Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Explain to us what you get from going on a football website and pretending to be semi literate?  It’s not even the nonsensical views that nobody buys, it’s the pretending to be an imbecile.  

There's a wee clue in the avatar, I 🤔

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Explain to us what you get from going on a football website and pretending to be semi literate?  It’s not even the nonsensical views that nobody buys, it’s the pretending to be an imbecile.  

Don't know what your talking about,you must be mixing me up with someone else,or your just particularly pseudo aggressive today and need a wee cuddle 

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

She's certainly not what I would call bigoted but then I'd never refer to opponents as nazis (unless they actually were nazis!).

Political discourse is in the gutter and nuance is dead. Its all literal interpretations, if you're against me you are the enemy and loads of rhetoric and misinformation/clickbait.

I don't think statements like this really help political discourse either to be honest.

Kate Forbes is a homophobe. That's not rhetoric, or 'you're with me or against me', or 'you're a bigot if you disagree'. 

I'm sure she's very nice in person, it doesn't change the fact that if you believe that gay people shouldn't be allowed to get married then you are a homophobe and that will be a red line for a lot of people.

I would say a far bigger problem in political discourse at the moment is the drive to 'well actually...' instances of people being openly intolerant of minorities with 'they're not actually a homophobe/transphobe/racist/whatever and if you point out that what they said is wrong then you're the intolerant one'. This usually ties in with acting as if that somehow makes you superior to people who are willing to call it out because you are a sensible head who can rise above the fray.

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I hope that this thread is retained so that, in future, skilled cryptographers can study it and reveal to a baffled populace WTF you are on about.  Are you now off the 'commonwealth membership v republic' stuff and are now on about leaving the commonwealth? 

Edit to ask... Who has proposed leaving the commonwealth? 

Commonwealth was set up by the Royal familly,aren't a monarchist either but being part off the commonwealth would help switching over pensions when we are Independent or rather if we are Independent but doubt I'm ever going to see it with the utter dross prospects to lead the way just now

Edited by General dissaray

31 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Where does the idea that Forbes is competent come from? That she managed to read out Nicola's budget without falling over?

She was a over-promoted because her boss was a wrong'un and basically there was no other stand out candidate. There is nothing in her record that says she is good or bad at her job. In fact the way she started her campaign showed that she was wildly incompetent. Poor politics in taking the line she did with her religious attitudes.

I never said she was competent, I said she was the most competent out of the three candidates. Her record while not being anything special, was stand out when compared to the other two. But she could never win when her religious views were outed. She was a senior figure in the last SNP government and I'm sure she will a senior figure in the next one too, but she will never be SNP leader. 

Just now, Lex said:

I never said she was competent, I said she was the most competent out of the three candidates. Her record while not being anything special, was stand out when compared to the other two. But she could never win when her religious views were outed. She was a senior figure in the last SNP government and I'm sure she will a senior figure in the next one too, but she will never be SNP leader. 

No her record was not stand out. It was non-existant.

What had Ash Regan done that was incompetent. She had done nothing notable either way just like Forbes so why place one above the other.

11 minutes ago, General dissaray said:

Don't know what your talking about,you must be mixing me up with someone else,or your just particularly pseudo aggressive today and need a wee cuddle 

You'd be better off launching alphabet soup at a wall and posting a photo of the result than this pish tbh 

1 minute ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

You'd be better off launching alphabet soup at a wall and posting a photo of the result than this pish tbh 

I'm dyslexic and seeing people are replying to me they can read my posts perfectly,its just Pie and Bovril a lot off people just want to be mean to me but hey it says more about them that what is says about me

17 minutes ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

I would say a far bigger problem in political discourse at the moment is the drive to 'well actually...' instances of people being openly intolerant of minorities with 'they're not actually a homophobe/transphobe/racist/whatever and if you point out that what they said is wrong then you're the intolerant one'. This usually ties in with acting as if that somehow makes you superior to people who are willing to call it out because you are a sensible head who can rise above the fray.

This is non-sensical.

Who is the arbiter of when someone is xxxxphobe? Or a nazi? Who should call it out?

It's reactionary nonsense and I'd venture if you use these terms as flippantly as some do then, you are part of the problem rather than the solution.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

The first thing Yousaf needs to do is bring the party back together after such a fractious election, and that means making a big compromise to his most hostile opponent: he must now commission the Independence Thermometer. 

And do it as a big square, like the Kaa’ba just for the shits and giggles.