Celtic V Aberdeen

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No it was quite the perfect, relaxing and enjoyable afternoon that I had hoped for after the week I’ve had. I couldn’t really ask for much more, some nicer weather perhaps 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for playing your part with your posts today they have been quite something however I’m not sure the Joseph Goebbells illusory truth effect method is working for you. You need a different approach imo 

I mean, the fact you like your football as a foregone conclusion, stroll in the park says slot about you buddy. 

43 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

It really is grim at the moment. Its getting back to the days of Advocaat and O'Neill when they were both capable of getting 100 points in a season. Celtic are averaging more than 3 goals a game, whats the fucking point. 

Unfortunately Advocaat and O’Neill had good players.

The likes of Mooy and Cantwell are fucking shite.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I mean, the fact you like your football as a foregone conclusion, stroll in the park says slot about you buddy. 

Everything in balance mate when Celtic aren’t playing on a Saturday I’m usually watching and supporting Wishaw FC especially if at home. Not many forgone conclusions there however a good result today for the lads 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Everything in balance mate when Celtic aren’t playing on a Saturday I’m usually watching and supporting Wishaw FC especially if at home. Not many forgone conclusions there however a good result today for the lads 

Good to know you do actually value competition in a sport. 

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Good to know you do actually value competition in a sport. 

Of course i do, I watch and still participate in a few even signed myself up to be back playing over 35’s this season for a laugh 🤣

But here is a hypothetical question for you. If by chance some oil rich billionaire bankrolled Aberdeen and you became the force in Scotland accumulating the majority of honours are you really telling me you would stop watching after lending your support for x how many years? 

I didn't think we could start much worse than we did on the opening day at Parkhead, so fair play to them for proving me wrong. It was basically a glorified training exercise from the first kick through to the last. I was just grateful that Celtic took their foot off the gas a bit, because you sense they could have easily added at least a couple more if they had really been in the mood. 

18 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Of course i do, I watch and still participate in a few even signed myself up to be back playing over 35’s this season for a laugh 🤣

But here is a hypothetical question for you. If by chance some oil rich billionaire bankrolled Aberdeen and you became the force in Scotland accumulating the majority of honours are you really telling me you would stop watching after lending your support for x how many years? 

I’ve never said you should stop watching, I’ve said that any objective view from a Celtic fan should have a deep concern about the state of our game. 

I can honestly say that if Aberdeen won let’s say 35 out of 38 league games, the majority of them in 2nd gear, then that would be absolutely shite. You might enjoy it for a year or two but Celtic are onto what, 11 in 12 years? Fucking hell man. 

I found the league cup group stages boring this season and that was after barely winning a game in the second half of last season. 

You and I both know the reality is if it weren’t for the erection Celtic fans get over beating rangers then this whole thing would be meaningless. 

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You and I both know the reality is if it weren’t for the erection Celtic fans get over beating rangers then this whole thing would be meaningless. 

Yet for 5 seasons we weren’t beating Rangers as they weren’t in it and it wasn’t meaningless to me then either. It probably wasn’t for you too especially for a couple of those seasons where you were pretty competitive

Edited by Jinky67

31 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yet for 5 seasons we weren’t beating Rangers as they weren’t in it and it wasn’t meaningless to me then either. It probably wasn’t for you too especially for a couple of those seasons where you were pretty competitive

That the 5 years that Celtic suffered a drastic drop in attendance, aye?

18 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

The drop was probably about the size of Aberdeens home attendances, which illustrates further the ridiculous gulf in this country.

I know what the drop was however with 45k + in regular attendance it clearly wasn’t meaningless 🤷‍♂️

People just wouldn’t pay that sort of money if they got no enjoyment from it

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Celtic regressed pretty much every season in that period, attendances down, upper deck often closed, downsizing the playing budget. 

And then, out of nowhere, crowds returned, investment returned, Brendan Rodger’s arrived. All a big, massive coincidence. 

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Celtic regressed pretty much every season in that period, attendances down, upper deck often closed, downsizing the playing budget. 

And then, out of nowhere, crowds returned, investment returned, Brendan Rodger’s arrived. All a big, massive coincidence. 

Interestingly Aberdeen were only 9 points behind us in BR’s 2nd season despite that increased investment so again I assume that wasn’t a meaningless season to you?

But your point was the games without Rangers are without meaning, the crowds were not far from what we were getting when we won the league in 98 so whilst a drop it doesn’t really stand up. 44/45k people aren’t turning up to games with no meaning, they are spending that money elsewhere

Edited by Jinky67

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Rearrange these words into a well known phrase or saying, “brick banging head against your wall a”.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Rearrange these words into a well known phrase or saying, “brick banging head against your wall a”.

Thing is joey, my issue isn’t actually with Celtic, or it’s players or manager. They are tasked with maximising the resources they have and in fairness they are doing a decent job of it. 

My issue is with a) the Scottish football authorities for not seeing any of this as a problem, b) our own club and all the other clubs for accepting this shite in exchange for the scraps from the table and c) fans of clubs who benefit from this garbage burying their head in the sand as to fellow football fans being absolutely rinsed by buying into a completely rigged competition. 

ETA - d) with myself for continuing to pay money and fund this farce 

Edited by Dons_1988