Falkirk v Ayr United - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

callum-ayr

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I'd just rather we played our strongest available 11. This isn't the game to be giving backup players game time.

Realistically both keepers have their drawbacks. Albinson is only slightly ahead because he’s better at corners but it’s not too much of a difference 

Bullen is really playing with fire reverting to McAdams.  Absolute bombscare at times last season and even at his best was terrified of any cross ball.  Given the money riding on this, Bullen should surely have played the best team available to him?  McAdams will be off in the summer anyway so I don’t think we really owe him anything anyway.  

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Realistically both keepers have their drawbacks. Albinson is only slightly ahead because he’s better at corners but it’s not too much of a difference 

That’s honestly crazy.  Albinson has been head and shoulders better than McAdams was last season.  In truth, he looked a better goalkeeper last season too when McAdams was injured but was dropped purely because of the presumption that McAdams was signed as our no 1.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Clearly McGlynn worried about our physicality by bringing in McKay, Henderson and Wright. 

Henderson probably the right call anyway. I did't hate the idea of him dropping out last week, but it didnt work, so I think he's in our strongest midfield. Also think form should see Mckay in for Mackie. Wright is the only one that comes across as a big call for this match for me. Assume Kuckeriavyi takes Kennedys place on the left. 

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

That’s honestly crazy.  Albinson has been head and shoulders better than McAdams was last season.  In truth, he looked a better goalkeeper last season too when McAdams was injured but was dropped purely because of the presumption that McAdams was signed as our no 1.

It's possible the manager considers the two goalkeepers to be similar ability but that McAdams has the edge in the 20% chance that the game goes to penalties. Maybe McAdams is showing himself to be the better at saving penalties in training.

7 minutes ago, Toepoker said:

It's possible the manager considers the two goalkeepers to be similar ability but that McAdams has the edge in the 20% chance that the game goes to penalties. Maybe McAdams is showing himself to be the better at saving penalties in training.

McAdams is fucking terrible at penalties…

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Have to say starting Wright seems a bonkers decision to me in such a crucial game but hope I’m proved wrong.

He is the most physical striker we have so I guess that is the reason 

6 minutes ago, Toepoker said:

That’s a helluva stretch.  Personally I think it’s a lack of ruthlessness from Bullen.  Giving McAdams game time in earlier rounds made some sense.  But there’s a semi final and 250k riding on this tonight.   Hopefully it’s a non issue, but he’s making a huge rod for his own back if McAdams screws up.  

29 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

McAdams starts. f**k off.

Playing devil's advocate, and feeling fully qualified to do so as a Designated Hater(TM): McAdams was the first choice keeper and Albinson was signed from the eighth tier of English football. He lost his place in the first team, deservedly so, but was at one point considered one of the better keepers at this level. In most timelines people would be bitching about Albinson starting tonight. And despite this having been the sort of cup run one would normally have to repeatedly save and reload before the draw for, he still hasn't let in more than he's saved.

Also if it doesn't work out then it should hopefully result in the emptying of the man responsible. So everything comes to a conclusion.