Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I can only think she got pished at the weekend before doing her revision and someone swapped her SNP handbook for the DUP one and she didn’t notice. 

Aye!

19 minutes ago, RiG said:

Maybe someone should tell her to stop talking for a day or two.

By all means enjoy your book of short stories and the recital sessions on a weekend Kate, but if you think your book club opinions should be considered when legislating against abhorrent practices in the 21st century, then I respectfully request you gtf.

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'm just baffled by this. Not the views themselves, they were already pretty well understood, but the question of who, exactly, she is expecting to vote for her in the leadership election. She's completely at odds with the outlook of the overwhelming majority of the membership.

She's in the wrong political party.

7 minutes ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

He does indeed.  I thought he came across well and made his points in a non-judgemental manner.

Regardless of points made and Piers Morgan annoyance, I cannot take Ross Greer as anything other than a speccy wee dweeb.

Totally fucking sick and tired of 'we need an opt out from the law because we are religious' schtick. Aye, sure, society deems certain things totally unacceptable, legislates to outlaw them, everyone is supposed to just accept that you are exempt because of your cult membership? Just get so far to f**k with that.

The logical endgame of that is that Jews would be left in peace to practice religious circumcision, young girls from certain backgrounds will be subjected to FGM with complete impunity, muslim women will be murdered left and right in 'honour' killings, and if ISIS declare a caliphate in a cul-de-sac in Coatbridge the local rozzers will be expected to turn a blind eye to them beheading infidels, crucifying anyone they deem a criminal, and immolating people for the sake of propaganda. 

It's fine for Christians to constantly whinge about being persecuted because they still want to openly practice homophobia, misogyny and such, but why do they seem to believe that exemptions from the law should only be applied to their 'moderate' religion? What is so special about Christianity that they merit special treatment? After all, if they are seriously contending that 'the views of people of faith' should be respected, that surely includes the most fundamentalist lunatics of ALL religions? They are still 'people of faith'. 

This is why I have no time whatsoever for the 'we don't foist our religion...'. Yes you fucking well do, because as soon as it's a matter of governing for all, the 'but everyone should live by the tenets of our faith' behaviour appears without fail. Fucking hilarious that any time the question of assisted dying comes up, dozens of elected officials who have never shown any outward signs of religiosity suddenly find that they can not participate because of 'faith'. Utter shite. They just don't want the uncomfortable discussion with the batshit blue-rinse church going brigade who are invariably standing at the polling station at opening time come every election.

It's high time we stopped pandering to bigots period. Religion is no excuse and it doesn't qualify you for an opt out. If society is moving in a way that challenges your core beliefs, go ask your religion why it is still preaching things that are decades, if not centuries behind the times. That's the real issue here, not the fact that society has moved on.

It will never happen so purely hypothetical but at this point in time, would a change in Scottish Labour's stance to at least open up the floor to the idea of supporting Scottish independence lead to them sweeping the SNP out in the next Holyrood elections?

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It will never happen so purely hypothetical but at this point in time, would a change in Scottish Labour's stance to at least open up the floor to the idea of supporting Scottish independence lead to them sweeping the SNP out in the next Holyrood elections?

The way this is going I wouldnt rule out that happening without them changing their stance on indy

38 minutes ago, Bodie said:

Somebody please ask her if as First Minister and representing Scotland she would attend the funeral of the pope or state funeral of a European leader which involved a Catholic Mass.

Superb opportunity for her to win back my support. 

6 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

The way this is going I wouldnt rule out that happening without them changing their stance on indy

I voted SNP in every set of elections I was able to until the last Scottish ones where I made a conscious decision not to vote for anyone.

Nothing (or indeed very little) I've seen in the almost two years since my non-vote has potentially swung me back towards lending SNP my formerly long-standing vote.

I will always be a proponent for independence but I refuse to fire my vote to them solely based on their own issue of 'it's a mandate for independence' on the never-never, given that it now seems further away than it ever was and very little of substance has been made on that front for several years.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Don’t really have an issue with this one tbh. She’s just said it’s not the way she chooses to live her life and the wee gimp of an interviewer is trying to needle her into saying IT’S WRONG, ALL b*****dS ARE SCUM. It’s not really in the same bracket as things such as her views on gay marriage or trans people.

I agree with this. She makes it very clear there that it is her personal decision, and that she wouldn't seek to impose that on other people. That answer is just not a problem at all. As you say, very different to her positions on gay marriage and trans issues. 

She can promise that she we do nothing to roll back existing rights for the  LGBTQ community. However she would then have to accept that because of her beliefs people from that community might have some concerns that she would not be a very enthusiastic champion for them in the future.

Just now, The Saintee said:

She can promise that she we do nothing to roll back existing rights for the  LGBTQ community. However she would then have to accept that because of her beliefs people from that community might have some concerns that she would not be a very enthusiastic champion for them in the future.

At the moment it’s probably better she just climbs into a bin and hopes it’s not wunfellaff’s. 

I don't know how this stuff world but you have to wonder what Sturgeon was doing having someone so mental in such a prominent role.  She should have been away gathering dust with John Mason.