Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

I saw that earlier and also Ivan McKee repeatedly saying he's meeting her tonight. If not chips, it may be toast before bed.

I can just about understand her positioning but the whole thing about standing by an out of time morality is just baffling and utterly needless.

If she’d “I don’t personally agree with gay marriage but I’d still have voted for it as I believe everyone has the right to live how they want” there would be considerably less damage. She’d have been seen as someone with beliefs who can set them to the side for the good of the country.

But nope, she had to go full down the “if I had my way it wouldn’t be legal”. She’s absolutely fucked it.

9 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

…and in an outbreak of blatant misogyny and sexism more worthy of the NSFW Forum, Ash Regan is, by far, the most widdable so, if I had a vote, she’d get it. 

And your vote?

11 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I can't see Forbes still in the race in the next 48 hours.  I can't think of anyone having a worse campaign and that includes May and Truss.

She was the front runner for me and I can't believe how awful she has been. 

Humza is far too ambiguous on independence, he's not realising the absolute frustration within the Yes movement just now. He's the continuity candidate, so don't expect much to change

All eyes on Ash Regan as she launches her campaign tomorrow. If she plays it well she could win this race. 

She will be the most radical of the 3 contenders and that can play well with the frustrated within the movement.  I'm actually looking forward to what she has to say....

Really?

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

IMO the SNP are fucked. Independence has clearly been the glue holding the various factions together over the past 15 years. Now that it’s looking virtually impossible there’s nothing to stop the Right, Centre and Left wings going to all-out-war with each other.

I reckon the best thing they could do to stop completely imploding is to acknowledge that there isn’t any genuine appetite for independence and put a hold to campaigning for it for, say, ten years, and say that they want to work productively with cross-party colleagues in WM and HR.

Pretty sure that would be absolute curtains for the SNP.

It's a leadership election, those always beget a certain level of toxicity. I don't think it's novel or unique to the SNP. 

For two days its hasn't even really been the candidates tearing lumps out of each other. Its actually just been the media piling onto Forbes for being naive and bigoted and willing to talk into every damn microphone going.

Apart from Cherry grinding her gears on twitter there really hasn't been a huge amount of animosity in terms of Yousaf and Regan - just everyone retreating a distance away from Forbes.

9 minutes ago, Iain said:

This is a unionist fantasy

Let me rephrase that.

There isn’t *enough* genuine appetite for independence. Nowhere near enough to win a referendum.

Edited by Gaz

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Let me rephrase that.

There isn’t *enough* genuine appetite for independence. Nowhere near enough to win an election.

When the baby boomers snuff it there will be 

Circa 2029 I reckon, 15 years, a generation from the first vote 

Maybe in just enough time to salvage our renewables wealth

Edited by Binos

23 minutes ago, Gaz said:

IMO the SNP are fucked. Independence has clearly been the glue holding the various factions together over the past 15 years. Now that it’s looking virtually impossible there’s nothing to stop the Right, Centre and Left wings going to all-out-war with each other.

I reckon the best thing they could do to stop completely imploding is to acknowledge that there isn’t any genuine appetite for independence and put a hold to campaigning for it for, say, ten years, and say that they want to work productively with cross-party colleagues in WM and HR.

Like how the warring Tories recognised there was no genuine appetite for Brexit in the early 2010s and so put their differences aside whilst they productively worked with their colleagues in Westminster and Brussels?

The irony of course is that the EU actually did welcome a collegiate approach. Westminster didn’t and doesn’t. It simply wants to rule what it considers regions and to be independent of political union, not work with either. No Scottish government* can work productively with a UK government which has no interest in anything other than a supine puppet assembly.

* Well, a UK nationalist party one already ruled from London might be happy to.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Humza is actually alright in real life. Met him a couple of times.

That’s as much of an endorsement as I can offer. 

The man saw fit to (attempt to) use a knee scooter in public when he knew the TV cameras would be on him.

End of discussion.

Regen winning would be worse for the country than Forbes. If there was any appetite for Alba party policies people would’ve voted for them at the last election.

She’d be fighting every election as a referendum and on the basis of the right wing route she’d be taking the SNP would have absolutely no chance of getting close to half the vote.

5 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I think Forbes was promoted and had to announce the budget on the same day Mackay resigned, so I think Sturgeon just went for what seemed like a steady of pair of hands at short notice.

Fair, I'll admit she's preferred to a nonce.