Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It won't be Regan, though she'll run just to keep the anti-GRR faction heard and try and pull the rest to the right on that. She's got little name recognition beyond stepping down over the GRR and shopping McGarry back in the day. Don't think she was too well thought of by local activist in Edin North...

Forbes seems well liked by Sturgeon who promoted her career a fair bit. Imagine she'd have to get a good answer quickly on how her religious beliefs would inform her decisions on women's reproductive rights, etc. Robertson also from the Sturgeon wing of the party, with a lot of WM and spokesperson experience behind him, but not necessarily tomorrow's man? He's the guy you get to the end of the season, not the one you give the 4 year contract to.

McAllan is pushing at being too young, and while having ministerial experience, is still fairly new to it all. No baggage though, personal or political.

Yousaf might be the compromise candidate, but wouldn't be my choice. He's got a lot of ministerial experience and has been around a fair while. Charismatic but not a careful speaker or thinker, a bit two feet in at times. Doesn't seem like he has the most guile.

28 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

Did Robertson not lose to Douglas Ross, surely that rules him out alone as a credible leader

Brexit North East in 2017. Didn't stand much of a chance tbh. Not a good look by any metric tbf though.

Edited by renton

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Forbes to declare a Free church theocracy. Play parks padlocked on a Sunday all over Scotland.

I'd advise her to listen to Jesus.

And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him. Mark 12:17

6 hours ago, renton said:

It won't be Regan, though she'll run just to keep the anti-GRR faction heard and try and pull the rest to the right on that. She's got little name recognition beyond stepping down over the GRR and shopping McGarry back in the day. Don't think she was too well thought of by local activist in Edin North...

Forbes seems well liked by Sturgeon who promoted her career a fair bit. Imagine she'd have to get a good answer quickly on how her religious beliefs would inform her decisions on women's reproductive rights, etc. Robertson also from the Sturgeon wing of the party, with a lot of WM and spokesperson experience behind him, but not necessarily tomorrow's man? He's the guy you get to the end of the season, not the one you give the 4 year contract to.

McAllan is pushing at being too young, and while having ministerial experience, is still fairly new to it all. No baggage though, personal or political.

Yousaf might be the compromise candidate, but wouldn't be my choice. He's got a lot of ministerial experience and has been around a fair while. Charismatic but not a careful speaker or thinker, a bit two feet in at times. Doesn't seem like he has the most guile.

Yousaf would be worse than Swinney.

7 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

It should be Forbes but I imagine some central belters are scared of the prospect of a Highlander taking over their party. Ash Regan is an MI5 op

I heard Ruth Wishart on R4 earlier voicing concerns about Kate Forbes being a member of the Free Church. Can you imagine the furore if a commentator voiced concerns about a potential candidate being a member of the Catholic Church. You would never hear the end of it. 
Kate Forbes is a thoroughly decent person with principles, which to be fair, probably rules her out. The priggish Angus Robertson, I would imagine will be favourite. If the talented Nicola can’t deliver Indy, he’s got no chance.

3 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

I heard Ruth Wishart on R4 earlier voicing concerns about Kate Forbes being a member of the Free Church. Can you imagine the furore if a commentator voiced concerns about a potential candidate being a member of the Catholic Church. You would never hear the end of it. 
Kate Forbes is a thoroughly decent person with principles, which to be fair, probably rules her out. The priggish Angus Robertson, I would imagine will be favourite. If the talented Nicola can’t deliver Indy, he’s got no chance.

Has your account been hacked or have you embarked on a road to Damascus type conversion?

I thought you hated the SNP in all it’s flavours.

18 minutes ago, BMG Spider said:

Mhairi Black would be my first choice, but whilst she's down at Westminster that's a non-starter.  Leaves Angus Robertson as probably the best choice of those currently in the Scottish Parliament

Yeah, I agree regards Mhairi, exactly the type to be able to stir the pot & would certainly be a handy person to capture the young voters who weren’t paying attention post 2014. 

24 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Has your account been hacked or have you embarked on a road to Damascus type conversion?

I thought you hated the SNP in all it’s flavours.

Hate is far too strong a word. I certainly don’t like them. I have a lot of respect for Nicola Sturgeon and her work ethic. I can’t believe she lasted as long as she did given the abhorrent abuse she gets subjected to. I’ll continue to “not like” them but definitely not hate! I’ll save that for the Old Firm.

56 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Okay - what have you done with Minter?

3 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

More generally, it's a remarkable turnaround over the last few years.

Time was that every politician with designs on high office would have to pretend to believe in heritage fables, now it's just a bit weird.