Falkirk v Ayr United - Scottish Cup Quarter Final

callum-ayr

Still absolutely buzzing after last night. 

As others have said, we didnt play at our best but definitely shaded it over the piece. Ayr were about as good as I thought they would be based on their league position - better than Partick and Morten but not as good as Dundee, so was quite an even match up. You can see exactly why Akinyemi has scored so many goals in the Championship, was a real handful for Donaldson and McKay who are pretty physical themselves

Fair play to the 1300 Ayr fans in the north stand, easily their best away support at TFS and made a lot more noise than Hibs or Dunfermline did earlier this season

Subs probably made the difference in the end as the guys who came on just gave us that bit extra again, and that was with guys like Lawal, McGuffie & Burrell not even getting on and Allan cup-tied. Whereas Ayr didnt look like they had many options to bring on. 

In the end it was two lucky deflected goals, the difference is we scored our penalty and Ayr missed theirs. It's those fine margins that can swing a game in your favour. 

Cant wait for Hampden and what might just turn in to a very, very special season 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

A big well done to Falkirk in reaching the semi-final from a Partick fan.

Best of luck.against ICT. They are a good team and on form so will be difficult. However you gave Ayr a goal of a start and beat them so you have a good chance to reach the final though ICT will start favourites.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Falkirk fall to pieces when they cross the Forth so a trip into Europe should be a laugh for everyone.

Hush now child. Be off with you.

On 13/03/2023 at 21:47, DA Baracus said:

Some draw, yet again, for Falkirk. Has a team ever had a more favourable draw?

Do you mean Aberdeen away was a good draw? 

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't get what you mean.

We drew Aberdeen or Darvel away. Hardly an easy draw. Aberdeen would beat Darvel 99 times out of 100 IMO. 

A draw is a draw. The nature of it is why we have phrases like "luck of the draw" and "can only beat what's in front of you". If we somehow lifted the Cup, I wouldn't be giving a seconds thought tot he draw we had or anything of the sort. And when we are using that sweet sweet cash, I wont be thinking of it either. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

But you said we had an easy “draw”. Are you thick? 

The draw was one of the two clubs. You ended up playing Darvel. Therefore you drew Darvel.

Are you thick?

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A draw is a draw. The nature of it is why we have phrases like "luck of the draw" and "can only beat what's in front of you". If we somehow lifted the Cup, I wouldn't be giving a seconds thought tot he draw we had or anything of the sort. And when we are using that sweet sweet cash, I wont be thinking of it either. 

Aye, if we could win the Scottish playing nothing but lowland league sides I'd absolutely take it.