Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Odd posting from the ScotchNat Massive.  They've just elected The First Shinner and all they talk about is Rangers fans,  FF, Wingsy, people from 'down south' and Jim Murphy.

Utter loon balls to a man.

What does the guy from Eyemouth have to say about this? 

1 minute ago, MazzyStar said:

What does the guy from Eyemouth have to say about this? 

He's just ordered 2,000 bottles of any liquid from Tesco before loopy Lorna and the oddball collective that 'govern' Scotland tax the arse out of it.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

He's just ordered 2,000 bottles of any liquid from Tesco before loopy Lorna and the oddball collective that 'govern' Scotland tax the arse out of it.

I wouldn’t disagree that a good few of the SNP and Greens are oddballs but they’ve got nothing on the oddballs that want to be governed by Rishi Sunak, Liz Truss etc. 

Was Jim Murphy the guy who started his "reign" with a quote along the lines of "I can't believe how easy it's been to outwit the SNP"? 😂

Anyway, Labour's "leaders" have somehow managed to get worse with each choice. 

• Wendy "Bring it on" Alexander
  • Iain "THAT GIF" Grey
  • Johann "Scots aren't genetically programmed to make political decisions" Lamont
  • Jim "Irn Bru Crate" Murphy
  • Kez "How do you work this voting button" Dugdale
  • Richard "So what's devolved again?" Leonard
  • Anas "Slum Landlord" Sarwar

A truly magnificent run of monumental hopelessness. 

2 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

I wouldn’t disagree that a good few of the SNP and Greens are oddballs but they’ve got nothing on the oddballs that want to be governed by Rishi Sunak, Liz Truss etc. 

Ah, the old "Whit aboot your oddballs" defence?  How pathetic...yet predictable.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Ah, the old "Whit aboot your oddballs" defence?  How pathetic...yet predictable.

Nah. Seems fair enough. You explain why your shite is better than our shite. Is Rishi Sunak a good Prime Minister. And is Humza Yousef going to be a useless First Minister. Nobody actually knows. However. Sunak is a Tory. So not the best start.  👍😄

19 minutes ago, GTee said:

The First Shinner. 🤷. What does that mean. ?

Quite simply he's an anti-catholic bigot without the baws to own it. This is a guy nearing pension age who's used rhyming slang like "greenyins" before, as well as outright stating that "catholic countries" were inferior. 

"Shinners" is merely another example of this utterly weird behaviour. 

13 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Quite simply he's an anti-catholic bigot without the baws to own it. This is a guy nearing pension age who's used rhyming slang like "greenyins" before, as well as outright stating that "catholic countries" were inferior. 

"Shinners" is merely another example of this utterly weird behaviour. 

Ah. Okay. Still none of he wiser..Scored a few shinners as a hopeless fitba player, but that's about it 🤷😄

2 minutes ago, GTee said:

Ah. Okay. Still none of he wiser..Scored a few shinners as a hopeless fitba player, but that's about it 🤷😄

I've no idea what the reference is either. That guy rarely comments actual political opinion. He's here just to derail discussion, it seems.

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I kinda agree with that, there was no substance to his speech and sgain with Yousaf the more he speaks the less clear he gets. He seemed to be saying nothing and saying all things. Yesterday. I hope its just early days.

5 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

It goes a bit deeper than that. He's a We are the People guy, meaning God's own people. You'll notice he rarely makes any sort of political argument and that's because this is solely about identity to him, anglo (by that I mean British) ethnic identity. He reframes the history of "his" people as one of constant persecution. The anglos, filled with the zeal of a new religious movement, didn't bludgeon their way westwards colonising, settling and genociding, first in Ireland then onto the Americas. No, they were the victims in all those endeavours. Siege of Derry, they'll have you know. Supremacists of all stripes use such historical revisionism to maintain an ever bubbling sense of grievance and self-righteousness. That allows them to constantly be on the attack, for why would they as the victims, as the good guys, ever need to introspect? 

Then here's the funny bit. It's that very mentality that has led to the Scottish independence movement. That very ethnic British nationalism was so pronounced in the UK that it superseded class interests to an unstable extent. Generations of working class Brits were reared on a notion of anglo exceptionalism. They were taught that what was good for the glory of Britain was good for them too. Class interests were shelved to make way for Thatchernomics in all its anglo protestant individualist glory. But material conditions matter and when they deteriorate so much, folk start to notice. There's a reason why Glasgow and Dundee but not Edinburgh or Aberdeen voted for independence in 2014 (more poverty in the former two). There's a reason why SNP, formerly an irrelevance, suddenly started getting votes once Labour shifted its economic policies rightwards. Folk didn't just wake up one morning in the mid 2000s and think "you know what? I suddenly feel Scottish". The Scottish independence movement is one rooted in material conditions and countless studies have shown that. It was British nationalism bulldozing over class consciousness in the UK that created it.

Edited by FreedomFarter

8 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Just heard Jim Murphy on Radio 4. He's obviously been reading this thread as he's parroting some attack lines.

Apparently Kate Forbes wouldn't be out of place on the right side of the Conservative party. He also suggested she was the most right wing candidate to stand for any party (not sure if he meant Scotland or UK).

He said he wished Humza all the best for the nation but to make way for Labour as the SNP are ungovernable with a hard right element (given Forbes support).

I tell you what Jim, go and get you're Irn Bru crate and take your fantasist shit round the country. An irrelevant bawbag whose electoral legacy was worse than Johann Lamont. 

This is the same Jim Murphy who cuddles up to the most right wing government in Israeli history.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

7 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Absolutely spot-on from one of the savviest writers in the UK press.  But any predictions of the SNP's demise may be a bit premature.

For one thing, they are not making many Unionists these days in Scotland's densest-populated areas.  Secondly, many of us abandoned Labour for very good reasons - mine was Iraq - and I have absolutely no intention of rushing back to more of the same patronising entitlement which got them shafted up here in the first place.  Thirdly, although the 'Red Tories' tag is a cliché, like all clichés it is founded in truth.  Starmer's Labour is hemmed in by the innate Conservatism of much of the English electorate and his agenda reflects that, especially his craven shitebaggery on Brexit.  I could go on.

Let's see how things move on now under Yousuf.  There is unrestrained glee in Unionist circles; anyone thinking of endorsing it in the ballot box is IMO very misguided.

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I went through a phase of getting the first BMI flight of the day from EDI to LHR on a Monday and often shared the forward seats with Alistair Darling and Tam 'Dyell'.

His craven 'Any chance' requests to share Darling's ministerial car from the airport would have embarrassed anyone, farless the scion of 'Tam o' the Binns'. 

Tam was a real true gent. Remember asking him to speak at a Dinner and he held the audience spellbound with his stories of Gaddaffi and other world leaders of the time. Never a note. His biggest hate was Tony Blair.

Drove him back to the Binns where he gave me a personal conducted tour.