🟠⚫️Dundee United v St Johnstone⚪️🔵 Saturday 18/02/23

Credit to United for great pricing for this one; £19 adults and £8 concessions. Hopefully folk respond to encourage clubs to do it more often.

Decent Saints support coming through, over 1200 a few days ago.  Is there a reason Utd are not opening the lower tier of the fair play stand (at least they weren’t last I saw)?

Whilst maybe not as much a ‘must win’ for us as the trip to fir park a fortnight ago, a defeat still drags us back into the relegation fold as we’d only be 4 points above Utd with a long way to go. And our form is still 1 win and 8 defeats in the last 9 matches, so it’s time to turn the improved performances into points. 

Don’t try to over-complicate it Callum. If all are fit:

Matthews

Brown Gordon Mitchell Montgomery

Wright MacPherson Phillips Wotherspoon

May Clark

but Callum will more likely go 4-3-1-2 to get Hallberg off the front which is fair enough.

1 hour ago, K.T said:

Has Rudden featured much?

On the bench v Motherwell and didnt come on, with Callum Davidson saying he was terrified of making subs incase we blew a 2-0 lead.

Then about 10 minutes against Celtic when the game was done.

And thats the only games we've played since he joined.

Considine being suspended surely forces Davidson's hand that we can't go with three at the back for this?  Surely?  Be nice to see us go and attack the game but am nowhere near the point with this manager that am confident that will happen.  He'll likely see not losing as what to aim for.

Itll be the same as against Celtic.

Switch between a back 4/5 throughout the game. Its a bit annoying but its better than the permanent back 5 with 3 CBs camped in our own half.

Little victories etc.

In the latest instalment of Scottish clubs making things harder for fans than is absolutely necessary, United have been releasing tickets for this in blocks of about 40 tickets at a time. The last block made available sold out after 5pm today. No new tickets have been released, even though there are still several hundred in the block they’ve been selling from left. Hopefully they’ll reopen it tomorrow morning but it seems a bit of a nonsense to have no tickets on sale the night before the game when they are available.

As for the game, this is a big one for all concerned. Win and we’re well clear of 12th. Lose and we’re right back in it. We need a total turnaround from the last game against United, where we were completely passive and inevitably lost. That said, for all the ball they had United created very, very little.

Id go for:

Matthews

Wrighr MacPherson Phillips Wotherspoon

May Clark

If Clark isn’t fit then I’d imagine we’ll see Hallberg playing off May?

56 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Id go for:

Matthews

Wrighr MacPherson Phillips Wotherspoon

May Clark

If Clark isn’t fit then I’d imagine we’ll see Hallberg playing off May?

Much as I'd be happy to see that, has Davidson played Wright as an actual winger ever? Suspect it will be the 5 with all passable CBs pressed into service and only go to a 4 if there's an injury or if we're 2 down. Can't see him starting Spoony either, my gut feel is that he's away at the end of the season so will only get cameos from here on in.

I'm exoecting something along the lines of;

Remi
Wright  Brown Gordon Mitchell  Montgomery                
             McPherson   Phillips 
                          Hallberg 

Clark   May    

If Clark isn't avaiable my guess would be McLennan starting.

No idea how this one could go, no result would be a surprise TBH. Real test of Fox's ability to motivate a team as I think we should be up for it. On balance I think we'll nick it by a goal.

7 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Much as I'd be happy to see that, has Davidson played Wright as an actual winger ever? Suspect it will be the 5 with all passable CBs pressed into service and only go to a 4 if there's an injury or if we're 2 down. Can't see him starting Spoony either, my gut feel is that he's away at the end of the season so will only get cameos from here on in.

I'm exoecting something along the lines of;

Remi
Wright  Brown Gordon Mitchell  Montgomery                
             McPherson   Phillips 
                          Hallberg 

Clark   May    

If Clark isn't avaiable my guess would be McLennan starting.

No idea how this one could go, no result would be a surprise TBH. Real test of Fox's ability to motivate a team as I think we should be up for it. On balance I think we'll nick it by a goal.

Started both Rangers games with Wright more advanced and Brown behind him. Could probably throw that shitshow of a first half at Easter Road into the equation as well. 

I think the back five generally suits us a bit better away from home, but it’s a bit gubbed if we’ve no Considine. Fully expect to see the team you’ve gone for though

1 hour ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

In the latest instalment of Scottish clubs making things harder for fans than is absolutely necessary, United have been releasing tickets for this in blocks of about 40 tickets at a time. The last block made available sold out after 5pm today. No new tickets have been released, even though there are still several hundred in the block they’ve been selling from left. 

Was the same in October. The Fair Play was sold out by the Saturday morning and they didn't make any more tickets available despite whole Jerry Kerr lying empty.

They certainly aren't alone though and Saints do the block thing as well.

What on earth is wrong with just selling an unallocated ticket and opening up a big section to let folk sit where they like?

The most ridiculous one this season though was St Mirren. Was a minging night and they force folk to sit in the front few rows getting soaking wet whilst half the stand sits empty.

Usually the best part of £25 to get kettled about, treated like you are concealing Class A and given a shit view whilst better seats sit empty.

Scottish football, eh.

Just now, Radford said:

Was the same in October. The Fair Play was sold out by the Saturday morning and they didn't make any more tickets available despite whole Jerry Kerr lying empty.

They certainly aren't alone though and Saints do the block thing as well.

What on earth is wrong with just selling an unallocated ticket and opening up a big section to let folk sit where they like?

The most ridiculous one this season though was St Mirren. Was a minging night and they force folk to sit in the front few rows getting soaking wet whilst half the stand sits empty.

Usually the best part of £25 to get kettled about, treated like you are concealing Class A and given a shit view whilst better seats sit empty.

Scottish football, eh.

It’s like they look at what needs to be done to encourage people to attend, then do the opposite.