Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I wonder if he will want his loan back now ? And will he receive his redundancy money  and his bonus for all his successful administration of the Party ?

Aye, 8 election victories in a row is a terrible record. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, 8 election victories in a row is a terrible record. 

I think the election victories are more to do with the first minister than the CEO. I couldn't even name you a CEO of any other party or the SNP CEO before Murrell. I suspect that tells its own story.

This is a man who consistently re-wrote the rules, when members elected people to the NEC he didn't like he just directly appointed more to the NEC to regain control. When members elected committees and he lost control he refused to allow the committees to meet as only HQ could call committee meeting. When the Treasurer and Audit Committee wanted to see the accounts, he blocked access. 

He has damaged the party ridiculously. This is long overdue. That's before we talk about financial impropriety.

The man should not be celebrated but derided. I'm surprised you're white knighting him.

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The man should not be celebrated but derided. I'm surprised you're white knighting him.

You shouldn't be. He was also white knighting for the world's shittest dentist for the best part of two years. 

Edited by vikingTON

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think the election victories are more to do with the first minister than the CEO. I couldn't even name you a CEO of any other party or the SNP CEO before Murrell. I suspect that tells its own story.

The only reason you know his name is probably because of who he's married to. It's probably also  the main reason for all the unsubstantiated allegations. Anyone who uses the rules to stop Cherry getting into a position of power in the party is OK in my book. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The only reason you know his name is probably because of who he's married to. It's probably also  the main reason for all the unsubstantiated allegations. Anyone who uses the rules to stop Cherry getting into a position of power in the party is OK in my book. 

You're better than that.

Everything in my post is factual not unsubstantiated. A members organisation that treats its members with contempt isn't much of a members organisation. 

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

You're better than that.

Everything in my post is factual not unsubstantiated. A members organisation that treats its members with contempt isn't much of a members organisation. 

I was talking about the fraud allegations, not using his knowledge of the rulebook to get a desired outcome which is standard politics. 

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's probably also  the main reason for all the unsubstantiated allegations.

So you're claiming that the investigative journalism of Private Eye regarding the Ted Crilly campaign funds was fabricated because Sturgeon's husband?

Anyone who uses the rules to stop Cherry getting into a position of power in the party is OK in my book. 

So misuse of office is acceptable so long as it's working against people you don't like.

Absolutely laughable stuff, if this didn't also seem to be the mainstream SNP line on the issue too. We're fast approaching a Scottish Labour in the early 2000s level of arrogance and party functionalism.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

So you're claiming that the investigative journalism of Private Eye regarding the Ted Crilly campaign funds was fabricated because Sturgeon's husband?

So misuse of office is acceptable so long as it's working against people you don't like.

Absolutely laughable stuff, if this didn't also seem to be the mainstream SNP line on the issue too. We're fast approaching a Scottish Labour in the early 2000s level of arrogance and party functionalism.

I was thinking something similar earlier, this is very much the same as labour in 90¨s/2000s in how the SNP are taking voters for granted, they expect to win whatever and that means they arent making much effort to actually run things well

Edited by ScotiaNostra

43 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

I was sent a voting ballot despite have ended my membership more than 3 yrs ago

This sounds a wee bit sinister to me. Presumably you are still counted as a member. How many others are in this situation?

Could this be connected in some way to the Executive's dithering over revealing actual membership figures?

As the Eye would say, I think we should be told.

I think it's long been clear there is some sort of nonsense going on with how and when the membership info that was passed to Mi-voice was collated. Seemingly it's typical that it takes 3 months for cancelled memberships to actually be removed, so it's not surprising to see anyone who was a member between November 15th 2022 and February 15th 2023 receive a ballot, but the numbers of former members who left long before that reporting having received an email ballot suggests something far more egregious. It's as if whoever and whatever is in overall control of updating the membership database is either totally incompetent, lazy and intransigent, or totally indifferent for whatever reason. It's a shambles.

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

It's as if whoever and whatever is in overall control of updating the membership database is either totally incompetent, lazy and intransigent, or totally indifferent for whatever reason. It's a shambles.

Or all of these?

6 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

It's as if whoever and whatever is in overall control of updating the membership database is either totally incompetent, lazy and intransigent, or totally indifferent for whatever reason. It's a shambles.

I've found the culprit...

licensed-image.thumb.jpeg.faa42d5d03f627617c34370cdf92c6a0.jpeg

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Or all of these?

Quite possibly, yes.

Having worked in admin roles in the past I can see why this is the sort of thing that usually gets relegated to low priority and suffers as a result, but there's no excuse for being unable to take an accurate snapshot of actual membership on Feb 15th or whenever. In all honesty, it stinks to me of something that has been neglected as a result of a deliberate decision, and the total absence of oversight has let it atrophy to a point whereby it was impossible to accurately glean the necessary info.

As much as I think Regan is a total loon, I actually think she has a credible case for getting this shelved while it's sorted out independently.