Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

As someone who has fallen foul of the moderators on this forum, I’d appreciate some guidance on whether calling a self-confessed homophobe a bigot is acceptable.

FWIW I reckon it’s acceptable on the basis of accuracy.

@Bully Wee Villa @TheGreenElves

You'll end up on @sophia's list.

20 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Downsized to a Clydesdale and cart.

Sounds like the Glasgow Subway on a Sunday tbh. 

Handing a Wee Free (subs: check which weirdo branch it actually is) the Minister for Teuchters post is an avoidable own goal from Mr 52% within a day of taking office. His authority is very weak and giving Forbes an excellent reason to be outside of the tent pissing in is far more dangerous to him than shunting her to a different role that isn't such an obvious downgrade. 

Edited by vikingTON

56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

As someone who has fallen foul of the moderators on this forum, I’d appreciate some guidance on whether calling a self-confessed homophobe a bigot is acceptable.

FWIW I reckon it’s acceptable on the basis of accuracy.

@Bully Wee Villa @TheGreenElves

We want to tone down the abuse of posters by other posters but, bigoted politicians? f**k it, go for it.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

We want to tone down the abuse of posters by other posters but, bigoted politicians? f**k it, go for it.

The point I was making, which appears to be lost on you, is that if a vocal cohort of posters continue with that narrative, the corollary is that anyone entering the debate with a different and more moderate view is bracketed as someone with a vile outlook. That just serves to shut down any semblance of reasonable debate.

Moreover and surely if a politician is as described, they would be no platformed. I certainly wouldn't expect them to be offered a minister post.

I would therefore congratulate you on your post, apart that is, from your two points made which don't stand any scrutiny.

The point you were making wasn't lost on me, because I didn't read it. I just responded to a post when someone @'d me. Feel free to defend the politician in question, or not, I don't care. 

I just want posters to avoid attacking each other as per the guidelines at the top of this subforum.

If you feel anyone is in breach of said guidelines please use the "report" function.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

The point I was making, which appears to be lost on you, is that if a vocal cohort of posters continue with that narrative, the corollary is that anyone entering the debate with a different and more moderate view is bracketed as someone with a vile outlook. That just serves to shut down any semblance of reasonable debate.

Moreover and surely if a politician is as described, they would be no platformed. I certainly wouldn't expect them to be offered a minister post.

I would therefore congratulate you on your post, apart that is, from your two points made which don't stand any scrutiny.

This is the absolute definition of a word salad. Can you please advise me, as previously asked, where I was abusive? 

Only time will tell whether the old "offer a post to look magnanimous but make it an obvious demotion so they turn it down" gambit works out for Yousaf. Maybe it would have been better to have Forbes inside the tent pissing out, and having her in the backbenches will backfire and do real damage over time with creating a small section of disgruntled MSPs.

Maybe though he knows he's going down a path that could have seen Forbes resigning from cabinet because of a policy she disagrees with anyway. If that's the thought process you could figure it's better to have her out now than having a high profile resignation undermining the credibility of a specific policy and/or the government in general, which would potentially cause more damage to party unity than not having his leadership rival in the cabinet in the first place.

17 hours ago, Rugster said:

Hope she leaves the SNP too the bigoted wee homophobe. 

Thought she just disagreed with gay marriage.

Quite a reasonable position for a Christian to have. In fact I think the majority of Christian churches take this position.