Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Kate Forbes, the unrepentant neo-fascist’s choice.  Needless to say, she isn’t being vilified “for her religion”, she’s being criticised for her prejudice and ultra conservative ethics.  

I for one am sure the reaction of the right would have been the exact same if Forbes remarks had been made by someone from a non-Christian religion.

Edited by GNU_Linux

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

I can’t see how any of them continue as a coalition, the debate and general shift to the right will have pissed off the greens.    Supply and confidence minority snp gov is what we will get for the remainder of the term

Which shouldn't be a problem. The coalition with the Greens was a mistake. 

7 hours ago, sophia said:

I found this a fairly measured piece from Mandy Rhodes in Holyrood Magazine

On the premise that Kate performs as I expect in the debates, there's a few high profile SNP politicians who might have cause to regret their tuning in to the online maelstrom over this week just gone.

Thanks for sharing this.

7 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Bookmark this for 18 months when the UK govt introduces the same.

Will you still me mewling then or is that "ok"?

I think the argument is that Scottish Government were rushing it to be "first". Despite almost every type of business saying it was going to cost them money and they weren't ready for August.

I think it would be more sensible to take the time and get it right. Could even consider joining England, Wales & Northern Ireland in launching a UK wide scheme in 2024.

9 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Take a step back and consider that the next First Minister will be one of Hamza or Regan - Forbes is done, but even if she wasn’t, she’s no better.   

You keep stating this, yet there's zero evidence to support your claim. 

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Unless her purpose was to swing the party to the socially conservative right and alienate liberals and progressives, she's been astonishingly politically inept. Much of the SNP's electoral success has been from poaching the latter from Labour and the Lib Dems, I doubt there are enough Alba types and swing Tories to compensate for their loss. 

Progressives in what way? The main constituency of Scottish political parties in the Central Belt are relatively progressive in terms of socioeconomic issues - at least until they're asked to pay for the costs of redistribution.

There's little evidence to suggest that they're 'progressive' on liberal identity issues that make f**k all difference to the lives of the vast majority of the country. They might tolerate a progressive push by a government but that's not the same as changing their vote on those views. 

And of course, the blame for a falling vote share can rest just as much on the completely avoidable shambles of the GRR and Sturgeon's response to it. As well as the swirling accusations around the baldy clown who seems to be using Yousaf as a sock puppet candidate. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Kate Forbes, the unrepentant neo-fascist’s choice.  Needless to say, she isn’t being vilified “for her religion”, she’s being criticised for her prejudice and ultra conservative ethics.  

Are you just aiming for hyperbole?

If you're seeking to make a serious point that isn't simply repetition, don't you think that's a bit strong?

36 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

f**k the SNP and their anti-Falkirk bias. 

3 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Nothing in the SNP stronghold of Dundee is a bit of a surprise there tbh.

The last date on that list is March 12th, the vote doesn't end till the 27th, so it might just be the early dates that have been announced.