Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, renton said:

48 hours is a long time in politics.

Long enough to torch a leadership campaign anyway.

12 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

FFS its cryingemojiman.

Of course its a witch hunt. Ironic really, given that Sturgeon pardoned them all last year...

If your pal doesn't want people laughing at him he should stop posting drivel.  

MSPs withdrawing their support from someone who thinks gay people shouldn't be treated fairly is completely acceptable.

If you think that's a witch hunt then that rather speaks volumes about your character tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

MSPs withdrawing their support from someone who thinks gay people shouldn't be treated fairly is completely acceptable.

If you think that's a witch hunt then that rather speaks volumes about your character tbh. 

Absolutely. For years it's been tartan gonk fanboys but the minute those previous dubbed fanboys take objection to the (wholly unacceptable) views of a leadership candidate it's a witch hunt. You couldn't make it up. What next, Kincy telling us it's a blatant attack on Protestantism ?

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

There is nothing at all contentious here.  There isn't enough support for independence and the past two days have made it worse.  The hounding of Forbes will have shown 'the floating voter' the kind of intolerant, partisan, authoritarian hellhole iScot would be if a Yes vote was won so support will have dropped further.

I see the well-respected Indian Council of Scotland is at least trying to bring some sanity by highlighting their concerns about Humza:

indianc.thumb.jpeg.edae3de04b4aac2fe3a3ec5f848d6ddd.jpeg

That's in sharp contrast to an SNP staffer who wants Forbes suspended from the party for daring to call a double rapist a man:

Well respected indeed 

Screenshot_20230222_124110_com.twitter.android.jpg

58 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

SNP members are confused that an SNP MSP speaks the truth?

I can probably guess but why are so many people using this straw man argument to defend her?

The issue is with what she thinks, if she didn’t think it she wouldn’t have had to say it.

17 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I can probably guess but why are so many people using this straw man argument to defend her?

The issue is with what she thinks, if she didn’t think it she wouldn’t have had to say it.

Humza thinks it too

1 minute ago, Binos said:

Humza thinks it too

If he does, then him having the nous to also think ‘best not say that out loud, lest folks think it may color my governance’ means he’s light years ahead of Forbes as a politician. If someone must feel the need to tell me it was wrong for me to be born I’d rather hear it thru a megaphone on Buchanan Street than from the upper echelons of government, but maybe that’s just me. 

I am being asked to believe that Kate Forbes colleagues who withdrew their support didn't know her beliefs until a couple of days ago?

Did the people who allowed her stand for parliament to represent them not know her views?

Did the people who promoted her not know her views?

What a mess!

48 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

You don’t realise how deep ‘two cheeks’ actually runs until you’ve witnessed Sevconians rush to stick themselves on the same cross as Angela Haggerty 

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

You don’t realise how deep ‘two cheeks’ actually runs until you’ve witnessed Sevconians rush to stick themselves on the same cross as Angela Haggerty 

In fairness I'd expect a couple of Rangers fans to be absolute experts on bigotry. 

5 minutes ago, Iain said:

He's just explicitly stated on the Today program this morning that he believes in marriage equality and doesn't consider gay sex "a sin".

Yes but that doesn’t suit the pathetic “she was just being honest! Stop discriminating against her religion!” agenda.

35 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

If he does, then him having the nous to also think ‘best not say that out loud, lest folks think it may color my governance’ means he’s light years ahead of Forbes as a politician. If someone must feel the need to tell me it was wrong for me to be born I’d rather hear it thru a megaphone on Buchanan Street than from the upper echelons of government, but maybe that’s just me. 

Andre The Giant No GIF

Edited by MazzyStar

34 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

In fairness I'd expect a couple of Rangers fans to be absolute experts on bigotry. 

You'll get no argument from me about the attitudes of some of the more unwelcome adherents of Rangers. Other clubs have their own eejits, but unfortunately ours appear to be proudly vocal.