Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

The first thing Yousaf needs to do is bring the party back together after such a fractious election, and that means making a big compromise to his most hostile opponent: he must now commission the Independence Thermometer. 

619e85c4-9258-4443-b2f0-864777d23c57_text.gif.9550eeee3545cae642462aefe51dd112.gif

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It wasn't her religion, it was how she expressed it. Plenty devout Catholic politicians approve of contraception and abortion where necessary.

You conveniently missed out gay marriage and self id.

3 hours ago, orfc said:

Don't forget the majority of SNP members who didn't vote for him, they're racist Tories too because they wanted Forbes or none of the above

Going by gnat logic, the number of non racists once we exclude these lot, unionists, alba, Wingsy nuts can be counted on fingers and that's including pets

A great result, just hammers home the divisions within the SNP in truth 🙂

I never thought I would ever see the words SNP members are racist Tories (that is around half of them). No wonder the SNP is a tremendous mess, even though Nicola said he didn't mean it. I note that the SNP Acting President/ CEO has not agreed with the First Minister.

3 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I never thought I would ever see the words SNP members are racist Tories (that is around half of them). No wonder the SNP is a tremendous mess, even though Nicola said he didn't mean it. I note that the SNP Acting President/ CEO has not agreed with the First Minister.

I don’t think anyone is saying SNP members as any significant part, are “racist Tories”.   I’d say Forbes is a Thatcherite, and that alienated more than it attracted.  I’d also add that the Wings faction has a significant bigoted element, and that Wings himself is a rotten, racist b*****d.  Once these fuckwits bugger off to Alba with their faux academia and their pretence of inclusiveness, the better.   As we have seen, it’s about 5,000 folk screaming at the internet.   

2 hours ago, Lex said:

Yeah no surprise. The fact that Kate is a practising Christian obviously ruled her out. And with a choice of the Regan or Humza, they've rightly went with the least bad option. I expect he will be a disaster and be gone by the end of the year, at which point the big hitters in the SNP will stand for the next leadership election.

Humza is a useful patsy for the political equivalent of following The Beatles. He's never going to be as good and the inevitable comparisons to Nicola are going to make him look even worse.  When the next new leader arrives they can benefit from at least not being as bad as Humza.

As Sunak was compared to Truss.

There will always have been an element that didn't really understand the voting system or realised that 2nd pref for Humza/Forbes 1st pref voters wasn't particularly relevant, but the discrepancy between Humza's 'no 2nd pref' vote and the other two candidates is striking. Seems for a good number of HY voters the other two were completely unconscionable, which is what I suspected even if I didn't really believe it would play out that way.

46 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I never thought I would ever see anyone routinely critical of independence or the SNP make a wild statement that was then picked up by someone equally opposed to the SG/independence and in turn say they never thought they would ever see those words......

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

She certainly didn't verbalise it very well. I'm quite tolerant of divergent views, I think its healthy to have divergence especially within a political party. In the first week of the campaign (before the deadline) I thought she should stand aside as she'd effectively run her race! She's done very well to get within touching distance of Humza but she's been playing catch up since then.

I know Free church types and every one of them is perfectly kind and considerate. I expect Forbes is as well.

She's certainly not what I would call bigoted but then I'd never refer to opponents as nazis (unless they actually were nazis!).

Political discourse is in the gutter and nuance is dead. Its all literal interpretations, if you're against me you are the enemy and loads of rhetoric and misinformation/clickbait.

That would be an understatement.

As far as the vote went, if there's enough out there that don't get the nuance that we crave, I fear that would've well and truly tipped the balance.

Some may say hell mend her but I would simply regret that such matters, matters that I fail to come to terms with in 2023, would stymie someone so obviously able.

Ach well, maybe Humza will surprise us and I wish him well.