Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 minutes ago, GTee said:

Thankfully we have fitba and rugby to look forward to this weekend, where religion and politics will be set aside and we can all relax enjoy the sportsmanship on show 👍

As a Rangers supporter who also likes rugby, on a weekend when Rangers play Celtic in a cup final and Scotland play rugby against France in Paris, I'm not entirely sure that "we" are looking forward to this weekend as much as some might hope!  For Rangers and Scotland both to win, its 12/1 on Bet365. I'm not suggesting that the bookies always get it right, but I actually think 12/1 is a bit mean TBH. 

Poll of SNP supporters puts Forbes ahead in race to be next first minister (msn.com)

But I thought the party and world were all going to hate her for daring to believe in traditional marriage?

It found only 5% of SNP supporters think the new leader’s faith or personal beliefs are important.

And they all post on the politics section of Pie & Bovril.

Edited by CarrbridgeSaintee

7 hours ago, GTee said:

I'm on the fringes of this. I am live and let live. But I don't particularly agree or think it makes much sense with someone having two or more wives or husbands. But if that's what they all want then fine. Not my business. Maybe someone doesn't agree with two men or women getting married, but isn't that fussed either way. Surely you can disagree but also accept without giving too much of a shit.

I disagree with Boris Johnson fathering heaps of kids whilst he was in other relationships, but accept it was his choice. 

Shite analogy. 🍺

Aye, you said.

1 hour ago, ScotiaNostra said:

I see theres a poll (I know) that has Forbes still in front, id be surprised she wins now after all this but nothing seems impossible related to this leadership contest

Those poll results are exactly the sort of numbers I'd want to see if I was hoping a Swinney or a Robertson makes a late entrance to the race. 

11 hours ago, orfc said:

Kate Forbes' views, whether you believe them or not are protected characteristics under the Human Rights Act by dint of being genuine religious beliefs.

Anyone saying they'd treat her differently for this is teetering on the edge of the hate crime abyss

10 hours ago, orfc said:

Argue it out with the Equality and Human Rights Commission if you must my good fellow 🙂
https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/en/equality-act/protected-characteristics#rob

"a belief should affect your life choices or the way you live for it to be included in the definition."

That would seem to fit Kate's circumstances, so if you don't vote for her now you are no better than a transphobe 🙂

You clearly don't understand the law.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You clearly don't understand the law.

You clearly don't understand the point (but I remember way back you didn't understand what the term "ring-fencing" meant with regards to the missing 600K, nor the difference between funds being reserved "for use in a referendum" and "going towards getting a referendum") 🙂

If one of the candidates had declared themselves transgender and this forum had then filled with rancid posts decrying their suitability for the post based on that there would have been rightful snot and fury

There is no difference compared to what happened in the Kate Forbes scenario when she aired her religious beliefs - they are both "protected characteristics" and people making their ignorant views and prejudices known based on this should be ashamed of themselves 🙂

PS. It looks like you're sailing close to the wind with your views on Rowling too:

https://www.moorebarlow.com/blog/belief-that-biological-sex-is-immutable-is-protected-under-the-equality-act/

12 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Daily Record reporting up to six SNP MSPs will refuse to vote for Forbes as FM even if she wins the leadership contest 

That is genuinely getting close to a violation of the equality act. While internet gobshites like ourselves have no power, they do, and they're basically saying they'll assess and decide her suitability for a promoted role based on her protected chars. 

2 minutes ago, orfc said:

That is genuinely getting close to a violation of the equality act. While internet gobshites like ourselves have no power, they do, and they're basically saying they'll assess and decide her suitability for a promoted role based on her protected chars. 

Pretty sure the 'desire to not allow same sex marriages' isn't a protected characteristic. 

10 minutes ago, orfc said:

The Equality Act understander has logged on 

6 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Pretty sure the 'desire to not allow same sex marriages' isn't a protected characteristic. 

She didn't say she would ban them or force the view on others, just they didn't fit with her religious belief, and they are protected characteristics, read the links to the act I've been posting 🙂

the point I'm making is that everything in that act applies equally, not just for the groups you like or are a member of 🙂

8 minutes ago, orfc said:

She didn't say she would ban them or force the view on others, just they didn't fit with her religious belief, and they are protected characteristics, read the links to the act I've been posting 🙂

the point I'm making is that everything in that act applies equally, not just for the groups you like or are a member of 🙂

She stated she would have voted against Equal Marriage, meaning she would have been more than happy to use her position as an MSP to force her ridiculous, outdated and shite views on others. Feel free to post some other links literally no one is interested in though. 

1 minute ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

She stated she would have voted against Equal Marriage, meaning she would have been more than happy to use her position as an MSP to force her ridiculous, outdated and shite views on others. Feel free to post some other links literally no one is interested in though. 

I’m always interested in what anyone has to say, including orfc.

Always best to play the ball instead of “othering” the man.