Fairytale Killers v Alloa

We played well in spells. Alloa were their usual direct selves under Rice but overall we coped with it much better. Still probably let too many high balls bounce but were much quicker in to the 50/50s and built from there. 

Having Donaldson back and Mackie in there helped as well - definitely the two you want in there when the opposition are intent on shelling it up in the air. Henderson was having a good battling game as well and when he went off I thought we might start to struggle but Kucheriavyi really impressed on his debut. Would throw him straight in next week if Henderson is injured.

Wright did ok, but I'd have had Burrell or Allan on before him in future. Some nice touches and a good finish for the offside goal, but no idea why he didnt throw himself at the cutback that dribbled along the 6 yard box. Burrell and Allan would score that every day of the week. Decent crowd at just over 4k 

The ref and his assistants were hilariously bad. As others have said they made a number of baffling decisions - on balance more against us. I dont think we've really had the run of the green all season, but the last few weeks have been proper comedy stuff. The QotS, Clyde and Edinburgh games recently would honestly have been better with someone blind in charge and I would file today under that category as well. I dont feel this is sour grapes either, as we won every one of these matches. 

All things considered a hard fought 3 points against a tricky opponent and 2 closer to Dunfermline which is a bonus. Another must win next week and hopefully keep chipping away at the gap

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Referee was feckin dreadful. Oliver got a good whack in the dish off Doyle which was at least a second yellow card but no instead both players are spoken to.  Foul against an alloa boy he kicks the ball away nothing. A minute later foul against Rowe who then kicks the ball away yellow carded for it. He missed fouls, gave fouls when there wasn't one constantly.  Just the usual complete incompetency we're used to.

35 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Being miked up means nothing really. We seen that when the ref pointed one way for a throw and the linesman pointed the other way. 

The ref was horrendous but thankfully didn't affect us winning.

Again, nonsense. 

1 hour ago, printer said:

I'm surprised at this from you. The usual morons I'd expect it from.

You really believe the ref gave a foul for an incident he didn't see on the basis he saw a player on the ground rolling about? You do know the ref is miked up to his assistants, who will bring his attention to incidents he misses?

I'm afraid so, yes, because the lino was running in the other direction following the ball. Possible I suppose that the stand side guy could have given it but unlikely as he was on his way to the half way line and would have been looking through a lot of players.

I get that there will be over-reaction from fans, but that's based on the appalling standard of refereeing that we've endured already this season. Some decisions have been absolutely laughably bad. 

I'm sure that you could point to a good few bad decisions given against Alloa this season? 

10 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Is it just me or lately the games seem to be going onto about a fortnight extra time, there is no way there was 5 mins extra time in that today

but would you complain if it was your team looking for an equaliser ? We are a fickle lot us Footy fans

20 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

30 secs x 6 subs=3 mins

30 secs booking=30 secs

the rest is up to the ref

I can understand 30 seconds per sub if they're made at separate times, however, a full minute when two are made at the same time is excessive. Maybe another 10 seconds, but no more surely?

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I can understand 30 seconds per sub if they're made at separate times, however, a full minute when two are made at the same time is excessive. Maybe another 10 seconds, but no more surely?

We actually made a double sub so i just said 6 to account for that,not sure where the other 90 secs came from.

That was a tough watch today but we probably deserved that in the end.

A good all round team performance though I thought PJ Morrison was a bit shaky, perhaps a hangover from his error at Darvel. Best for us were Kucheriavyi, Donaldson, McCann and Kennedy.  I'm not sure about Mathew Wright replacing Gary Oliver, didn't think that sub worked but given more game time might work out.

I thought Brian Rice had a reputation for playing 'proper' football? Any chance they could today, Alloa were launching high ball after high ball. Based on today I'm really glad we've never offered him a managerial job.

I'm not one for criticising officials as I know from experience how difficult a job it is but I thought Grant Irvine was inconsistent and picky all game. In his defence i'll say that like the players at this level, he'd be refereeing at a higher level if he was consistent. I kind of understand Rowe's yellow card for the shirt pulling but both players were at it so how he can pick one as being worse than the other is beyond me. He would regularly nitpick at where throw-ins were to be taken yet let Alloa steal a good 15 yards at a free kick in the second half. 

Does anybody know the idiot who left their car doors open and had to be told to return to the car before the game?

A good albeit hard working three points. Thought we were a bit under par today, but give Alloa credit, in our faces from kick off. As many have posted another very poor show by the official’s, missing blatant/simple decisions throughout. Morrison MOM by a country mile, gained some ground and onto next cup final.

Falkirk can count themselves very lucky not to have given away another penalty shortly before their goal.  It was the referee's most egregious error of the game and although I enjoyed the pantomime villain stuff from the Falkirk crowd - it wasn't really warranted when looking back at some of the decisions.

We just need a couple potent strikers but otherwise again competed well against Falkirk.

HIGHLIGHTS - https://youtu.be/akD4G4YVwyc - will work after 12. I better compete with Falkirk TV for the minute it takes to introduce a youtube premiere so no nice watch page embed.

MANAGER - https://youtu.be/GjDo130U1QU