Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, ScotiaNostra said:

its not enough to win elections though you actually have to implement policies and improve things once your in power, thats the failure

Not disagreeing but can you point to any of our other fellow 'nations' or near neighbours were things have improved? Yoons like to raise NHS and ferry failures yet our NHS and public transport is better than the rest of the UK. Even Chris Witty praised our NHS. All this despite not having all hands on the levers of power which the UK Gov has.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Presumably you are still counted as a member. How many others are in this situation?

Me too, I forgot to renew in January and still got a vote - cast it as well.

Not sure which version of exsel they are holding the records on, but by f**k it needs an update !!

14 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Not disagreeing but can you point to any of our other fellow 'nations' or near neighbours were things have improved? Yoons like to raise NHS and ferry failures yet our NHS and public transport is better than the rest of the UK. Even Chris Witty praised our NHS. All this despite not having all hands on the levers of power which the UK Gov has.

Whataboutery.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I shudder to think of Ash Regan thinking for herself, it's bad enough with Kirk Torrance and Cherry doing it for her. 

The SNP have done well to keep the likes of Regan and Cherry out of the limelight.  The ways and means of doing so are coming to light now.  

Unfortunately the lunatic fringe of the party are much more to the fore.  It masquerades as “critical” stances, but in reality it’s unhinged lunacy. 

6 minutes ago, wirez said:

With everything that has gone on they need to scrap this election and start over again.

Not taking any action risks a LIz Truss clown shoe situation.

The trouble is that votes have been cast. Its a hard thing to stop now. As I see it there are three options:

Carry on regardless. Suggestions of impropriety remain especially around those eligible to vote (which does look a bit ropey). Whoever loses complains that it was rigged.

Scrap the whole thing and re-run it. Suggestions will be that they did so because Humza wasn't going to win.

You could appoint an independent auditor to oversee the process. Checking that the membership list from HQ to MiVoice only contained active members or memberships that lapsed within 3 months. This might seem like conceding to Ash.

I don't envy the National Secretary, this has been a debacle. Damned no matter what you do.

Edited by Trogdor

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The SNP have done well to keep the likes of Regan and Cherry out of the limelight.  The ways and means of doing so are coming to light now.  

Unfortunately the lunatic fringe of the party are much more to the fore.  It masquerades as “critical” stances, but in reality it’s unhinged lunacy. 

Political parties have lunatic fringe shock

1 minute ago, Binos said:

Political parties have lunatic fringe shock

The point is the extent you keep them away from the cameras.  The SNP have been excellent at this, for whatever reason.   Other parties have had them out, front and centre.  

The brain mush element have been empowered, and we’re even seeing it in this thread.  

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The point is the extent you keep them away from the cameras.  The SNP have been excellent at this, for whatever reason.   Other parties have had them out, front and centre.  

The brain mush element have been empowered, and we’re even seeing it in this thread.  

There's no way ash regan is getting voted in so we're not heading down a corbyn path

Just now, Binos said:

There's no way ash regan is getting voted in so we're not heading down a corbyn path

I was thinking more Jacob Rees Mogg.  

There are, however, posters in this very thread who claim Regan “gets things done”. 

4 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Never realised how catastrophically bald Murrell was.

He genuinely looks like Heinrich Himmler. Extremely unfortunate looking chap.

9 minutes ago, Elixir said:

He genuinely looks like Heinrich Himmler. Extremely unfortunate looking chap.

That is totally out of order.

Himmler did have a fine head of Prussian shaved hair.

These days they prefer to call it getting a 'fade'.

49 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The trouble is that votes have been cast. Its a hard thing to stop now. As I see it there are three options:

Carry on regardless. Suggestions of impropriety remain especially around those eligible to vote (which does look a bit ropey). Whoever loses complains that it was rigged.

Scrap the whole thing and re-run it. Suggestions will be that they did so because Humza wasn't going to win.

You could appoint an independent auditor to oversee the process. Checking that the membership list from HQ to MiVoice only contained active members or memberships that lapsed within 3 months. This might seem like conceding to Ash.

I don't envy the National Secretary, this has been a debacle. Damned no matter what you do.

It's a debacle because of candidates making vague accusations based solely on someone on twitter says. No other party gives membership numbers on demand, the SNP issues them annually with their accounts. Giving a precise number as a snapshot isn't as simple as claimed, members debit card numbers change so there are delays in knowing who has forgotten or left, which would probably be argued over to the nth degree in a close result. The party seems to be imploding whoever wins, I'm not celebrating. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's a debacle because of candidates making vague accusations based solely on someone on twitter says. No other party gives membership numbers on demand, the SNP issues them annually with their accounts. Giving a precise number as a snapshot isn't as simple as claimed, members debit card numbers change so there are delays in knowing who has forgotten or left, which would probably be argued over to the nth degree in a close result. The party seems to be imploding whoever wins, I'm not celebrating. 

Murrell used to tweet live time updates about membership numbers when they were on the up.

Gies peace with watered down pish excuses.

He quit for a reason. He has been fiddling the membership numbers for months (never mind the finances). A couple of weeks ago he gave woefully out of date numbers of SNP members to Murray Foote ( SNP media chief ) who then parped it out to all the media.

Then the real numbers came in. Foote was made to look like an idiot so he quit giving pelters to Murrell. A few hours later, the wee baldy lying tadger himself bins it before he was pushed oot the door.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Unfortunately, the someone on twitter seems to be closer to the mark than the party at the moment. 

It's really not that difficult to maintain a membership list. It takes time and administration. It seems like its been badly neglected. Any card failures or direct debit failures are known almost instantly. I know this as I've done it before and you then try to collect payment again. It shouldn't be difficult to update the membership list thereafter. In fact, you should be able to integrate it.

Those eligible to vote should be defined somewhere. Then there is no scope for argument. My understanding is that it isn't clearly defined. However, someone whose membership lapsed 3 years ago shouldn't be voting. If its a tight result there may well be a challenge to the result.

The party is imploding but change had to come. Its one of these one step backwards to take two steps forward moments. 

Assuming the new leader grasps the opportunity of a reset. This is a chance to sort the party and government out. Get the party engaging with the membership and improve transparency and decision making. Get the SG delivering competent government for the people with improved outcomes. It sounds simple but it's a bit ask, admittedly. Only 2 of the candidates have any chance of achieving that. I'm not counting Ash.

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Me too, I forgot to renew in January and still got a vote - cast it as well.

Not sure which version of exsel they are holding the records on, but by f**k it needs an update !!

That's like taking money from a faulty cash machine. It doesn't belong to you.

What a farce. The game is up the pole!