Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 minutes ago, orfc said:

You've two choices. 

You're saying most unionists are right wing. Given nationalism seems to be the opposite of unionism, then you'd expect most nationalists to be left wing and therefore I am right (as I am in all things ever)

Or, unionism/nationalism cuts across left/right concerns and therefore your original assertion is bollox

Either way, it's not me jumping through logical hoops to say unionists are racist against Humza without any proof though is it 🙂

Only if they’re linked 

If most people are right wing then most unionists and most nats can easily be right wing. Or maybe it’s 40/60 in one and 50/50 in the other. Then there’s centrists.

The counter argument to the contention that most unionists are right wing can only be that there is not a majority of unionists that are right wing. It’s a quantitative argument, not a logical one.

Whether or not most unionists are right wing (I suspect there’s proportionally more right wing people among unionists than among nats and there’s probably a slight majority) I don’t think it’s a stretch to suggest that some people who are both will make crass racist comments. 

I don’t think anyone suggested that all unionists would.

1 hour ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

Bumza Poosef is trademarked and as I am the sole owner of the this intellectual (lol) property compensation in the form of royalties is due. 

For anyone using this, please be aware that my lawyers are watching.

If this is true, I like your infantile work.

5 minutes ago, Lex said:

The fact that Kate is a practising Christian obviously ruled her out.

Being a follower of the same church didn't hold back Ian Blackford leading the SNP at Westminster, along with being Vice-Chair of Christians in Parliament. 

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Being a follower of the same church didn't hold back Ian Blackford leading the SNP at Westminster, along with being Vice-Chair of Christians in Parliament. 

True, but that role doesn't attract the same scrutiny as party leader and first minister does, the leader of the SNP group at Westminster has no real power outside the party. Wouldn't see Mhairi Black making emotional tweets about him infringing on her rights, like she did with Forbes. Kate is certainly the most competent and would have won, if it wasn't for her religion. 

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

True, but that role doesn't attract the same scrutiny as party leader and first minister does, the leader of the SNP group at Westminster has no real power outside the party. Wouldn't see Mhairi Black making emotional tweets about him infringing on her rights, like she did with Forbes. Kate is certainly the most competent and would have won, if it wasn't for her religion. 

That’s because Blackford either doesn’t hold iffy views round folks rights or, if he does, is smart enough not to vocalize them. 

2 minutes ago, Lex said:

All neo cons are connected to Churches its were the power is look at America,the presidents ate all vetted and put into power by there churches,always was wary off anybody wanting to be a politician in the first place though what ive learned is we can't trust them we can't even trust our own

6 minutes ago, Lex said:

It wasn't her religion, it was how she expressed it. Plenty devout Catholic politicians approve of contraception and abortion where necessary.

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

Probably because he has never expressed any intention to do so, because you can be religious without doing so. Which would lead to the conclusion that the issue isn't a politician being religious, but a politician holding bigoted views.

1 minute ago, Lex said:

Where does the idea that Forbes is competent come from? That she managed to read out Nicola's budget without falling over?

She was a over-promoted because her boss was a wrong'un and basically there was no other stand out candidate. There is nothing in her record that says she is good or bad at her job. In fact the way she started her campaign showed that she was wildly incompetent. Poor politics in taking the line she did with her religious attitudes.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Probably because he has never expressed any intention to do so, because you can be religious without doing so. Which would lead to the conclusion that the issue isn't a politician being religious, but a politician holding bigoted views.

would go one stage further and say the issue would then be expressing bigoted views