Livi v The Rangers

Thought 3-0 flattered us today and Livi had some good chances at 1-0 to get an equaliser. Still, a deserved victory in the end and sets us up nicely for next week.

How the challenge on Kent was not given as a penalty is baffling, especially with VAR.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I thought Omeonga was unlucky with the second yellow. 

Looked like he got the 2nd booking for dissent rather than the challenge itself?

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I thought Omeonga was unlucky with the second yellow. 

I think he got his second yellow for his reaction to the free kick. It originally looked like he wasn't going to get booked but he starts shouting and waving his arms around and  the referee seemed to change his mind.

18 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Thought 3-0 flattered us today and Livi had some good chances at 1-0 to get an equaliser. Still, a deserved victory in the end and sets us up nicely for next week.

How the challenge on Kent was not given as a penalty is baffling, especially with VAR.

Looked like he got the 2nd booking for dissent rather than the challenge itself?

Because it was offside? The linesman had his flag up before the tackle went in

Happened in front of where I sit and the ref "went to his pocket" as soon as he awarded the foul. There was a slight delay in brandishing the cards but he reached for them immediately. Which doesn't suggest it was for dissent.

Usual caveat; I could easily have this wrong so we'll need to check match report and TV highlights for confirmation.

2 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Awful from us with the exception of about 15 minutes. Glad I wasn't watching last week's garbage on top of today or I'd be seriously depressed.

I thought we did okay after the first ten minutes until Martindale started to make some really strange substitutions.

I still dont know what Shinnie brings to the party; he undoubtedly has some skill but most of the time he was coasting around looking like he was unsure of what his true position; running around at right back filling in for the missing Nicky Devlin.

Wht Martindale left Omeonga on the field for so long when pretty much anyone could see him picking up a second yellow some time during the proceedings.

Holt for Bradly mean that we lost a large degree of the attack up the right; surely if Bradley was struggling then a better replacement would have been Bohamboula; least-ways we retain some shape.

On the plus side I though Obileye had his best game for us for some time.

Just came on to see if anyone could enlighten me on wtf those 2 major decisions were all about, mate showed me a vid on his phone on the shirt pull by Penrice on Morelos and i said seriously, that what the pen was for, a fucking joke. Omeonga's red was even worse, saw it clear as day Rooofe putting his legs together and going down like a tree being felled, looking for the foul, well done the ref falling for it. Cracking goal by Tavernier from the free kick, but it should never have been given. Game was a bogey for us after that. As much as Sevco dominated play, they needed 2 dodgy decisions to win the game, weren't convincing at all in open play till they went 2 goals up with assists from the officials.

We're always against it in these games, feeding off scraps, at 0-0 and even 1-0 i thought we were doing ok, and in with a chance of getting something, 2-0 it was game over. Decent pay day with corporate sold out and 3 stands fully sold too, and onto Aberdeen we go.

I think that it’d be hard to say that rangers didn’t deserve to win on the balance of play. However, it’s still hard to take when they are given a hand by the officials. Both bookings for Omeonga soft as shit.

We looked like we were getting into the game in the second half. I think Holt should have started instead of Bradley who was ineffective for most of his time on the pitch. I felt sorry for Omeonga. He put in an incredible shift prior to his unfair dismissal and looked rightly frustrated as he came off the park. Not a bad performance overall and hopefully we can take something against Aberdeen. 

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Context for the banner? Have they been regularly voicing their displeasure?

Seems to be a response to Beale’s comments in the Partick game about upholding standards in relation to sportsmanship. A rare moment of good press for Rangers as a club and the Union Bears do their best to shit on it. One of many cringey banners on show today.