Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Saying you don’t “remember” something is very careful wording in politician speak…

Answering a Yes/No question with No is pretty definitive.

Some context needed because No could mean he had the conversation but there was no religious pressure. Really it is very stupid to frame a question with several parts as a yes/no question. The journalist who asked it is probably a roaster imo

What a thread and what a title race with nominations only closed today. Results aren't till March 27th ffs imagine the state of it by then.

IMG_20230224_214832.thumb.jpg.ef0ed7fe274f836469a0c7db789e300f.jpg

I have not resorted to that, but I'll tell you, you can tell him now if you're watching it, I'm still fighting for this title, and he's got to go to Na h-Eileanan Siar and get something, and... and... I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if I beat him, love it!

1 minute ago, Bodie said:

What a thread and what a title race with nominations only closed today. Results aren't till March 27th ffs imagine the state of it by then.

IMG_20230224_214832.thumb.jpg.ef0ed7fe274f836469a0c7db789e300f.jpg

I have not resorted to that, but I'll tell you, you can tell him now if you're watching it, I'm still fighting for this title, and he's got to go to Na h-Eileanan Siar and get something, and... and... I'll tell you, honestly, I will love it if I beat him, love it!

i know its only days in at the moment, this could be epic

27 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

This person is just one membership ballot and one HR vote away from becoming FM.  Just let that sink in...

Nice and MILFy, though.

Watch it Kincky, I expressed an earlier similar preference based solely on widdability and it seems I upset a number.

You’re sleepwalking into a land where no one is allowed to be more attractive than anyone else and any expression of an attraction is to be immoral.

But the same land where Forbes is the puritan bigot…

2 hours ago, MrWorldwideJr said:

Gay marriage may be settled, but plenty of LGBT rights aren't (particularly for the T part of that equation) and Kate Forbes has made it very clear she won't be progressing them and would vote against them if given the chance. That would have a direct impact on people's lives in years to come.

It's perfectly normal not to want to vote for someone on that basis. If you have different priorities that's fine but voting based on who believes in your rights or the rights of your loved ones is a perfectly good reason. 

People also have economic and social rights though, which are being massively impacted by, oh I dunno:

• the fucking binfire that is 2020s capitalism

• the onset of a psychopathic Cold War II

• a Brexit island drifting along so uselessly it can't even put vegetables on shop shelves any more and

• local services collapsing left, right and centre. 

So what makes identity rights the fundamental deal-breaker here? I'd say it's because too many people lack the will or the attention to grasp the wider issues that affect their loved ones on a societal level every day. It's a collective navel-gazing exercise rather than a serious political philosophy. 

3 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Watch it Kincky, I expressed an earlier similar preference based solely on widdability and it seems I upset a number.

You’re sleepwalking into a land where no one is allowed to be more attractive than anyone else and any expression of an attraction is to be immoral.

But the same land where Forbes is the puritan bigot…

Equal opportunities m8, it's in the Barnett formula, if the UK gets a Liz Truss we have to get the risk of Ash Regan. 

13 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

I’m always interested in what anyone has to say, including orfc.

Always best to play the ball instead of “othering” the man.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Oh FFS the cryingfacesemojiman is back to making sniders at people who might not share his world view. 

You look at Regan and Humza and wonder who the natural target for the SNP's obvious 'race to the bottom' is.  Then you read the vacuous Dundonian Dunderheid's  posts and realise that it's him.  

6 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

i know its only days in at the moment, this could be epic

Aye, there's a perfect storm type situation developing here imo. First leadership contest in forever against a backdrop of years of unprecedented electoral dominance that's starting to go a bit stale with the abrupt departure of the one politician that was clearly a bit above the rest of the dross both inside and outside the party. The cracks and fraying edges of the SNP/Indy coalition that Sturgeon and Salmond before her managed to smooth are getting wider and bigger with those both inside the movement and those opposed to it sticking crowbars in on the wedge issues. Add in the ongoing perma-binfire that is the UK, Brexit, cost of living, energy crisis.

What a time to be alive.  

21 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Good work, mate.  Though this past week has shown they are excellent at upsetting themselves.  The worm has definitely turned and we can't be far away from a "Nationalism - The Banter Years" thread.

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

People also have economic and social rights though, which are being massively impacted by, oh I dunno:

• the fucking binfire that is 2020s capitalism

• the onset of a psychopathic Cold War II

• a Brexit island drifting along so uselessly it can't even put vegetables on shop shelves any more and

• local services collapsing left, right and centre. 

So what makes identity rights the fundamental deal-breaker here? I'd say it's because too many people lack the will or the attention to grasp the wider issues that affect their loved ones on a societal level every day. It's a collective navel-gazing exercise rather than a serious political philosophy. 

The vote is just on the best choice of leader to represent the SNP unfortunately, the global economy, superpower proxy wars, Brexit pains and the consequences of an aging and underpopulated population will just have to wait their turn.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The vote is just on the best choice of leader to represent the SNP unfortunately, the global economy, superpower proxy wars, Brexit pains and the consequences of an aging and underpopulated population will just have to wait their turn.

In what way are those less relevant to choosing a leader than what you would have voted for in a law that was passed then years ago? 

50 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Mhairi Black nails it.

5831F0FE-4E29-4491-8965-718A58BAD1B7.thumb.jpeg.9203ce2d780c342c6c9dfc939b8f9630.jpeg

She doesn't though.  Every conviction politician votes according to conscience or belief - Christian or not- and,  in so doing,  alienates a proportion of the electorate.

Scotland's GRR mess showed this perfectly.