Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Can you share the article from the FT? I'm not a subscriber.

Not that I'm distrusting but it's easy to pull something out with the context. Particularly when it's a partisan on twitter.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcontent%2F17a1fffc-d820-49c5-a5a7-d588332dc10a

What are her actual poilices that come under trickle down economics? Its easy to use terms like that but be helpful for some evidence of the actual policies. If she hasnt been clear enough then thats a good question to ask her related to this claim of trickle down economics

Edited by ScotiaNostra

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

For those who are gut sick of the Tories, the choices at the next General Election are: vote for the increasingly dysfunctional SNP and keep wishing and hoping for independence on the never never; vote Labour who are the only party who can realistically oust the Tories.

Then if Labour get in, SLab will be crowing about how they are back. Then it’s 2026.

"Then it's 2026" might be the most terrifying part of that.

57 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its quite surprising that the SNP fan boys cannot see just how far the party has fallen. Its people like GD and the others on here who are to blame now if we dont see independence, their acceptance of incompetence are to blame for the failure of the indy campaign. GD can try and pull out the ‘but who would you vote for?’ Tragic patter all he wants, but it was his party who fucked it for everyone. 

“Who would you vote for?” is so far removed from patter.  It is a serious question; calling it patter is simply deflection from having to answer.

29 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Can you share the article from the FT? I'm not a subscriber.

Not that I'm distrusting but it's easy to pull something out with the context. Particularly when it's a partisan on twitter.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcontent%2F17a1fffc-d820-49c5-a5a7-d588332dc10a

Don't click accept cookies. 

35 minutes ago, renton said:

Thanks for that, the bit about social spending and redistribution isn't a quote from Forbes but the FT's interpretation as I read it?

There's very little direct quotes from Forbes in that section on economic policy. Other sections seem to have more direct quotes.

I dont think she is going for trickle down economics. If thats her policy she wont last as long as Truss. That has been debunked as economic illiteracy.

Why is Forbes even speaking to the FT? Also, phrases like wealth creation, deregulation and competiveness have been tainted by successive tory wrong 'uns and are best avoided. 

10 hours ago, GTee said:

It's mind boggling that folk decide if Scotland should self govern based on a person in charge of the government of the day. It's massively missing the point. 

Given that the number of 'blood and soil' types - those who'd eat grass rather than live under the English yoke - is 30%+/- 5 of the electorate then you need to use the competence of the government of the day to sell your snake oil to the undecided.  At least Kate Forbes grasps this point.

Here's a recent working example of how Nationalists think Scotland should be governed:

32 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

What are her actual poilices that come under trickle down economics? Its easy to use terms like that but be helpful for some evidence of the actual policies. If she hasnt been clear enough then thats a good question to ask her related to this claim of trickle down economics

She says she wants competitive taxation and is wary of divergence from the UK. Presumably that means reducing the tax burden for the wealthy in the hope that the economy benefits as a whole, ie. trickle down.

38 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

“Who would you vote for?” is so far removed from patter.  It is a serious question; calling it patter is simply deflection from having to answer.

So you would just vote for them regardless of anything?  

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

She says she wants competitive taxation and is wary of divergence from the UK. Presumably that means reducing the tax burden for the wealthy in the hope that the economy benefits as a whole, ie. trickle down.

I think she is wary of further divergence presumably meaning the current divergence is about as far as she'd go rather than rowing back?

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I think she is wary of further divergence presumably meaning the current divergence is about as far as she'd go rather than rowing back?

I'd imagine that when Westminster likely drops the higher tax rates leading up to the GE, she would want to do the same. 

13 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

So you would just vote for them regardless of anything?  

No.  I’m saying that come an election you either choose to vote for someone or you abstain.  If you abstain then you are influencing nothing.  If you vote then you are influencing the outcome.  You can choose to vote for what you believe is the least worst option.

9 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m sure you’d be devastated by a shift to the right.

I was on a picket line last Wednesday while you were sipping rioja having fucked off out the country after voting for Brexit.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Kate Forbes really might be the worst of the lot.  Trickle down economics doesn’t work.  It’s pretty abhorrent for the prospective leader of a left wing party to be coming out with nonsense like that.  May as well vote Starmer.  

The SNP is not a left wing party. 

57 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

it might be, she needs questioned on that more. In some areas Id expect her policy to be not so detailed but on Finance matters she should have no excuse not to be able to give detailed answers what that means