The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

I thought he did fine, he's just got to learn to brush off Ross while remaining calm, shouting back at him with personal barbs makes him look nearly as weak as him. . And Sturgeon was constantly referring to her notes btw, Yusaf didn't have a lot of time to prepare for this.

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

3 interruptions today in the first 6 minutes of FMQs.

Whomever is screening the public gallery entrants isn't doing a very good job.

Back when it was the GC lot they are known to the admins, they were kb'd every single time they applied for tickets in their own names because of prior behaviour inside the building, so Tory MSP's booked gallery seats as a block for "guests" and handed them the tickets. Doubt anyone actually wants the ecomentalists in there, but i wouldn't put it past the Greens

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

It's "almost" like the unionists on here want him to fail.

Just a feeling I have.

😂 

I think the media, unionists, and others who want him to fail might be better directing their criticism to the really poor questions being asked by the opposition. New boy in the job for a day could have been put under real pressure but it was yet another Dross own goal allowing Yousaf to stress independence plus Sarwar harking back to Humza's time in Health and using a single example (tragic though it is) seemed very tame. It allowed FM to try and talk about the 'big picture' and not just one aspect of his remit. Overall I'd say he 'won' that one. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I thought he did fine, he's just got to learn to brush off Ross while remaining calm, shouting back at him with personal barbs makes him look nearly as weak as him. . And Sturgeon was constantly referring to her notes btw, Yusaf didn't have a lot of time to prepare for this.

At least he never said he couldn't recollect. That's an improvement on NS.

I see Yousaf is not too pleased with Allan Dorrans voting with the Tories to limit Margaret Ferrier’s recommended suspension to 9 days.  Fortunately he was on the losing side.

I’m assuming the Dorrans’ guy is not the sharpest tool in the box.

42 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I see Yousaf is not too pleased with Allan Dorrans voting with the Tories to limit Margaret Ferrier’s recommended suspension to 9 days.  Fortunately he was on the losing side.

I’m assuming the Dorrans’ guy is not the sharpest tool in the box.

Isn't this all about the Tories trying to avoid a by-election in BoJo's Uxbridge seat?

Hard to figure out what was on Dorran's mind.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Isn't this all about the Tories trying to avoid a by-election in BoJo's Uxbridge seat?

Hard to figure out what was on Dorran's mind.

Not very much by what I've seen and heard of him.

He could be very easily mistaken for one of those remarkably underwhelming urban labour types that were so wearingly returned for so long.

Tommy Graham was the archetype of the genre and the lesson from history is there for all to see.

img.jpeg

On 29/03/2023 at 18:53, Crùbag said:

What a word salad.

As to drawing lines - they are drawn and redrawn when the need arises. Look at Ireland, the EU, Germany and the Balkans. We've been a proactive and friendly European nation for most of our history. We should be again.

As to services, the Scottish NHS is apparently the best performing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38853700

Sure, it could be better but it's pertinent to reply to Labour and Tory when they complain about ScotGov 'mismanagment', 'if you could do better then why aren't you in Wales and England?'. Ditto for transport and education. Equally we could look to small similar nations such as Denmark and Finland and see how better managed all these services are there.

6 years ago.  That isn't the case any longer.

Has he not noticed that the bulk of the comments decrying the sight of a Muslim family observing their religion inside Bute House are coming from the usual folk with Union Flags, Rangers crests etc in their bios?

I mean, it's the same 'SNPbad' lot every single time it's something SNP-related, but it's one thing to claim Scotland only puts up a veneer of being a tolerant nation, another thing to sleekitly hint at that when its people who are invariably your own voters you are implying are racist, intolerant fuckwits.

I know Murdo is a moron, but surely he can see the enormous self-own here?

Edited by Boo Khaki

15 hours ago, Leith Green said:

No sure if anyone saw this yesterday, but Murdo Fraser is a genuinely horrible kunt

Some of the comments from his tory loyalists are a real hoot. Playing the "trans and gay community wouldn't be welcome in his mosque" card. While they actively continue to back a party that went through the courts to block trans rights and would have kept same sex marriage illegal forever if they could have got away with it.

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Has he not noticed that the bulk of the comments decrying the sight of a Muslim family observing their religion inside Bute House are coming from the usual folk with Union Flags, Rangers crests etc in their bios?

I mean, it's the same 'SNPbad' lot every single time it's something SNP-related, but it's one thing to claim Scotland only puts up a veneer of being a tolerant nation, another thing to sleekitly hint at that when its people who are invariably your own voters you are implying are racist, intolerant fuckwits.

I know Murdo is a moron, but surely he can see the enormous self-own here?

They're quick to preach about gay and trans rights when they think they're getting some kind of "win" over the SNP, but are equally as quick to vote for the party that has historically stood in the way of the rights of these very people. Absolute scum of the earth.

15 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This is a perfect example the type of person Murdo Fraser appeals to. Click on his bio for the full Rangers Da bingo.

Two more of his beezers here - 

Yousaf's first FMQs wasn't as bad as some make out.

His initial Independence rant completely ignored the question put to him, and this was obvious to all, especially when it was subsequently pointed out by Ross.

Sturgeon would have probably handled this by turning it back on the Tories in some way.. a good deflection tactic.

Other than using a different tactic there, much of his handling was very Sturgeonesque.

He got better as time went on though, and I feel that'll continue, but he'll never be as good as Sturgeon in terms of speaking/debating/answering questions.