🟠⚫️Dundee United v St Johnstone⚪️🔵 Saturday 18/02/23

1 minute ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Nothing about our approach to this game (and the last one against United) made any real sense. They’re clearly there to be got at, they’re dreadful at the back and struggle to create good chances. So why sit in and surrender possession for vast stretches of the game. When we did get the ball down and move it we looked dangerous. Surely it’s better to go out and try to kill the game off than let your opponents keep moving the ball around and launch set pieces into your box until one of them finally does something.

Luckily United are a mess. That winner is immediately one of my all time favourite Saints goals. Just pure comedy.

Would recommend sticking Alba on within the next 5 or so minutes

United have that innevitable feel about them this season. Similar to when they went down last time and like Dundee last season.

I can only assume Fox will get punted now? The team seems to lack any real direction or confidence. As Nelson Mandela once said, "don't judge Utd by success, just how comical their keepers are" 😉

42 minutes ago, Binos said:

Vital away win against relegation rival 

And above is all you can say 

What an awful support 

That's the point, we shouldn't be anywhere near them. If being able to spot underperformance makes me an awful supporter, I can't imagine what you'd call me when we're really shite. 

Anyway, I'm all for having reasoned debate on here, but until you show signs of being capable to do so, I'll leave you too it. 

12 minutes ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

That's the point, we shouldn't be anywhere near them. If being able to spot underperformance makes me an awful supporter, I can't imagine what you'd call me when we're really shite. 

Anyway, I'm all for having reasoned debate on here, but until you show signs of being capable to do so, I'll leave you too it. 

Why shouldn't you be anywhere near them

44 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Nothing about our approach to this game (and the last one against United) made any real sense. They’re clearly there to be got at, they’re dreadful at the back and struggle to create good chances. So why sit in and surrender possession for vast stretches of the game. When we did get the ball down and move it we looked dangerous. Surely it’s better to go out and try to kill the game off than let your opponents keep moving the ball around and launch set pieces into your box until one of them finally does something.

Luckily United are a mess. That winner is immediately one of my all time favourite Saints goals. Just pure comedy.

Davidson is all about defence.

4 minutes ago, Binos said:
Clubs 2022-23 Wage Bill    
Celtic £23.5m    

Rangers

£18m

Aberdeen 

£4m    
Hearts

£3.6m    
Hibs £4m    
Motherwell  £3m    
Dundee United  £3m    
St Mirren  £3m    
Kilmarnock £2.8m    
Ross County  £2.8m    
Livingston  £2.8m    
St johnstone  £2.5m

Total nonsense 

12 minutes ago, Binos said:
Clubs 2022-23 Wage Bill    
Celtic £23.5m    

Rangers

£18m

Aberdeen 

£4m    
Hearts

£3.6m    
Hibs £4m    
Motherwell  £3m    
Dundee United  £3m    
St Mirren  £3m    
Kilmarnock £2.8m    
Ross County  £2.8m    
Livingston  £2.8m    
St johnstone  £2.5m

🤣🤣🤣 where the f**k have you pulled that from 

29 minutes ago, Binos said:
Clubs 2022-23 Wage Bill    
Celtic £23.5m    

Rangers

£18m

Aberdeen 

£4m    
Hearts

£3.6m    
Hibs £4m    
Motherwell  £3m    
Dundee United  £3m    
St Mirren  £3m    
Kilmarnock £2.8m    
Ross County  £2.8m    
Livingston  £2.8m    
St johnstone  £2.5m

Excited Golden Retriever GIF by MOODMAN

6 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

https://www.sportspayouts.com/football/st-johnstone-players-salaries/

For those who’ve as much to do tonight as I do, that’s from the website that says we spend the least on wages in the league

50k to Dan Philips and 100k to James Brown. I'm sure. 

I also found this website, which is probably more accurate than Binos in that it's only 99% pish https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/st.-johnstone/

Davidson said in his post match interview on the radio that he was screaming at the players to get back. It’s hard to imagine we could have sat any deeper, it’s incredibly frustrating to watch. If you are intending to hang on for a one nil win though the perfect person to being on is definitely Graham Carey, ideal for the role. 

Joyous winning goal but little to be joyous about where Davidson is concerned. Apologies to the Stirling Albion fan. 

7 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Davidson said in his post match interview on the radio that he was screaming at the players to get back. It’s hard to imagine we could have sat any deeper, it’s incredibly frustrating to watch. If you are intending to hang on for a one nil win though the perfect person to being on is definitely Graham Carey, ideal for the role. 

Joyous winning goal but little to be joyous about where Davidson is concerned. Apologies to the Stirling Albion fan. 

Where we started.

1.png.70705026c8788d37819a114082ca4a4a.png

Where we ended

3.png.03f53b57e225e6c8b5f1414f0fe61b12.png