Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Staggering to see a woman as intelligent and educated as Forbes blow her campaign up by clinging to 18th Century religious nonsense.

She more Proddy than some of our more excitable bluenoses on here.

6 minutes ago, Bodie said:

Wonder what silly nicknames the Unionists will come up with, much to live up/down to after wee Nippy and wee Jimmy Krankie.

Shouty Kate has torched her campaign. Humza Youseless is right there I suppose and I'd be surprised if some variation of Bumza Poosef didn't appear.

Ash Regan is more difficult. Perhaps Ronald if she moves to the right.

6 minutes ago, Bodie said:

Wonder what silly nicknames the Unionists will come up with, much to live up/down to after wee Nippy and wee Jimmy Krankie.

Shouty Kate has torched her campaign. Humza Youseless is right there I suppose and I'd be surprised if some variation of Bumza Poosef didn't appear.

Ash Regan is more difficult. Perhaps Ronald if she moves to the right.

Bible Kate

Him so youseless

Ginger Nuts

1 hour ago, ScotiaNostra said:

I think Forbes blunder helps Regan, I presume Regan voted for same sex marriage. Its probably not enough to win but enough to show just how unpopular Yousaf is as a candidate

Aye, but she's also running on a more Toryesque platform regarding zero carbon transition, which is likely to not be that popular with the membership. She won't engage with the principle of protecting devolution as she doesnt like the GRR, which is an issue. That and accepting the current vendor bid on dualling the A9 seems to be where she is. Will he interested to see where she goes on other social/economic issues but my impression is she is to thr right of the younger, more left leaning part of the membership and more in tune with the traditional Salmondnistas, which would make her a great leader of Alba...

Just now, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

A politician being honest and folks want her to tell lies or hide her religious beliefs. Never saw that coming.

Very happy she was honest, means she has torched her own campaign and someone who holds those views won't be leading the country.

4 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

A politician being honest and folks want her to tell lies or hide her religious beliefs. Never saw that coming.

Nope, glad she was true to herself to her own detriment.  She deserves credit for not lying and then maybe acting different when in position.  

20 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Literally no-on has wanted her to tell lies or hide her religious beliefs. Nice straw man argument, though.

I must admit I haven't paid too much attention in recent years to the rise of Kate Forbes. I suspect many in the electorate are the same, she has a much lower profile generally than others. I'd never even heard of Ash Regan until this contest.

All I get now is that she's against self-identification and against gay marriage. Which, strangely, are two key pillars of the government she is a part of.

On GRR, the fact she thought she could side-step having to resign over the issue because she was on maternity leave just speaks of lack of character. If she felt she couldn't support it, she should have quit. That fact she didn't, and is now openly saying she disagreed with the policy, is really weak. This has Boris Johnson flying off around the world when the Heathrow vote came up all over it.

On gay marriage - this issue was settled years and years ago. When the likes of David Cameron are on the right side of this argument and you are not, something is really wrong here.

3 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

If it happens that only Yousaf gets enough backing by Friday does he become leader and FM automatically?

I think so but the candidates only need a hundred nominations from members each so it's a low hurdle.