Falkirk v Ayr United - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

callum-ayr

Falkirk appear to have put their most embarrassing club in Scotland tag behind them and look like they might have turned a corner to become a competent football team.

Ayr have been shite in all cups this year and it is a bit of a surprise we are in the quarters when you consider we scraped through against Pollock and we’re seconds away from going out against Elgin.

With a greater prize at stake in this one, I’d hope that Bullen sets up to win a game rather than whatever the f**k he’s been doing for the last few months. 

We were 5 points behind Dunfermline after the first 2 games of the season and are 7 behind them now. So that is basically what has cost us, along with a home defeat to them. We've thrown away really silly points and so have they, and are both in great form at the moment.

Bar us conceding a 95th minute penalty equaliser at Alloa and a stupid red card and penalty by Airdrie, losing when they were 3-0 up against the Pars, the gap would've been cut to 2 points at the weekend. Now I appreciate that if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas, but these games are swinging by the finest of margins. To claim we are miles off it is indeed very agenda-ey and I would expect better from the good people of Ayr 

I think that the Darvel game was actually a really good way for us to go into this. I mean, really you can take from it that Darvel are shite, but thankfully they also beat Aberdeen, and for this reason I think (and the way Ayr fans are talking it might happen anyway) that Bullen is going to be trapped in a few different thoughts about how to approach us. 

There's nothing worse for a team than a manger second Line ups and tactics, and the way the whole Darvel thing played out is one of these things that might contribute to that. 

Ayr are clearly favourites, but I think anything other than having a go and backing themselves to win a shootout would be foolish. 

Along with others iv long feared big occasion games at TFS, but im willing to back this current version of McGlynns team to maybe just rise to it in the cup setting. 

On 15/02/2023 at 10:56, scottsdad said:

Sorry Ayr fans, the Falkirk express is coming through. Destroying all in its path on the long march to glory. 

1-0 to the Bairns. 

I heard that their League 1 to Championship journey is very nice. Very scenic. Takes fucking ages though.

It’s a great draw for us but we need to be on it to win this one, good to finally get a home draw as well.

shows how bad things have gotten over the last 5 years when Ayr are favourites playing at the Falkirk Stadium, but that’s the position we’ve found ourselves in. 

Excellent pricing,

Adult: £20

Concession: £15 (Over 65 and Student)

Under 18: £10  ( Plenty of 18-23 year olds having a shave )

Under 12: FREE with a paying adult (maximum of 3 free tickets per adult)

Edited by NUMBER 7

On 22/02/2023 at 10:57, Balde Bairn said:

shows how bad things have gotten over the last 5 years when Ayr are favourites playing at the Falkirk Stadium, but that’s the position we’ve found ourselves in. 

We've not been playing so well recently, so maybe a good chance for a wee club like Falkirk to get a result against one of the big boys. 

5 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Think this will be a good game. Cant help but think Akinyemi and the experience of Maguire will be the difference maker however.

Don't think McGuire's experience will help unless it's in the build up as I doubt he's eligible given his signing date