Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

With Liz Llloyd off for a well earned rest it's not been a great day all round. Pete Murrell must surely be off to spend more time with his magpies shortly. If this loyalty from senior staff continues you will have a puppet winning the leadership contest and nobody left to pull his strings   

I actually think a win for Humza in those circumstances might lead to something which doesn't resemble continuity. If the Party machine is gutted then he inherits a blank canvas to move forward. It's a reset of sorts. 

7 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

TBF, he's not the only impediment within the SG right now.

Indeed, mate.  I said, jokingly, at the start of this campaign that I'd bet my shirt on popcorn futures.  That's only half the story.

Put all your Groats on these boys.  Scotland may have many suckers but not enough equipment to drain the ScotchNat swamp:

wastewagons.thumb.png.5f8dd0170aa86e86f0f97d706636e86f.png

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

How bad must it be when a ScotchNat trougher - unprecedently - volunteers to resign?

I don't get why SNP HQ would ask him to lie about something that was blatantly obvious to anyone paying the tiniest bit of attention. 

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I actually think a win for Humza in those circumstances might lead to something which doesn't resemble continuity. If the Party machine is gutted then he inherits a blank canvas to move forward. It's a reset of sorts. 

images (2).jpeg

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't get why SNP HQ would ask him to lie about something that was blatantly obvious to anyone paying the tiniest bit of attention. 

We're watching Last Days of Rome stuff, Welshy.  

I've thought, for a while, that the party should bring down Sturgeon.  I lost a bet a couple of years back in mispredicting her demise.  You should have listened to me as what we're seeing now is Sturgeon bringing down the party.

Edit to add this fab tweet:

Edited by The_Kincardine

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed, mate.  I said, jokingly, at the start of this campaign that I'd bet my shirt on popcorn futures.  That's only half the story.

Put all your Groats on these boys.  Scotland may have many suckers but not enough equipment to drain the ScotchNat swamp:

wastewagons.thumb.png.5f8dd0170aa86e86f0f97d706636e86f.png

8B950B8B-666B-4DD1-BD50-4E973C069500.jpeg.ba7b621c42650e37e62ebb08095d95fd.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

In no way shape or form is Humza a leader. Very little talent and even less credibility. The sort of person you find in many corporate environments that climbs the ladder by being mates with the decision maker and doing their bidding. In that respect he has done well with Sturgeon and been loyal to her. He might just work with someone like Murrell at the helm who has buttoned down many of the key decision makers. Building his own team and holding it together is a different ask entirely  

7 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Am I being whooshed here?

Surely you aren't referring to the inquiry into the Salmond debacle where the SG failed the nine complainers and you're saying people joined the SNP to support the FM? If so, they were wrong 'uns and I'm pleased they have left the party. For any rational sentient being it should have had the opposite effect.

To-date no-one has taken accountability for that failing and the chief architect of the debacle got a nice golden parachute from the SG upon her retirement. 

Sturgeon?  I'll take money on her not forgetting to claim her pension.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

We're watching Last Days of Rome stuff, Welshy.  

I've thought, for a while, that the party should bring down Sturgeon.  I lost a bet a couple of years back in mispredicting her demise.  You should have listened to me as what we're seeing now is Sturgeon bringing down the party.

Edit to add this fab tweet:

He should have listened to you to also lose a bet? Good logic there. 

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

Sturgeon?  I'll take money on her not forgetting to claim her pension.

I was referring to the now retired permanent secretary. Who even got a three month sweetener to add to her £90k/year pension and almost £300k lump sum.

Edited by Trogdor

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I was referring to the now retired permanent secretary. Who even got a three month sweetener to add to her £90k/year pension and almost £300k lump sum.

I know.  However she wasn't the chief architect.  Who signed off the policy changes?

40 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

sounds magic that, Humza being able to do whatever he thinks whatever anyone else might want