labour or liberal democrats proposal

Just now, alan862 said:

That was given a referendum same as Scottish independence was. Had Brexit vote had been won by Remain then I wouldn't expect it to rear its head for a good long while so not exactly the same is it?

Actually, it was the second vote on EU membership, which was conducted on a democratic mandate to hold one and on the basis that the EU had significantly changed since the last one.

The Scottish government won a mandate to hold a referendum on the UK as it won a democratic mandate and the UK has significantly changed since the last one.

But the UK isn’t a union - it’s a state - and thus is free to have these double standards (just as Scots are free to welcome them and reject Scottish democracy in favour of being ruled as a powerless region).

16 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I was about to say the same.

A campaign built on lies and half truths.

We dont even need to make up lies if we go in harder.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

4 minutes ago, alan862 said:

If he was locked in a mens prison for 10 years he wasn't going to rape. If hes in a womens prison for 10 years then Likelyhood was he would rape. That is the point.

Im still waiting for your answer if you would stick up for this motion as much if it was a Labour or liberal democrats proposal

Prison rape famously never happens in men’s prisons. 

Just now, Antlion said:

Actually, it was the second vote on EU membership, which was conducted on a democratic mandate to hold one and on the basis that the EU had significantly changed since the last one.

The Scottish government won a mandate to hold a referendum on the UK as it won a democratic mandate and the UK has significantly changed since the last one.

But the UK isn’t a union - it’s a state - and thus is free to have these double standards (just as Scots are free to welcome them and reject Scottish democracy in favour of being ruled as a powerless region).

We are entitled to have different beliefs Im sure we are still allowed that.

IF you are arguing its the 2nd vote on eu Membership if u are talking about the vote in the 70s then you could include the vote in the 70s regarding scottish future and the vote on devolution in the 90s. Plus the EU votes happened 40 yrs apart not 6 years

There is no mandate in my opinion, and you can have a different opinion on this if you want. They may have the most seats but they don't have most of the vote. IF SNP had over 50% of the vote plus the greens and the odd labour voter would be in favour you could really say it could happen. Currently you don't have enough support for it.

2 hours ago, alan862 said:

Well put it this way tories pay my energy bill snp tax me 21% for daring to work over time.

Well, there are nonsensical claims all over P'n'B, but these two deserve further analysis.

1) Is Alan's energy bill only £400 per year? The taxpayer (not the "Tories") are only providing a maximum of 6 months assistance with energy costs at just under £67 per month. Given that some energy companies are making record profits and that Scotland is an energy rich country that actually exports energy products, should be not be questioning the Tories energy policies rather than claiming a minimal £400 payment as a union benefit?

2) If Alan is taxed at 21% on his overtime in Scotland, he would be taxed at 20% on the same earnings in England, but would not get the 19% rate on earnings between roughly £12500-£15000 (depending on his personal allowance). Effectively, the differences will amount to an average of less than a penny for every pound of overtime he earns.

However, many Scottish Government policies mitigate charges that rUK citizens must pay (prescriptions, bedroom tax, higher council tax etc), so the minimal increase in taxation is offset by these additional benefits in many cases.

Alan reminds me of previous Yoon posters on here -all soundbite & no substance.

Edited by lichtgilphead
Autocorrect soundbite to soundboard

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

A campaign built on lues and half truths.

There wasn't many half trues it was all dog shit the difference is they had enough people gullable enough to believe it.

I didn't want brexit but I put being part of Britain above being in EU.

48 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

A campaign built on lues and half truths.

We just need a bigger bus.

I really can’t believe the shamelessness of people who back Brexit Britain - a directionless state built now on absolute lies, fantasies, and xenophobia - thinking they have any purchase on demanding firm and clear answers about Scotland’s independent future.

It’s a bit like someone lost in a blizzard on Ben Macdui demanding to know where exactly Mountain Rescue plans on taking them before they’ll get in the chopper.

Edited by Antlion

25 minutes ago, alan862 said:

You do realise men get raped in prison?

Even without GRR trans prisoners end up in prisons different from their birth gender.  That's not just true for Scottish prisons but UK prisons as well.

Every Lib Dem backed the bill and Labour whipped their MSPs to vote for the Bill - as did 3 Tories.  This is ultimately the Scottish Parliament's bill.

And personally I couldn't give a flyng f**k who introduced it - it was the right thing to do.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 minutes ago, alan862 said:

There is no mandate in my opinion, and you can have a different opinion on this if you want. They may have the most seats but they don't have most of the vote. IF SNP had over 50% of the vote plus the greens and the odd labour voter would be in favour you could really say it could happen. Currently you don't have enough support for it.

This isn’t a matter of opinion. You might not like it but a majority of Scots voted to ask a question we’ve never been asked: do you want to be part of Brexit Britain. The combined SNP and Greens were over 50%.

There is inarguably a mandate. But there isn’t democracy bearing it out, because the UK is not a union.

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

Well, there are nonsensical claims all over P'n'B, but these two deserve further analysis.

1) Is Alan's energy bill only £400 per year? The taxpayer (not the "Tories") are only providing a maximum of 6 months assistance with energy costs at just under £67 per month. Given that some energy companies are making record profits and that Scotland is an energy rich country that actually exports energy products, should be not be questioning the Tories energy policies rather than claiming a minimal £400 payment as a union benefit?

2) If Alan is taxed at 21% on his overtime in Scotland, he would be taxed at 20% on the same earnings in England, but would not get the 19% rate on earnings between roughly £12500-£15000 (depending on his personal allowance). Effectively, the differences will amount to an average of less than a penny for every pound of overtime he earns.

However, many Scottish Government policies mitigate charges that rUK citizens must pay (prescriptions, bedroom tax, higher council tax etc), so the minimal increase in taxation is offset by these additional benefits in many cases.

Alan reminds me of previous Yoon posters on here -all soundboard & no substance.

My energy bill comes out at about £67 a month roughly so covers most of this. Im only in effect paying my gas bill while storing credit up on my electric bill.

My electic useage is around 70kw a month. I live on my own and luckily have more efficient white goods as I was using 100kw a month in my previous home.

My gas useage between april and november is about 7kw as I dont have heating on at all. So only goes above that december - march

2 hours ago, alan862 said:

Nope because its the nationalists way to insult as soon as there is someone who disagrees.

44 minutes ago, alan862 said:

not as deluded as you. You have replied twice and offered nothing.

49 minutes ago, alan862 said:

well you must be stupid then. Not got a mortgage?

42 minutes ago, alan862 said:

Can't talk to people on here. I didn't defend him I just didn't like the vigilante stance and Herd mentality which explains a lot judgiing by whats said on here. enjoy

35 minutes ago, alan862 said:

. Usual negativity from nationalist. Enjoy your politics forum you will be able to say 100% of people are for independence because we stamp our feet and disagree

marvellous-ron-manager.gif.6be22103f1dce0909d98ce90245be797.gif