Livi v The Rangers

3 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

Seems to be a response to Beale’s comments in the Partick game about upholding standards in relation to sportsmanship. A rare moment of good press for Rangers as a club and the Union Bears do their best to shit on it. One of many cringey banners on show today. 

You have to laugh sometimes. 

I forced myself to begrudgingly admit admiration for that act against partick. Not that it was the most amazing thing ever, just the right thing to do but nonetheless no one forced them to do it. 

But the rangers fans never let you down…a brief moment of virtue and they are absolutely fuming about it. 

Just now, Jinky67 said:

As a banner is no longer enough, that belongs on a full stand tifo 😂

Banner or TIFO I expect it to be mentioned. They UB have Teed the GB up with that. 
I expect a funny reply, something relating to the difference in expected standards. You have set the bar at 21 and they accept 2. Maybe a TIFO where the 2 in 11 is up there and a ‘1’ drops down after the 2 to show the levels between you both. 

Relatively good performance and never seemed to be in much bother. Not seen the penalty incident back yet but I had no idea what was being checked, another issue with VAR.

The big worry is what’s up with Tillman. Really need him back for next week.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Relatively good performance and never seemed to be in much bother. Not seen the penalty incident back yet but I had no idea what was being checked, another issue with VAR.

The big worry is what’s up with Tillman. Really need him back for next week.

I think you've more to worry about than that, if you think that was a good performance you're kidding yourself too. Never looked like scoring against us till the 2 dodgy decisions from VAR and the REF. The 3rd was after the game was won and flattered the result.

Penrice missed a very good chance shortly after Rangers went ahead. Stephen Kelly missed a more difficult but good chance at 65 minutes with the score still 1-0. Then right as we were gearing up to make a concerted push for an equaliser and Guthrie had come on - suggesting a change to a more direct, aerial build up was coming - we got a man sent off. So a draw could've been earned with that performance, it wasn't bad.

First half was defensively solid, except for Penrice's penalty concession. In possession we were poor, too uptight. The expectation was probably for Rangers to aggressively press yet they didn't. After taking the lead, they sat off, probably trying to draw our defence out then hit us fast in transition. This resulted in Omeonga, Sean Kelly and Pittman having more time on the ball than they will've been expecting but none took on playmaking responsibility. Penrice and Devlin were our best attacking outlets.

Second half we stepped our defensive line right up in a bid to try and impose ourselves on the game a bit more. It meant Rangers could get in behind, fantastic save from George when Kent was clean through. Bahamboula could've been a good sub second half, him and Devlin down the right.

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think you've more to worry about than that, if you think that was a good performance you're kidding yourself too. Never looked like scoring against us till the 2 dodgy decisions from VAR and the REF. The 3rd was after the game was won and flattered the result.

I said relatively good. If you take into account that Livi is a notoriously difficult place to go to, we struggled there on the opening day and Martindale seems to have sussed us a bit (as evidenced by your performance at Ibrox earlier in the season) then I’d say it’s a good performance, aye.

I also think I you’re trying too hard to paint the penalty decision as a massive issue.

15 hours ago, hoobahabba said:

I think Holt should have started instead of Bradley who was ineffective for most of his time on the pitch.

My take on Bradley is that he's great when the team is looking to play on the counter with fast, direct attacks. Away to County and St Johnstone last month he was brilliant. He's been less effective so far when we're playing against a block defence, where a team is keeping their shape rather than pressing so he's always faced by multiple defenders in front of him. The tempo is slower and our build up has to be more methodical in those instances and that doesn't suit his current skill set as well. This is why he's looked a better player in away matches than home matches so far.

Bahamboula is the opposite, funnily. He's less use when we're trying to play fast counter attacks as he slows thing down. Yet against a block defence in a slower tempo match he's comfortable and very capable at dribbling past opponents. He can also cross well from the right while Bradley needs to improve his right footed crossing. We could do with Bahamboula coming back into the first team picture, not just as an alternative to Bradley but also as an option for the left so Stephen Kelly can instead be played centrally. As tidy in possession as Pittman and Omeonga both are, neither offer the creative passing Stephen Kelly does. 

Edited by FreedomFarter

It's a penalty anyway you look at it. What is the defender thinking?!

Also, from the video I've seen, Omeonga is sent off for his reaction. The referee awards the free kick (correctly) and then Omeinga throws his arms about petulant and is carded for it. He then continues to do so whilst walking off the pitch. Only himself to blame.

16 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

You have to laugh sometimes. 

I forced myself to begrudgingly admit admiration for that act against partick. Not that it was the most amazing thing ever, just the right thing to do but nonetheless no one forced them to do it. 

But the rangers fans never let you down…a brief moment of virtue and they are absolutely fuming about it. 

These wee ned arseholes don't represent the support, only themselves. 

Total and utter embarrassment to the club. 

They seem to think they're the Rangers equivalent of the GB. And from what I've seen they're very similar. 

Loud twats who think they're entitled to have a say. 

The sooner they get passed puberty the better. 

4 hours ago, AJF said:

I said relatively good. If you take into account that Livi is a notoriously difficult place to go to, we struggled there on the opening day and Martindale seems to have sussed us a bit (as evidenced by your performance at Ibrox earlier in the season) then I’d say it’s a good performance, aye.

I also think I you’re trying too hard to paint the penalty decision as a massive issue.

To be fair, the penalty decision is a massive issue. If it's not given the game likely goes in 0-0 at half time and we can continue the game plan. 

I think it's a pretty bad decision, it's not a clear and obvious error from the ref. VAR is picking at very small things. Personally I don't think it's even a penalty, he doesn't change Morelos' momentum or pull/push him anywhere. 

I don't think you'd see any team outside Rangers and Celtic have that given as a penalty. It makes you question if refs are specifically looking for reasons to give either team a penalty.

Edited by ATLIS