Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In terms of experience the best choice is Angus Robertson. I don’t think Swinney will even be a candidate. I think it’ll boil down to a youth v experience runoff, Robertson v Forbes? 

I don’t follow the Kremlinology of the SNP too closely, are there other factions who will run a candidate? Could a Westminster MP try and run, Mairi Black or Joanna Cherry?

Edited by ICTChris

Angus Robertson is by far the best of the bunch right now but still a significant downgrade. 

I don't see him as being as charismatic to all corners like Sturgeon had the ability to be.

A Gordon Brown to Sturgeon's Blair if you will.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Angus Robertson is by far the best of the bunch right now but still a significant downgrade. 

I don't see him as being as charismatic to all corners like Sturgeon had the ability to be.

A Gordon Brown to Sturgeon's Blair if you will.

There isn't really anyone who is an outstanding candidate. Quite depressing. 

29 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

In terms of experience the best choice is Angus Robertson. I don’t think Swinney will even be a candidate. I think it’ll boil down to a youth v experience runoff, Robertson v Forbes? 

I don’t follow the Kremlinology of the SNP too closely, are there other factions who will run a candidate? Could a Westminster MP try and run, Mairi Black or Joanna Cherry?

I assume it's possible to have a party leader (Black, Cherry etc) and also a First Minister (Robertson etc)?  That,  from, my PoV, would be excellent as it is bound to lead to friction.

It's more likely that it will be a current MSP, though and Angus Lounge Pass Robertson will lead himself into Europe.   And The Americas.  And Asia.   Where ever there's a freebie.

44 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

That's got to be the third or fourth time this week I've voted for Yogi. 

Over all the recent polls he's probably had more votes than Murdo Fraser got at the last election.