🟠⚫️Dundee United v St Johnstone⚪️🔵 Saturday 18/02/23

3 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

From running about topless to walking to the exit within seconds

No need to to bring up my honeymoon night and ruin a good day.

Odd game all round - Utd weren't terrible (not Motherwell bad) and we seem to continue to play reasonably well despite, rather than because of our manger.

In his post-match radio CD conceded that we need to find ways to win at home ... maybe the penny starring to drop that back 4 at home rather than sitting off might be the way forward? Also despite some terrible signings and awful wastes of money, Phillips, Brown, McPherson, Clark and Montgomery were all excellent today and  Remi's a tremendous loan.

Having just watched Sportscene the highlight has to be Dylan Levitt's arrogant goal 'celebration' knowing what's coming in the next 90 seconds.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
Dunken spelling

33 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Davidson said in his post match interview on the radio that he was screaming at the players to get back. It’s hard to imagine we could have sat any deeper, it’s incredibly frustrating to watch. If you are intending to hang on for a one nil win though the perfect person to being on is definitely Graham Carey, ideal for the role. 

Joyous winning goal but little to be joyous about where Davidson is concerned. Apologies to the Stirling Albion fan. 

I get that bringing Carey on was to allow a change of shape, but Wotherspoon gives you the option of both and is probably better suited to the type of game he’d be coming on to. More likely to do and more effective at the defensive side and better at keeping possession. Given the way the game was, Davidson’s fetish for wingers playing on their weaker side wasn’t really necessary. Carey has his qualities, but I’d put coming on as a sub to see out a game pretty far down the list. 

As you say, ideal. Punching above our weight and all that. 

Edited by PSJ.84

18 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Still absolutely howling at Mark Birighitti. 

Levitt too.

This to the Saints support a minute before it happens, with a wee strut added in as if hes Cantona 😂

FpSSwdnaIAAC0Z8.thumb.jpeg.97d31b779aa7838f6b12377fe1f26ee5.jpeg

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Levitt too.

This to the Saints support a minute before it happens, with a wee strut added in as if hes Cantona 😂

FpSSwdnaIAAC0Z8.thumb.jpeg.97d31b779aa7838f6b12377fe1f26ee5.jpeg

You can get away with a celebration like that, if you’ve not hid away all season.

He'll claim his approach is justified if we're winning games and staying safe from relegation, whixmch i guess is fair enough.

With May in the form he his, and strong partnerships appearing all over the park, this season does feel like a missed opportunity though.

Was there anything raised about the winner here potentially being a foul? It’s a weird one for me, as anywhere else on the park if you slide in and take the ball and then wipe the man out with the follow through it’s almost certainly a free kick.

It’s an interesting one.

Still funny as f**k, right enough.

5 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Was there anything raised about the winner here potentially being a foul? It’s a weird one for me, as anywhere else on the park if you slide in and take the ball and then wipe the man out with the follow through it’s almost certainly a free kick.

It’s an interesting one.

It wasn't a kick in the arse from the Ryan Edwards red card against Hearts, but I think it would have been grossly unfair for the goalkeeper's ineptitude to have gone unpunished 

33 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

It’s an interesting one.

There was a big stoppage as the goalie was down injured but never any indication that VAR were looking at it.

Think the ball was in the net before he touches to keeper?

18 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

There was a big stoppage as the goalie was down injured but never any indication that VAR were looking at it.

Think the ball was in the net before he touches to keeper?

Clancy had his finger to his ear and took an age to go back to the centre circle tbf

Just now, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I’m not sure that makes any difference if he has in fact fouled the goalie.

I’ll be honest I had the fear waiting whilst the keeper was ‘treated’ thinking they might chalk it off.  Another argument against var as you can’t properly celebrate a late winner until you know for sure.

I’m glad that kind of goal is allowed to stand otherwise there’s no point in players running into challenge keepers.  

It’s still barely believable how casual that goalkeeper is, it’s incredible. At no point does he appear to recognise a threat and try to hurry.

27 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

If the goal is scored before the foul then goal would stand as ball would be out of play. Could have been a card but not a free kick.

Not necessarily true.

Marcus Fraser was sent off for us against Hearts earlier in the season when the referee had already awarded us a free kick. Fraser’s tackle went to a VAR check and he was given a red card and Hearts awarded a free kick, despite the fact a free kick had already been given to us and technically the ball was out of play.

I feel St Johnstone have been fortune here. I think it’s a foul and a free kick to United. But I’m well up for pointing and laughing at the United defence.

Top drawer stuff from Birighitti and Mulgrew.