Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, The Skelpit Lug said:

Any other P&B posters ever had the good fortune to have had a private tour of a stately home after driving the owner home after him speaking at a dinner engagement? 

I was once bought a pint by an Edinburgh Tory councillor.  I think he thought I was a Tory supporter.

33 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

So you look like a Tory? Some admission.

Were you wearing your Rangers scarf by any chance?  😉

Classic case of never judging a book by the cover! 

On the scarf issue - absolutely not. I'm not one of those utter clowns who wears football colours anywhere outside a game. I'd no more wear a football scarf or top as normal daywear than I would wear a pair of swimming trunks to a funeral. 

12 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

There were so many moments of unintentional hilarity during the Murphy era that it all kinda blends into one. Peak SLab banter years though.

The Irn Bru crate, scenes on the 6pm news of him standing on it and dishing out a speech to absolutely nobody whatsoever, being trolled by a guy on a purple bicycle, Murphy, Izzard, and a 30 strong mob of Labour activists being driven out of Glasgow by no more than 2 or 3 vocal hecklers then trying and failing to blame it on a 'violent mob of nationalists' only for that to be shown for the complete fantasy it was thanks to photographic evidence. Probably many more I've completely forgotten about.

How can you forget the best one?

Jim Murphy Loses Seat To The SNP on Make a GIF

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Any other P&B posters ever had the good fortune to have had a private tour of a stately home after driving the owner home after him speaking at a dinner engagement? 

Long story but my folks once got a personal tour of the Palace of Westminster by a magnificently refreshed Nicholas Fairbairn.

"So blootered he could barely stand up never mind talk" was the feedback I received. 

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I was choosing to read binns as a typo and it was actually wunfellaff he’d been out with. 

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Classic case of never judging a book by the cover! 

On the scarf issue - absolutely not. I'm not one of those utter clowns who wears football colours anywhere outside a game. I'd no more wear a football scarf or top as normal daywear than I would wear a pair of swimming trunks to a funeral. 

Even if it was one of those underwater funerals?

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

Long story but my folks once got a personal tour of the Palace of Westminster by a magnificently refreshed Nicholas Fairbairn.

"So blootered he could barely stand up never mind talk" was the feedback I received. 

"Magnificently refreshed".

Wonderful description. 

17 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

If your entire political aim is to ensure that a chap from Eyemouth has to cross an international border and pay in a different currency to buy his messages in Berwick then you don't need a capable leader. 

Would it make you happy if an independent Scotland recaptured Berwick? 😀

5 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I get that's it's just a procedural thing but the 31 Tories voting to make Douglas Ross First Minister brought a little chuckle on a dour Tuesday afternoon 😀 

I was surprised to see that Cole-Hamilton only got 4 votes. It turns out that is 100% of their MSPs.