Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Finally voted Forbes 1, Yusaf 2. Just figured that Yusaf means inevitable gradual decline with the same old that has stagnated at 45-50% Yes, and few ideas of how to improve powers and performance under devolution apart from tinkering at the edges. Forbes will either crash and burn which would probably mean a new leader after the Westminster election, or there's a small chance she might reenergise the party through changing focus and hopefully she'd be forced to stay well clear of social issues and allow others to deal with that side of policy.

I came to the same conclusion today.....if Forbes brings something different that gets more people across the line in voting SNP / YES then all good....if she doesnt then maybe another change in a couple of years may see someone like Mhari McAllan step forward (she is really impressive)  I think the religious element is over-played.  I am satisfied that she has kept her religious believes out of her parliamentary career so far and hope that she can continue to lead a party in the direction that the majority wish to move rather than her own beliefs.

Sturgeon picking Yousaf as her successor can't be right. I cannot honestly believe she would inflict that on Scotland.

He's been a bit meh in ever ministerial role he has held. He's not suddenly going to get better as FM, it's like the folk at work who you think have been promoted well beyond their competence. Promote them so they do less damage? Is that where we're at...

Maybe she's protecting her legacy by getting an absolute no hoper in after her. She'll take a two year round the world sabbatical and then ride to the rescue and return as the glorious leader.

I think its just another example of the incompetence within the SNP over the last few years, where lack of debate, too much servitude, taking things for granted and a complete lack of focus means someone as talentless as Yousaf is the chosen pick. Its not about whats best for the party or the country its just a symptom of that dysfunction.

We all know hes useless, even those voting for him know that.

7 hours ago, sophia said:

The lie has been as flagrant as it has been hidden in our sight.

There has been succession planning and the wee soviet chose Humza.

6 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Sturgeon picking Yousaf as her successor can't be right. I cannot honestly believe she would inflict that on Scotland.

He's been a bit meh in ever ministerial role he has held. He's not suddenly going to get better as FM, it's like the folk at work who you think have been promoted well beyond their competence. Promote them so they do less damage? Is that where we're at...

Maybe she's protecting her legacy by getting an absolute no hoper in after her. She'll take a two year round the world sabbatical and then ride to the rescue and return as the glorious leader.

Some properly moonhowling takes here 😂

The simpler explanation is that she's probably had enough of holding together an electorally dominant party of some wildly different factions. Eight years of that, plus an almost completely hostile press and a continuing stream of seriously vile stuff on Social Media is probably enough to make anyone think "f**k this for a game of dominoes". 

I don't think you can really blame her for the lack of talent coming through either. Was she supposed to hang on until one of the stronger Westminster contingent stood, and was elected as an MSP? 

Like anyone else of a pro-Independence mind, I'm pretty underwhelmed by what's on offer here. Humza will probably win, and as an FM he won't be great, but he probably won't be terrible and will probably be replaced before the next Holyrood election. It would almost be worth seeing Kate Forbes win for the monumental hissy the Greens will have tbh. 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

If its Kate Forbes, then we shall have an SNP government led by a bigoted Tory.

I'll put you down as a potential heads gone.

33 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Some properly moonhowling takes here 😂

I'll wear that as a badge of honour.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I just hope whoever wins isn't around for long. 

It’s Hobson’s choice.  Each of the candidates is so fundamentally flawed that the SNP loses whoever wins.  Just a terrible final three. 

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s Hobson’s choice.  Each of the candidates is so fundamentally flawed that the SNP loses whoever wins.  Just a terrible final three. 

But Nicola said there was a wealth of talent there - was Nicola a liar?

1 hour ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

The simpler explanation is that she's probably had enough of holding together an electorally dominant party of some wildly different factions.

Along those lines, Forbes is as much Sturgeon's protégé as Yousaf is. It was Sturgeon who facilitated Forbes' rise, ultimately appointing her to finance minister.