Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

No it isn’t and it’s been notable in this thread how many folks are saying ‘just jettison the GRR bill’. Whether the Supreme Court nix it - and that’s not guaranteed - is somewhat moot, given the principle. 

Yup, unfortunately the UK government weren't likely to drop an S35 on something that had widespread popularity, but think they can trap the SNP into burning political capital on something that many will see as a distraction. Alas, you either defend all of devolution, of none of it.

Just now, Highland Capital said:

Regan and Forbes seemed to try and make an argument that this has happened because Scotland isn't independent - but on this issue theoretically it is (or at least should be).  

We don’t know TBF - Jack has been asked to explain his rationale for the S35 to Holyrood committee twice, shat it both times and volunteered Badenoch, who also shat it. 

There's an episode of Frasier where he attends the wedding of a cousin whose relationship he interfered with before causing his aunt to cut him off. He goes to the wedding and the usual elaborate farce plays out, where the prospective bride and groom's relationship falls apart as Frasier brings back his cousin's old girlfriend and they get back together. On the way out, the jilted bride shouts at him "do you see how happy you've made my parents?" - as they don't need to get married into the extremely caricatured Greek family. Pretty much ever since this assortment of chancers has entered the public consciousness I've had that scene in my head, only she's shouting "do you see how happy you've made The_Kincardine?!"

A clip of that part isn't on youtube so here's a clip from about 20 seconds before it. I'm off to google "how to emigrate"

12 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

The STV thing is the first time I've got to see the real shitshow.

Oh well, at least everyone calling for at least a generation between referendums will get their wish.  

No fucking chance those 3 clowns are getting us any closer.

Would be surprised if they’re still in power within the next general election. 

Yousaf was heads and shoulders above the other two by dint of nothing much more than simply being able to debate properly. 

Regan is, as was already well known, a total zoomer and non entity.

Forbes can communicate well enough but when it came to cross examination against Yousaf she led with her chin, somehow managing to trash a record she has part ownership of while letting him have a free 90 seconds of rolling off positive aspects of his own record. She's a lightweight.

Yousaf may not be a father of the nation in waiting but he's clearly the best option there, and alone of the three won't suddenly make Ross or Sarwar look like oratory giants.

In terms of mouthing vacuous platitudes with skill and aplomb - which is what Nationalism responds best to  - that was a cakewalk for Humza.

Forbes - who is very cack-handed in this sort of setting - at least tried to say something of substance and was right that Scotland  - independent or not - has to try and grow a moribund economy.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Yousaf was heads and shoulders above the other two by dint of nothing much more than simply being able to debate properly. 

Regan is, as was already well known, a total zoomer and non entity.

Forbes can communicate well enough but when it came to cross examination against Yousaf she led with her chin, somehow managing to trash a record she has part ownership of while letting him have a free 90 seconds of rolling off positive aspects of his own record. She's a lightweight.

Yousaf may not be a father of the nation in waiting but he's clearly the best option there, and alone of the three won't suddenly make Ross or Sarwar look like oratory giants.

I don't think he is the best option because I don't think "standing still" is coherent in a political context.

I fear Humza is short of any real ideas, he certainly hasn't hinted thus far that there is much of anything in there and I don't think this alleged polish equals the intellectual capability to lead effectively.

Standing still = backwards and that'll see me return to the earth before there is any recovery from such a misstep.

I'm not sure if Yousaf is doing better than I expected him to do so far in the campaign, or if Forbes and Regan are just that bad. Probably a bit of both.

Some of Forbes' attacks on Yousaf tonight were just bizarre. The line about not putting him at Health was cack-handed and I don't think it will have gone done well with most members at all. It's like she's asked Stephen Daisley to run her campaign or something.

Regan is incoherent and clearly dim - it is embarrassing that she is even on the stage.