Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Wingman said:

Just watching Alex Salmond on Politics Live.

Hadn't seen him for ages, but, my goodness, the man is a giant compared to all the SNP nonentities at Holyrood.

From a unionist point of view, thank goodness he’s out of the frame.

Mods, this is fat shaming. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I did like his answer to the question :  If Humza Yousaf phoned you, would you listen to what he might have to say?

Answer : Yes, provided he didn't reverse the charges! 

I'm not following. I was drawing attention to the pompous language Dawson Park Boy always uses, makes you want to vomit.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I did like his answer to the question :  If Humza Yousaf phoned you, would you listen to what he might have to say?

Answer : Yes, provided he didn't reverse the charges! 

The audience under 50 probably wondered what he was babbling about.

3 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

I'm not following. I was drawing attention to the pompous language Dawson Park Boy always uses, makes you want to vomit.

He's back on homophobia, his favourite subject. Surely another binning on the cards 😂

21 hours ago, welshbairn said:

There's no obligation for any Christian church to conduct gay marriages, what they shouldn't be doing is trying to deny the right of others to do so, as a professed libertarian I'm sure you agree.

Is there any evidence of mainstream churches in Scotland denying the right of gay people to get married? Are Catholic priests running around ambushing gay marriage ceremonies by chucking tins of paint at the happy couple in protest?

It's almost as if you've created a straw man. 

20 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

From a nationalist point of view, he is poison. Thank God he is gone. No surprise a unionist admires a sex pest.

If it weren't for Salmond there wouldn't be a nationalist movement in its current form. But he's 'poison', anyone who doesn't follow a completely irrelevant line on GRR like Cherry is a 'transphobe', Forbes is a 'bigot' for being one of the Wee Frees. 

It's just as well Scotland is churning out viable politicians like sausages right now or else this ever-narrowing, circular firing squad approach to national self-determination might just end in disaster.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Is there any evidence of mainstream churches in Scotland denying the right of gay people to get married? Are Catholic priests running around ambushing gay marriage ceremonies by chucking tins of paint at the happy couple in protest?

If it weren't for Salmond there wouldn't be a nationalist movement in its current form. But he's 'poison', anyone who doesn't follow a completely irrelevant line on GRR like Cherry is a 'transphobe', Forbes is a 'bigot' for being one of the Wee Frees. 

It's just as well Scotland is churning out viable politicians like sausages right now or else this ever-narrowing, circular firing squad approach to national self-determination might just end in disaster.

The concept of a circle narrowing is an interesting one.  In terms of narrowing I would have maybe have gone for an elliptical firing squad. 

These distinctions will be important in an independent Scotland.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

A person is known by the company he keeps those who green dot his posts.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The concept of a circle narrowing is an interesting one.  In terms of narrowing I would have maybe have gone for an elliptical firing squad. 

These distinctions will be important in an independent Scotland.

Always thought geometry was what was missing from the politics section.

On 18/03/2023 at 13:16, welshbairn said:

The only reason you know his name is probably because of who he's married to. It's probably also  the main reason for all the unsubstantiated allegations. Anyone who uses the rules to stop Cherry getting into a position of power in the party is OK in my book. 

On 18/03/2023 at 13:33, welshbairn said:

I was talking about the fraud allegations, not using his knowledge of the rulebook to get a desired outcome which is standard politics. 

On 18/03/2023 at 13:34, virginton said:

So you're claiming that the investigative journalism of Private Eye regarding the Ted Crilly campaign funds was fabricated because Sturgeon's husband?

Looks like Police Scotland are in on the conspiracy as well. 🤡

On 23/02/2023 at 17:54, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

If only there was some sort of recent supreme decision that scuppered any chance Sturgeon had of delivering a referendum.

What other reason are you going to suggest?

You have your answer now.

A non-story in The Express:

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/snp-addicted-secrecy-party-told-29672718

Clearly The Express hasn't heard of GDPR - no party can publish if someone is a member or not - if he were suspended that is a different matter - but that’s not the case as far as I am aware.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

A non-story in The Express:

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/politics/snp-addicted-secrecy-party-told-29672718

Clearly The Express hasn't heard of GDPR - no party can publish if someone is a member or not - if he were suspended that is a different matter - but that’s not the case as far as I am aware.

Im sure that story was retweeted by the c**t that is Murdo Fraser too. Even a walloper like him should know better