The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its a political ideology. 

I know that an overly large % of Scots are infantilised wrecks when it comes to Toooaaaaries but it isn't.  It's a political party

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It does. 

No.  'Scotland' doesn't vote for anyone in WM.  This is so ABC that I'm amazed you're trying to defend it.

6 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

It's funny how differently we all view politicians. For me, of all the politicians in Scotland I can't see anyone who seems more unlikeable, smug, arrogant and poor at public speaking than Sarwar. Doesn't even come over as sincere when parroting head office releases. 

Maree Todd - minister in the NatWit Administration - and voted for by cretins who think the best thing to improve Scotland is an international border between Eyemouth and Berwick - enters the chat:

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Maree Todd - minister in the NatWit Administration - and voted for by cretins who think the best thing to improve Scotland is an international border between Eyemouth and Berwick - enters the chat:

You you support a government and state that insists on bisecting Ireland with an international border. It’s almost like you’re the “cretin”.

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know that an overly large % of Scots are infantilised wrecks when it comes to Toooaaaaries but it isn't.  It's a political party

No.  'Scotland' doesn't vote for anyone in WM.  This is so ABC that I'm amazed you're trying to defend it.

Conservatism is a political ideology, this isnt a contentious point, its an actual fact, one acknowledged by the Conservative party themselves. 

Scotland is a distinct entity in Westminster, if it’s not then why do we have EVEL? Failing miserably, go have a gin. 

Scottish Labour deputy leader Jackie Baillie described the new cabinet team as "dismal" and said it "cements the SNP's new status as a deeply divided party led by B-rate politicians".

O wad some Power the giftie gie us / To see oursels as ithers see us!

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Conservatism is a political ideology

'Tory' is a political party.  Has been for yonks.  No notion why you're even trying to contend this.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

why do we have EVEL?

We don't.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

go have a gin. 

Cheers.  Your shout?  Oh no...I'll have to subsidise you, as per...

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yup.  Exactly this - which was my entire point.  I was replying to @Crùbagwho said, "all these sectors are shitter in other parts of the UK." when they patently aren't.

One simply can not draw a line across Britain and say "above the line is better than below the line so we need an international border to keep the two apart".

After 300+ years of being one nation - where social attitudes surveys see almost no difference between north and south and when we have many hundreds of thousands of Scots living in England and VV - you belong to a political movement that wants to manufacture differences to the extent of creating a new nation.  The Scotland, even.

It's absolute nonsense and scandalous that a man of your wit and awareness has bought this snake oil.

What a word salad.

As to drawing lines - they are drawn and redrawn when the need arises. Look at Ireland, the EU, Germany and the Balkans. We've been a proactive and friendly European nation for most of our history. We should be again.

As to services, the Scottish NHS is apparently the best performing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38853700

Sure, it could be better but it's pertinent to reply to Labour and Tory when they complain about ScotGov 'mismanagment', 'if you could do better then why aren't you in Wales and England?'. Ditto for transport and education. Equally we could look to small similar nations such as Denmark and Finland and see how better managed all these services are there.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Cheers.  Your shout?  Oh no...I'll have to subsidise you, as per...

I really doubt the pittance raked in from washing glasses in a golf club bar is contributing much in the way of taxation.

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

What a word salad.

As to drawing lines - they are drawn and redrawn when the need arises. Look at Ireland, the EU, Germany and the Balkans. We've been a proactive and friendly European nation for most of our history. We should be again.

I wouldn’t go there. Aside from supporting a state that arbitrarily drew an international border across Ireland, the only time he’s capable of even acknowledging the country’s existence is when he occasionally demands the Irish be forcefully repatriated under UK rule. That’s the extremist mentality you’re dealing with, I’m afraid. It would make Johnson and Farage balk.

24 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

😂 oh dear. Tory isn’t a political party dum dum. The Conservatives are a political party. Toryism is based on traditional British conservatism and of course is a social attitude.  

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

😂 oh dear. Tory isn’t a political party dum dum. The Conservatives are a political party. Toryism is based on traditional British conservatism and of course is a social attitude.  

Who the f**k said that?  It certainly wasn't me.

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Border, 'Scotland', Eyemouth, a political party isn't ideological, Scotland doesn't vote for anyone at WM. 

malcolm-tucker-fucking-fuck-me.gif.91311bdc03c87700cb050ba8dbd95928.gif

It’s almost like he’s not the well-rounded success story he makes out. I mean, do middle-aged success stories, surrounded by loving successful friends and terribly successful families, resort to this:

11924906-421F-4A6C-80A7-C0735C8CAB5A.gif

4 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I wouldn’t go there. Aside from supporting a state that arbitrarily drew an international border across Ireland, the only time he’s capable of even acknowledging the country’s existence is when he occasionally demands the Irish be forcefully repatriated under UK rule. That’s the extremist mentality you’re dealing with, I’m afraid. It would make Johnson and Farage balk.

Am reminded of Boyle's observation that Unionists believe that two nations sharing the same island should be united, unless it's in Ireland.

Just now, Crùbag said:

Am reminded of Boyle's observation that Unionists believe that two nations sharing the same island should be united, unless it's in Ireland.

The UK Nat fruitloop contingent seem to prefer Ireland not to be spoken of at all. Like Brexit, it kind of makes a mockery of their vote no borders schtick.

Borders are apparently good (and ideally policed by machine guns primed to fire on immigrants) if the UK draws and controls them.