Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

"My Party Wrong or Wrong" stuff from you, here.

This thread has more than a whiff of the early days of the BRALT about it.  When @bennett and I were saying, "Naw, it can't be that bad".  Turns out, it was actually much worse!

Strange how you read that.

The SNP is not 'my party'. I'm in no party and my politics are 'on the left'.  I have been generally supportive of the SNP, and Greens, but at the moment, the SNP feels farther from being 'my party' that it ever has been. FWIW none of the parties in Scotland have good leaderships, maybe the Greens come close, but the SNP is definately bringing itself down to the level of the others.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The entire justification for partitioning Britain is premised on the assertion that those above a line drawn from The Solway to the Tweed are different from those below said line.

It's the most stupid idea I have heard in all of my 63 years - and that includes Charles Green's assertion that he bought Rangers' history.

You're a strange beast. A Ger who favours Irish reunification.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The entire justification for partitioning Britain is premised on the assertion that those above a line drawn from The Solway to the Tweed are different from those below said line.

It's the most stupid idea I have heard in all of my 63 years - and that includes Charles Green's assertion that he bought Rangers' history.

Stupider than the partitioning of Ireland, which the state you worship did?

13 hours ago, virginton said:

To keep it all safely in-house, you really shouldn't let the former FM's husband - sitting under an enormous cloud of accusations - continue to run the party. 

The only look for the SNP until the slaphead leaves is maximum transparency. 

Unnecessary and unprecedented. I can't think of any other party, or government/ social institution, that practises maximum transparency. Members should be aware of important details, of course, but why should non-members like myself be privy to the same internal workings as a paid-up member?

I'd say this of the Tories too. Their use of public funds to feather their friends' nests is of more concern to me than how many members the party has.

The Times reports that Peter Murrell will resign in the coming days or weeks.

Considering he’s been in place for 20 years it will be interesting how this affects the organisation of the SNP. 

Ash Regan’s campaign are apparently consulting lawyers on whether there could be a case to stop the count.

Just now, ICTChris said:

The Times reports that Peter Murrell will resign in the coming days or weeks.

Considering he’s been in place for 20 years it will be interesting how this affects the organisation of the SNP. 

Ash Regan’s campaign are apparently consulting lawyers on whether there could be a case to stop the count.

I think that Murrell was always going to follow his wife out the door - he probably thought it made sense to oversee the leadership election first..........but has made a bit of a shop front of the whole thing. Time is up.

I posted the link to Ash Regans campaign website the other day, its like a primary school online paper which has then been edited by David Icke. She needs fired into the moon, and I can only hope that she fucks off to Alba for a wee cuddle from uncle Alex shortly.

Quite like the sounds coming from the Regan campaign. 

Straight talking. As it is. No BS. 

No doubting she would punt the toxic coalition with the perverted Green weirdos. 

It'll no happen for her this time though.

Reckon Forbes will win and Humza and his backers will resign en masse and f**k off as the gravy tap starts to get turned off. 

Happening already 👍

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nats ScotchNats trying to distance themselves from Pete is like Nats ScotchNats trying to distance themselves from the Wingsy/Alba mob.  As I said elsewhere,  it's like trying to draw a distinction between keech and jobby.

You are all complicit and hell mend you.

Edit:  When even Beige Mandy kicks off her kitten-heeled slingbacks and replaces them with steeled-toed Docs then you have a big problem.

download (24).jpeg

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

It's incredibly silly that you persist with this line when the last century of Irish history exists.

Indeed, the British have merrily drawn lines across the world for the last 300 odd years.

Incredible Sevcoing here, but you'll never turn this thread into another BRALT.

2 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Unnecessary and unprecedented. I can't think of any other party, or government/ social institution, that practises maximum transparency. Members should be aware of important details, of course, but why should non-members like myself be privy to the same internal workings as a paid-up member?

A: Because the highest internal office within the party is already mired in an investigation of serious wrongdoing. If the SNP wants to avoid the sleaze tag being pinned on the whole party rather than Murrell's outrageously bald head, it needs to hold itself to a higher standard of scrutiny than the fucking Tories. 

An organisation with nothing to hide has nothing to fear from transparency. 

I think what we are seeing now is that 8 years of comparing the SNP to the most hapless, corrupt tories potentially ever, Brexit, Covid always made them look better than they were. When we suddenly get a leadership race where the focus is only on the SNP the gloss has comes off quickly and what was actually achieved during those 8 years deosnt seem quite as good now even for the most ardent supporters. Thats the problem with just saying torys fault or look at the state of the tories instead of actually working on making a better day to day. Had they done that then maybe the SNP establishment pick would have won the leadership contest easily. If it hadnt been for covid I think this reckoning for the SNP leadership would have come far quicker.

Whoever gets in needs to work on making daily life better for those most needing it and actually achieve the policies they will promise, that would be a good start and go a long way to building the support for the Yes movement to get over that final hurdle.

Edited by ScotiaNostra

On 17/03/2023 at 10:11, Elixir said:

The SNP are absolutely in the gutter, aren't they? Finished party. It's going to be a slow motion car crash watching certain folk on here come to terms with it.