The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

No Independence because of a post on a football forum.

Interesting take.

Nope because its the nationalists way to insult as soon as there is someone who disagrees.

Road to indy would be through positivity and convincing people and I'm yet to see any rational debate on it. 95% from both sides is mud slinging and not facts. I mean real facts not made up by nationalists that actually don't take everything into account

2 minutes ago, alan862 said:

Nope because its the nationalists way to insult as soon as there is someone who disagrees.

Road to indy would be through positivity and convincing people and I'm yet to see any rational debate on it. 95% from both sides is mud slinging and not facts. I mean real facts not made up by nationalists that actually don't take everything into account

So what exactly is it about the Union you like so much?

3 minutes ago, alan862 said:

Unionist taking everything as  an insult.

Interesting take. 

2 minutes ago, renton said:

So what exactly is it about the Union you like so much?

Well put it this way tories pay my energy bill snp tax me 21% for daring to work over time.

The union gives you more security as dispite nationalists not wanting to see it 4 can borrow more than 1. I believe we get more than we put in. Blah blah don't need to hear ur claims on that.

Splitting wouldn't be as simple as nationalists make out. Like any divorce, like brexit boris had to sell the fisherman down the river.

Scexit is just another brexit and won't bring any benefit to ordinary people it wi be the same you didn't do it right that's not what I voted for blah blah blah

15 minutes ago, alan862 said:

Not really gender reform needed to happen but not the way the snps or as I really think it's the greens powerplay. Wouldn't surprise me if sturgeon, with being a feminist, being fully behind it in the form that was presented.

There's more than just that but telling you life works in circles it's exactly the same thing that happened to labour, unless they get someone as charismatic as nicola then snp will crumble it may take 10 years but nicola leaving the leadership role is a major blow to indy as I said a lot of the average punters vote based on her and now its not going to be her

There are academics who argue convincingly that what was done to the people of Iraq by USA (with UK support) amounted to genocide. First with the sanctions then with the direct military violence. There was a significant lag but Blair's enthusiastic support of such imperial brutality slowly came to be realised by many Labour voters. I think these voters were due to stop voting "New" Labour for this reason and perhaps all the more had Blair ran again rather than Brown.

The Holyrood gender bill will've served to further entrench the opposition of social conservatives. Yet such voters, I imagine, were never viewed as reachable by the independence movement anyway.

Just now, ScotiaNostra said:

One way for indy to move forward is to be less hostile to unionists, leave the hostility to them. We will reach far more potential unionists/undecided by not engaging in that, or lumping them all as one unthinking group

I'm a unionist but that's exactly my point but the problem with most of your supporters and even a lot of your politicians it's hostility.

Blackford giving it the people of Scotland every 2 mins did nothing for your case.

Just now, FreedomFarter said:

There are academics who argue convincingly that what was done to the people of Iraq by USA (with UK support) amounted to genocide. First with the sanctions then with the direct military violence. There was a significant lag but Blair's enthusiastic support of such imperial brutality slowly came to be realised by many Labour voters. I think these voters were due to stop voting "New" Labour for this reason and perhaps all the more had Blair ran again rather than Brown.

The Holyrood gender bill will've served to further entrench the opposition of social conservatives. Yet such voters, I imagine, were never viewed as reachable by the independence movement anyway.

There's quite a lot of indy supporters against it as well though. Supporters left snp a lot of feminist groups who would be up their with nicola turned against her

11 minutes ago, alan862 said:

Well put it this way tories pay my energy bill snp tax me 21% for daring to work over time.

The union gives you more security as dispite nationalists not wanting to see it 4 can borrow more than 1. I believe we get more than we put in. Blah blah don't need to hear ur claims on that.

Splitting wouldn't be as simple as nationalists make out. Like any divorce, like brexit boris had to sell the fisherman down the river.

Scexit is just another brexit and won't bring any benefit to ordinary people it wi be the same you didn't do it right that's not what I voted for blah blah blah

I really don't think you've carried out any research into the independence debate. So many wrongs in this post. Still, union, blah blah blah.

3 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I really don't think you've carried out any research into the independence debate. So many wrongs in this post. Still, union, blah blah blah.

I think you will find I have researched it. As I said you read yhe beano with made up facts not open minded. Grass is greener

12 minutes ago, alan862 said:

I think you will find I have researched it. 

Then maybe you'll explain this bit, as I'm not sure what you mean

33 minutes ago, alan862 said:

The union gives you more security as dispite nationalists not wanting to see it 4 can borrow more than 1.

33 minutes ago, alan862 said:

I'm a unionist but that's exactly my point but the problem with most of your supporters and even a lot of your politicians it's hostility.

Blackford giving it the people of Scotland every 2 mins did nothing for your case.

Funny kind of “unionist” who is right behind the anti-union Brexit Britain. You’re no more a “unionist” and the Section 35-wielding UK is no more a union than fly in the air.

You’re a UK nationalist. Own it.